Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2013   #41
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6th round -David Quessenberry OL SJSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A quick-footed huge load to move, who moves a load. I would love to see him eventually tried at OT.
+1 I'd like to see him get a chance at RT.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #42
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
+1 I'd like to see him get a chance at RT.
Have been thinking about this more lately. I am not a fan of Newton. I know some on here think Newton is going to develop, but I don't see it. Qberry looks a lot more technically solid than Newton, and he's plenty powerful, I think.
Old 08-30-2013   #43
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

newton has been absolutely aweful. he looks jiggly, slow and usually confused or scared. how he's getting snaps with the #1's is beyond me. i think Q would be an upgrade over newton today.

that being said i like grooming Q for the left guard spot. wade smith has regressed each season IMO, and is costing more than he's worth. Q at left guard would upgrade the position and save us some much needed cap space. i think he could even take over this season, it seems a more natural position - but i havent focused on him enough yet to say that with any certainty.
Old 08-30-2013   #44
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I said I wanted quess at RT from day one. I wish they'd have worked him there to work on his pass pro.

I'd have actually been working Williams at RG. but I guess they feel like Brennan's athleticism translates better to tackle. His pass protection was horrid at times in college, but it looked mostly technique related.

Last edited by Rey; 08-31-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #45
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like what I saw from Newton last year, and the few flaws that I saw in his game were fixable with coaching and experience. This preseason he looks even worse than last year. I'm not sure if his offseason knee surgery is to blame or what but he has regressed from the end of last season. This is also surprising since D. Brown was suppossedly working with him during the offseason. As for Ques. I'd like to see him get a tryout at RT but I think he's the heir apparent at LG next year.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #46
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
...I'm not sure if his offseason knee surgery is to blame or what but he has regressed from the end of last season.
I believe this is the issue.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read