Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-12-2015   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 251670 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Worst projected starter for 2015?

I think Mallett, Pickett, Dent, Newton and Lewis return and Graham takes a cut.

I think TE Maxx Williams could possibly start game one over Graham.

OLB Reed gone and Mohammed could do well here. This is worst position as ? over who on roster starts but no one I am willing to draft at #16.

ILB I think Tuggle and a returned Dent will be fine. No one interests me #16.

RT is where I probably get most disagreement but I think Newton continues to be starter barring a FA pick up.

Who is the worst starter that is expected to be on 2015 roster?
Old 02-12-2015   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 533725 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst projected starter for 2015?

So you've spent our 1st on a TE. Why not project a few more picks like for the slot receiver we don't have and should top the list of missing starters?
Old 02-12-2015   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 247916 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

what about KJ? If he doesn't return we need an instant starter that can do his role
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 251670 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So you've spent our 1st on a TE. Why not project a few more picks like for the slot receiver we don't have and should top the list of missing starters?
Are you hallucinating? I never said pick TE #16 just that he could possiblybeat out Graham and even stated OLB was worst position. Sometimes I think you just see my name attached to a post and go into attack mode.

Furthermore, I have repeatedly said I would select Parker and move AJ to slot. Also mocked slot receiver Tony Lippett in later rounds.
Old 02-12-2015   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
what about KJ? If he doesn't return we need an instant starter that can do his role
If KJ gone and I doubt that now, we can start Bouye or Morris across from Joseph.
Old 02-12-2015   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 472020 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Are you hallucinating? I never said pick TE #16 just that he could possiblybeat out Graham and even stated OLB was worst position...
Well, to be fair Lance Zierlein, Kiper, and McShay all have Maxx going in the first round so we'd have to use a first.

No doubt Williams would beat out Graham. Kid is talented. Interested in his Combine times.

Need better play from DL, ILB, TE.
Old 02-12-2015   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 533725 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you hallucinating? I never said pick TE #16 just that he could possiblybeat out Graham and even stated OLB was worst position. Sometimes I think you just see my name attached to a post and go into attack mode.

Furthermore, I have repeatedly said I would select Parker and move AJ to slot. Also mocked slot receiver Tony Lippett in later rounds.
Maybe you're hallucinating - I didn't say 16, I said 1st which is where Maxx is projected.

If you're going to start a new thread assuming your whole mock then say it and lay it out because you sure didn't make it clear here.

Neither HC has shown any inclination to follow your 5 year campaign to make AJ our full time slot. Their selections to fill the position so far don't demonstrate they share your view of the position nor do Belichick's.

And how are you getting Parker and Maxx both?

IOTW you've left too much unexplained.
Old 02-12-2015   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Maybe you're hallucinating - I didn't say 16, I said 1st which is where Maxx is projected.

If you're going to start a new thread assuming your whole mock then say it and lay it out because you sure didn't make it clear here.

Neither HC has shown any inclination to follow your 5 year campaign to make AJ our full time slot. Their selections to fill the position so far don't demonstrate they share your view of the position nor do Belichick's.

And how are you getting Parker and Maxx both?

IOTW you've left too much unexplained.
The bolded is an incorrect assumption as this was not a mock or you would move it. I want to see who others think our worst starter is. I noted areas that many have addressed in the past. I do not have a TE on my mock as I think we will have same guys back. Your first post said I had selected Maxx but I only stated I thought he could beat out Graham possibly not that we should draft him.

AJ has frequently played slot and on my roster would rotate with Parker at all positions.
Old 02-12-2015   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Well, to be fair Lance Zierlein, Kiper, and McShay all have Maxx going in the first round so we'd have to use a first.

No doubt Williams would beat out Graham. Kid is talented. Interested in his Combine times.

Need better play from DL, ILB, TE.
yes barring a trade down, Maxx would have to be chosen #16 but I was just pointing out he is only pick that could beat out our starter not that I would select him. Do you think Graham is worst starter?
Old 02-12-2015   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 472020 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you think Graham is worst starter?
I don't think there's a place for him in this offense, personally. His size precludes him from being a Y-TE, his lack of short-area-quickness precludes him from being a Move-TE.

I think we have a few "worsts" yet.
Old 02-12-2015   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
The bolded is an incorrect assumption as this was not a mock or you would move it. I want to see who others think our worst starter is.
No it wouldn't be moved if you said "here are my projected picks, after that what do you think are our weakest positions?"

And it wasn't much of an assumption since you answered my statement about the slot with who you projected in your mock.
Old 02-12-2015   #12
austins23
All Pro

Section: GridIron 525
Rep Power: 28432 austins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Andre is not gonna play slot WR.
Old 02-12-2015   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
No it wouldn't be moved if you said "here are my projected picks, after that what do you think are our weakest positions?"

And it wasn't much of an assumption since you answered my statement about the slot with who you projected in your mock.
well I did not say that and here it remains. Any who, continue this argument by yourself.
Old 02-12-2015   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by austins23 View Post
Andre is not gonna play slot WR.
yet he has already..look I am not saying he has to take every snap there but he does play that position very well. Most think slot has to be a shorter receiver but that is not true. AJ/Parker/ Nuk can rotate as could Lippett if selected. I do not think finding a slot guy is high priority.
Old 02-12-2015   #15
austins23
All Pro

Section: GridIron 525
Rep Power: 28432 austins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yet he has already..look I am not saying he has to take every snap there but he does play that position very well. Most think slot has to be a shorter receiver but that is not true. AJ/Parker/ Nuk can rotate as could Lippett if selected. I do not think finding a slot guy is high priority.
I would think that AJ does not fit OBrien's view of slot WR. i.e., Welker
Old 02-12-2015   #16
Number19
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55948 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Mallett, Pickett, Dent, Newton and Lewis return and Graham takes a cut.

I think TE Maxx Williams could possibly start game one over Graham.

OLB Reed gone and Mohammed could do well here. This is worst position as ? over who on roster starts but no one I am willing to draft at #16.

ILB I think Tuggle and a returned Dent will be fine. No one interests me #16.

RT is where I probably get most disagreement but I think Newton continues to be starter barring a FA pick up.

Who is the worst starter that is expected to be on 2015 roster?
This is a pretty good question. Given improved play at the QB position, our team is pretty solid overall. Not a Super Bowl caliber team, but a solid team which should make the playoffs, and with no glaring holes that currently need to be addressed (this may change if we lose FA's). So we are faced with the decisions of replacing pretty good starters with better starters, and this is reflected in the varying mocks as we approach the draft. I'm still sticking with my idea to improve the OL, which would impact and improve both the running game and the passing game. I also still like the idea of upgrading Crick, opposite Watt.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I don't think there's a place for him in this offense, personally. His size precludes him from being a Y-TE, his lack of short-area-quickness precludes him from being a Move-TE.

I think we have a few "worsts" yet.
I think Graham will get better like others with Mallett at QB. He needs to increase his completions of targets and his avg a bit from 10.9. He is not our y as that will be Fiedo.
Old 02-12-2015   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I think Graham will get better like others with Mallett at QB. He needs to increase his completions of targets and his avg a bit from 10.9. He is not our y as that will be Fiedo.
I'd look at FA Charles Clay or draft Heuerman/O'Leary over Graham.
Old 02-12-2015   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 247916 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our current worst starter (not including Graham cuz I don't recall him...j/k) is Ben Jones followed by ILB next to a recovering/waiting to be injured again Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015   #20
Number19
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55948 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think our current worst starter (not including Graham cuz I don't recall him...j/k) is Ben Jones followed by ILB next to a recovering/waiting to be injured again Cushing
Su'a Filo got a late start last year. Given the experience gained last year and a full pre-season/training camp, I expect to see significant improvement and for him to win the starting position over Jones. I'd like to see Jones increase playing time at his collegiate position, OC; with the outside possibility we might see improved play over Myers. I'd like to see us go with a RT with #16.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read