Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #141
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd round DJ Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm a swearinger fan, but kubiak should have yanked his ass and told him to get a ****ing clue.

But I'm not down in swagg. I think he and everyone else could benefit from some real coaching. I don't even think Vance Joseph says anything to these guys anymore because the DB's look like they just do whatever they feel like.
too slow to react...the Texas way. Keo starting also mindbloggling....but he's slow, so I guess that's cool for this slowass team.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #142
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

not defending his actions but if this was a 11-2 team, would be "he got caught up in the passion of the game" BUT it is what it is, Texans are 2-11 and all the antics the players do now is ridiculous, as it should be...

Oh and getting beat on a double pass trick play was icing on the proverbial cake for "Swagg" last night...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #143
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
too slow to react...the Texas way. Keo starting also mindbloggling....but he's slow, so I guess that's cool for this slowass team.
No way Keo should be starting, but the fact that he's not the worst starter says a lot.

I am a fan of DJS as well, but he seems to have adopted the Texans habit of unwarranted celebration. You're 2-11. Just do your job, STFU, and get back to the defensive huddle. So tired of watching these guys act like they've done something when it's ONE play in a season of fail.
Old 12-06-2013   #144
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
No way Keo should be starting, but the fact that he's not the worst starter says a lot.

I am a fan of DJS as well, but he seems to have adopted the Texans habit of unwarranted celebration. You're 2-11. Just do your job, STFU, and get back to the defensive huddle. So tired of watching these guys act like they've done something when it's ONE play in a season of fail.
He's no Chris Dishman.

Old 12-06-2013   #145
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

To me DJS is a kid acting out wondering who is in charge .

Keo hit a 4.7 at the combine in the 40 . Wade liked him because he worked so hard at the East West Shrine game .
Old 12-06-2013   #146
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why we insist on playing 3 safeties anyway. I understand Swearinger's used as a box safety a majority of the time, but why not use Harris instead of Keo? And for some reason we just started playing Pleasant. He's been the best S on the field the past couple of weeks
Old 12-06-2013   #147
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't know why we insist on playing 3 safeties anyway. I understand Swearinger's used as a box safety a majority of the time, but why not use Harris instead of Keo? And for some reason we just started playing Pleasant. He's been the best S on the field the past couple of weeks
I'm sure he didn't have his locker clean .
Old 12-06-2013   #148
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
To me DJS is a kid acting out wondering who is in charge .

Keo hit a 4.7 at the combine in the 40 . Wade liked him because he worked so hard at the East West Shrine game .
LoL...swearinger thinks he's in charge.

Where is the leadership at man...I like dj, but someone needs to sit his ass down and put some proper thoughts in his head. 'He should know better, but inevitably teams are going to have players like this. It's up to team leadership to get them reigned in and hope they mature. If not move on.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #149
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
LoL...swearinger thinks he's in charge.

Where is the leadership at man...I like dj, but someone needs to sit his ass down and put some proper thoughts in his head. 'He should know better, but inevitably teams are going to have players like this. It's up to team leadership to get them reigned in and hope they mature. If not move on.
Eureka .... it just came to me . DJ ( a gamecock ) is working to get Clowney ( a gamecock ) , per Bob's ( a gamecock ) instruction .
Old 12-06-2013   #150
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Hope you're right. The most I've seen out of him is what you see from box safeties.

What irked me is the fact we left him in the game after acting a fool. Bench his ass! Throw Jon Weeks in there and let him eat
No.

What irks me is that we called a time-out to ***** him out and THEN left his ass in the game.

He owed us 6 points. 3 points that we probably would have gotten if we had gotten the ball and 3 points that we ended up giving up.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #151
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Eureka .... it just came to me . DJ ( a gamecock ) is working to get Clowney ( a gamecock ) , per Bob's ( a gamecock ) instruction .
yeah, but he seems like the only no-brainer can't miss type talent in the draft.

Old 12-06-2013   #152
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Swearinger has a maturity problem. Kubiak should've sent him to the showers like Mike Singleterry did to Vernon Davis. You can't let a rookie get away with being a diva.

The day that Swearinger said in training camp, "I feel like a second or third year player," a coach should've instructed some veterans to remind him of his place as a rookie. Pecking orders exist for a reason, and Swearinger's behavior last night is an example of why an immature kid shouldn't be allowed to circumvent it.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #153
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
yeah, but he seems like the only no-brainer can't miss type talent in the draft.
So DJ had to insure the Texans were there at #1 .
Old 12-06-2013   #154
bash
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Swearinger has a maturity problem. Kubiak should've sent him to the showers like Mike Singleterry did to Vernon Davis. You can't let a rookie get away with being a diva.

The day that Swearinger said in training camp, "I feel like a second or third year player," a coach should've instructed some veterans to remind him of his place as a rookie. Pecking orders exist for a reason, and Swearinger's behavior last night is an example of why an immature kid shouldn't be allowed to circumvent it.
Thanks. The damn announcers were having a field day with Swearinger and then after all that clapping he gets thrown and scored on.
bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #155
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Farewell Kubes, this is how I will remember you.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #156
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's no Chris Dishman.
Damn right.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #157
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate Swearinger. That guy is an unnecessarily cocky, arrogant, idiotic, and oblivious piece of crap.

I don't like players like that on my team. What a jibber-jabbering idiot.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #158
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the everyone on this team thought thursday that if they do everything possible to make the coaching staff look like idiots they would get fired so they did....

and it worked so I'm happy with last night performance by everyone.
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #159
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he can be a good safety, just has to get his mind right.
Old 12-06-2013   #160
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I think he can be a good safety, just has to get his mind right.
He is a good safety. But his immaturity helped lose a game and nudged a head coach towards his departure. He may grow up, he may not.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read