Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #121
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd round DJ Swearinger

What happened?

I went to bed midway through the 2Q. The only thing of note I saw him do was get a pretty sweet PD
Old 12-06-2013   #122
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I think he is trying to get Kubiak fired by doing stupid things that make you think "wow, that is what poorly coached teams do".
True. Stupid penalties like DJ committed last night are a reflection of a lack of coaching and a lack of discipline.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #123
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
What happened?

I went to bed midway through the 2Q. The only thing of note I saw him do was get a pretty sweet PD
Defense stopped the jags forcing a 4th down punt. Swearinger decided to taunt the other team (like he's Mr Tuffguy on a 2-10 team) giving them a 1st down instead. He followed that up with a pass interference penalty on the next play IIRC. It was around 40 penalty yards in 2 plays.
Old 12-06-2013   #124
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
True. Stupid penalties like DJ committed last night are a reflection of a lack of coaching and a lack of discipline.
either that or Jerry Glanville snuck back in the Coaching meetings

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #125
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
What happened?

Complete mental breakdown on the field. JAX was walking off the field after a failed 3rd and 2 to punt and DJ smack talks as they're on their way and gets a taunting penalty. Then another penalty later where he held onto Lewis negating a pick by Pleasant (which might not have been picked unless DJ held though.) He was attempting arm tackling again and bounced off MJD. He did celebrate every freaking tackle like he was making huge plays in the Super Bowl. He made some other bad plays that I can't recall. Dude's a clown, Pollard without the big hits and occasional pick, at least in his rookie campaign.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #126
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I think he's a gangsta punk who needs to play like a professional football player and keep his head straight.
If only we could have signed a grizzled vet with a Super Bowl ring (preferably one who plays the same position as he does) to come in and show him how to do this...
Old 12-06-2013   #127
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
If only we could have signed a grizzled vet with a Super Bowl ring (preferably one who plays the same position as he does) to come in and show him how to do this...
DeMeco Ryan's leadership won't be missed either.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013   #128
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, sucks we ended up with a hobo instead.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #129
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya know what? I've got a great idea...
Old 12-06-2013   #130
UKTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 UKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I think he is trying to get Kubiak fired by doing stupid things that make you think "wow, that is what poorly coached teams do".
And then to hammer home his point he publicly humiliated his coach by acting like a spoiled teenager at the side when Kubiak tried to give him a bollocking. I'm not defending Kubiak, he's clearly lost respect and discipline but Swearinger should be disciplined for thast display, he needs to understand that is not acceptable.
UKTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #131
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKTexan View Post
And then to hammer home his point he publicly humiliated his coach by acting like a spoiled teenager at the side when Kubiak tried to give him a bollocking. I'm not defending Kubiak, he's clearly lost respect and discipline but Swearinger should be disciplined for thast display, he needs to understand that is not acceptable.
I've heard of the term bollocks but I didn't now know that one could perform a bollocking. I guess a "Bullocking" is missing a FG from 45+ yards!

Any way, I agree and in the game thread even stated that an actual "good" coach would have benched him for that. Unfortunately we are stuck with a coach that doesn't hold players accountable and puts it all on him.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #132
UKTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 UKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I've heard of the term bollocks but I didn't now know that one could perform a bollocking. I guess a "Bullocking" is missing a FG from 45+ yards!

Any way, I agree and in the game thread even stated that an actual "good" coach would have benched him for that. Unfortunately we are stuck with a coach that doesn't hold players accountable and puts it all on him.
Close, a "Bullocking" is what one gets for missing a FG from 45+ yards
UKTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #133
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Swag was notorious for dumb penalties at South Carolina fwiw. He obviously hasn't been coached up yet.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #134
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The kid has the tools, but he needs to keep that ego in check.
Old 12-06-2013   #135
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not Swearinger fault guys.

Kubiak address this already and he takes total blame for his penalties and the rest of them.

TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #136
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The kid has the tools, but he needs to keep that ego in check.
Hope you're right. The most I've seen out of him is what you see from box safeties.

What irked me is the fact we left him in the game after acting a fool. Bench his ass! Throw Jon Weeks in there and let him eat
Old 12-06-2013   #137
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Hope you're right. The most I've seen out of him is what you see from box safeties.

What irked me is the fact we left him in the game after acting a fool. Bench his ass! Throw Jon Weeks in there and let him eat
Exactly. You want to keep what little respect you have from fans and your players? You sit him down. I don't care what some media people say, what I see is a team that is playing smart or inspired for a lame duck dead in the water coach. They might respect him as a man and might say the right things, but Kubiak has never shown to be one to hold anyone accountable and the team is finally responding to that kind of leadership.
Old 12-06-2013   #138
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Exactly. You want to keep what little respect you have from fans and your players? You sit him down. I don't care what some media people say, what I see is a team that is playing smart or inspired for a lame duck dead in the water coach. They might respect him as a man and might say the right things, but Kubiak has never shown to be one to hold anyone accountable and the team is finally responding to that kind of leadership.
Agreed. I don't care much about what the heads say either, but Mayock and Nessler (I think) were darn near to the point of making fun of the guy
Old 12-06-2013   #139
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a swearinger fan, but kubiak should have yanked his ass and told him to get a ****ing clue.

But I'm not down in swagg. I think he and everyone else could benefit from some real coaching. I don't even think Vance Joseph says anything to these guys anymore because the DB's look like they just do whatever they feel like.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #140
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 125714 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Agreed. I don't care much about what the heads say either, but Mayock and Nessler (I think) were darn near to the point of making fun of the guy
Yep what will cost Gary his job is screaming "what the F are you doing?" and then not benching the guy. This was another nail in Kubiak's coffin for me.

Another thing did anyone else notice Schaub scolding Martin for not getting in huddle quickly? Martin just seemed to ignore him. Matt seemed to talk to him later on sideline &again Martin just ignored. A series or so later (I think after Scahub had thrown him a pass, Martin was on bench and Schaub seemed to be coaching him. I want to see that from a QB and I want to see a coach on Martin or whomever's ass for not respecting QB. I don't care if the waterboy is QB, do what you are told.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read