Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2013   #61
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22889 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd round DJ Swearinger

I'm not particularly enamored with the pick. He'll be good, maybe very good, but he doesn't have the upside to be elite; and at 5'-10" will be a mismatch against elite TE's and some of the best WR's. He'll make the hit after the catch, but giving up 6" -8" in height, QB's can take advantage of this...B- is all I can give the pick.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #62
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I realize it is highlights on YouTube, but like this pick more and more..I hope *****inger soaks up knowledge from Ed Reed
BTW the * are a joke on his name. I really didn't curse
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #63
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I'm not particularly enamored with the pick. He'll be good, maybe very good, but he doesn't have the upside to be elite; and at 5'-10" will be a mismatch against elite TE's and some of the best WR's. He'll make the hit after the catch, but giving up 6" -8" in height, QB's can take advantage of this...B- is all I can give the pick.
Troy Polamalu is listed at 5'10" as well.
Old 04-28-2013   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Swearinger measured in at 5'10'04 with arm length of 32-3/8.

I think that's about Quin's measurement or slightly better.
Also, he's about 1/2 longer than Matt Elam who was drafted earlier.

His posted numbers in the 20SS and 3-cone are both better than Quin, suggesting that he has the agility to stay with his man.

I would have liked for him to be taller, but overall, his measurements aren't too bad.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #65
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22889 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've changed my position on this pick a bit. I never figured FS to be a weakness going into the draft and had SS on my mind. It seems Swearinger will be groomed for FS and used in the sub-packages this next season. I like him in this role just fine - it's an excellent pick.

For SS, I want that big, fast, strong hybrid type to match up against elite TE's and big #2 receivers in the short middle zone.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
We need to get flagged more.

Not for fake illegal hits. Like the bull calls watt gets.

We need to get flagged more ala pollard and reed. Receivers need to understand that we're going to take a penalty or two sometimes whilst punishing them. They don't need to be out there running around care free playing against a defense that they aren't concerned about getting their bell rung against.

Not saying be dirty, but when you play hard and aggressive and look to punish offensive players...you're going to get flagged sometimes. That's just the reality.
I could stand a few more flags, but them receivers were getting dikdirted all year long. Kj is mean, Manning don't give a fug, and Quins a hitter. I even remember seeing Jjo take a couple of heads off..... didn't get flagged, should've, but didn't.

They deny it, but I think Welker dropped all them balls, because he was looking/expecting for the off defender.
Old 04-28-2013   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
The difference, is that Polamalu was on the field every down, giving him ample opportunity to make plays. Swearinger will be coming off the bench & have to make the most of limited opportunity.
Old 04-28-2013   #68
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully he won't get manhandled by opposing tight ends like Glover.
Old 04-28-2013   #69
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I think they would have taken Brown had Baltimore not traded up in front of us.
Totally agree with you. But I like Swearinger pick as well so I will take it.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #70
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope this guy doesn't end up killing someone out there. An onfield decapitation wouldn't be a good look.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #71
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

favorite pick in the draft for sure. guy takes some dumb penalties but that will go away with time, ed reed will mentor him
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #72
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
favorite pick in the draft for sure. guy takes some dumb penalties but that will go away with time, ed reed will mentor him
That would be like . Ed's been fined and had a suspension rescinded for headhunting. That said, he does play mean. I hope he can learn to reel it in a little. It sure likes he's got a little Bernard Pollard in him.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #73
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he's better than Arthur Brown, because apparently that's who the Texans were going to take until Baltimore traded ahead of them to get him.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #74
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Yeah, but he's about 6'3 once he puts the helmet on over his hair.
Old 04-29-2013   #75
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Swearinger Grind Flu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojqo5sWIVrM ******LANGUAGE*************

His footwork is ridiculous...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #76
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Swearinger Grind Flu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojqo5sWIVrM ******LANGUAGE*************

His footwork is ridiculous...
Great stuff.

Kid seems like another Cushing. I love it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #77
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Hopefully he won't get manhandled by opposing tight ends like Glover.
Or bite so hard on Brady's PA.
Old 04-30-2013   #78
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Swearinger about to be on 610am in a few minutes.
Old 04-30-2013   #79
Rey
Hall of Fame

I had no idea Sam Montgomery and Swearinger were highschool teammates...

I must have missed that...
Old 04-30-2013   #80
Rey
Hall of Fame

Good interview. Nothing ground breaking, but you can tell this guy loves football. Hearing him talk about being in the same room with Ed Reed made me smile. Says he loves to watch film to pick up any advantages he can on his opponent. Feels like the middle of the field belongs to him and he's basically there to make QB's Recievers and backs pay for trying to make plays in his area.

He played RB, QB and Safety in highschool. Sam Montgomery was a DE and he said Sam made it easy for him and he looks forward to more of the same in the pros.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read