Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2014   #221
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132788 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd round DJ Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I was happy about the potential, but watching him is damn hard. He needs to pull a complete 180 here in the next few weeks or we are really in for some hurt. I'm already convinced that Harris is going to be consistently beat in the slot.
Kareem is supposed to be playing in the slot now.

Harris already looks to have been bumped down the depth chart. Bouye was practicing ahead of him today.

As far as swearinger goes...two systems in two years...not great in pass coverage. Has to really work at it due to physical limitations. But I think if he can get zoned in and master this defense he'll be a plus player.

He's got about a year to prove himself. Maybe if he's really that bad they'll find someone to take his spot sooner than later.

Just saying I still like him as the ss.

But the way I feel about players abilities won't cloud my judgement. I'll call em like I see em and when it's time to move on, so be it.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014   #222
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
People keep talking about the ineptitude of Brandon Harris, and rightfully so, but swag boy has been nearly as bad. In the first drive alone, he gave up huge plays to let the Cards convert first downs. It's not even that he was beat, he was horribly beaten or completely lost. On one play, he completely turned around in what appeared to be short zone coverage and the ball was promptly placed where it appeared he was supposed to be. It's not a good deal when your inside cover guys are consistently beat and I am concerned that we are in for a lot of that this year.
Quote:
I was happy about the potential, but watching him is damn hard. He needs to pull a complete 180 here in the next few weeks or we are really in for some hurt. I'm already convinced that Harris is going to be consistently beat in the slot.

And that honestly would be one thing, where he bites on a fake or goes for the INT when in zone but misses. Turning your back to the QB in what appeared to be short zone is just terrible play.
There have been times that the CB's and other safety have left him hanging, also. DB play is so damned hard to judge because we, as fans, have no idea of who should've been doing what 90% of the time.
Old 08-12-2014   #223
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

Harris already looks to have been bumped down the depth chart. Bouye was practicing ahead of him today.

As far as swearinger goes...two systems in two years...not great in pass coverage. Has to really work at it due to physical limitations. But I think if he can get zoned in and master this defense he'll be a plus player.

He's got about a year to prove himself. Maybe if he's really that bad they'll find someone to take his spot sooner than later.

But the way I feel about players abilities won't cloud my judgement. I'll call em like I see em and when it's time to move on, so be it.
I love the passion and the big hits DJ brings, but he needs to have a bit less swag and a bit more lunchbox. Like someone else posted, make the big hit, but be true to proper tackling. Shoulder chucks don't knock down many NFL players. They show up on ESPN for all the wrong reasons.
Very valid point about 2 systems in 2 years. The guy's head has to be spinning right now. If he can show some discipline, I'll be happy with him.
Old 08-13-2014   #224
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Swearinger is still my guy.
& Brandon Harris is still mine.
Old 08-13-2014   #225
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014   #226
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone else catch his post on Twitter right after the game Saturday? Had a Vine video of his special teams hit that could easily have been a penalty. Bragging it up.

Completely ignored the fact his team just got curb stomped 32-0
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014   #227
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
LOL
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2014   #228
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Did anyone else catch his post on Twitter right after the game Saturday? Had a Vine video of his special teams hit that could easily have been a penalty. Bragging it up.

He's just trying to be the best teammate he can be
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014   #229
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 87806 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

When you want a team with more Bad Boy than Choir Boy, you have to take both the good and bad parts of the Bad Boys. Let's hope his good outweighs his bad this season. Dude has a LOT of swagger, so it may be tough.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014   #230
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Jungle Boi Swag isn't the smartest. He's also taking Instagram selfie videos while driving sooo.....

Quote:

I like the idea of Kareem in the slot on some downs. We've always liked his ability to play the short stuff and that's what he will be doing there most of the time.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014   #231
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
When you want a team with more Bad Boy than Choir Boy, you have to take both the good and bad parts of the Bad Boys. Let's hope his good outweighs his bad this season. Dude has a LOT of swagger, so it may be tough.
"Swagger" can be quite counterproductive when not tempered with some intelligence.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #232
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

D.J. Swearinger not fined for hit

Updated: August 29, 2014, 9:30 PM ET

By Tania Ganguli | ESPN.com

HOUSTON -- Texans safety D.J. Swearinger was not fined for a hit on Broncos receiver Wes Welker that drew a penalty last weekend, Swearinger told ESPN.com on Thursday night.

The safety made the hit with his shoulder but wound up colliding with Welker's head. The hit caused Welker's third concussion in nine months and he immediately left the game.

Denver quarterback Peyton Manning was so upset about the hit that he yelled at Swearinger, who is in his second season out of South Carolina, following the next play. Then, Manning received the first taunting penalty of his career. Manning was fined $8,268 for the taunt, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

"I believe that that particular hit was a bang-bang play where he was leading with his shoulder and at the last second Welk caught the pass and kind of ducked to make sure that he was protecting himself on the hit and it ended up being a shoulder into the head/neck area," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Friday. "It was a very bang-bang play. Like I said last week, D.J. was not trying to do harm to anybody. D.J., in our building, has a good reputation as a guy that works extremely hard."

An NFL spokesman confirmed Friday that Swearinger drew no fine for the play.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #233
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

if we wanted a bernard pollard, couldnt we have kept bernard and spent that 2nd rd pick on someone else.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #234
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121294 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

The...No Fine League?! Amazing!
Old 08-30-2014   #235
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
if we wanted a bernard pollard, couldnt we have kept bernard and spent that 2nd rd pick on someone else.
Wade could do no wrong.
Old 08-30-2014   #236
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
i think it is the right call, not DJs fault that Welker ducked after he caught the ball and DJs shoulder hit his head
Old 08-30-2014   #237
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i think it is the right call, not DJs fault that Welker ducked after he caught the ball and DJs shoulder hit his head
Great non-fine. I'm shocked by it but very happy. The 15 yards was more than enough punishment.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014   #238
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132788 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

DJ's dog Blooh has his own instagram account: http://instagram.com/dat_dude_blooh

DJ's been on 610 this morning for the player's show.
Old 09-23-2014   #239
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DJ's dog Blooh has his own instagram account: http://instagram.com/dat_dude_blooh

DJ's been on 610 this morning for the player's show.
Nick Wright was betting he'd say something to get himself in trouble. How's he doing so far?
Old 09-23-2014   #240
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Nick Wright was betting he'd say something to get himself in trouble. How's he doing so far?
I was half listening, half working...But I didn't hear anything that would get him in trouble. Seemed to come of pretty well from what I heard.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read