Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2013   #21
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Do the Texans Take In The Second Round?

Seems like to me there will be a run at WR, QB and some RB in the 2nd rd. So, we should have a good chance drafting good D player at 25th pick in the 2nd rd.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of good players still left...I can't even begin to guess. Wouldn't suck to flip some of those late round picks for an extra second...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #23
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Kasheem Greene is the guy I want here with our second round pick.

Hopkins was the first guy that I have wanted in the first round immediately after the college football season ended that we ended up getting. I have wanted Greene in the second for just as long. I can only hope!
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #24
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This is my wish list. And yes I know there are WR's on it. I would not hate doubling down.

Menelik Watson OT Florida State
• Justin Hunter WR Tennessee (X)
Kawann Short DT Purdue
• Jamar Taylor CB Boise State
• Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State
• Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
• Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas (X)
• Margus Hunt DE Southern Methodist
• Jonathan Cyprien FS Florida International
• Jesse Williams NT Alabama
• Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State
• Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
• *Zach Ertz TE Stanford
• Jamie Collins LB Southern Mississippi (DE)
• Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
• John Jenkins NT Georgia
• Kevin Minter LB LSU
• Tyler Bray QB Tennesse
Khasseem Greene LB Rutgers
• Sio Moore LB UConn
• Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State
Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
• Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
• *Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech (O)
• *Corey Lemonier DE Auburn
• Kiko Alonso LB Oregon
• Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati (X)
• D.J. Swearinger SS South Carolina
• Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
• *David Bahktiari OT Colorado
• Aaron Dobson WR Marshall

And yes • Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame
..... I knew you had a copy of my draft notes. (Ditch Te'o and its almost a carbon copy).

I think Greene , Short and Armstead top my list at this point.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
OT - Watson & Armstead
ILB - Minter, Brown, and maybe Sio Moore as a projection
OLB - Damontre Moore, Collins, and maybe Lemonier
DL - Short, Logan, and Jesse Williams
QB - I think they would have to consider Barkley if he were still available

So that's 12 with 25 picks to go. I think a 3 or 4 of these guys will be available.
Did a quick and dirty mock of the 2nd round up to the Texans pick, and Minter, Damontre Moore, and Jesse Williams were available. I think it would be Minter.
Old 04-26-2013   #26
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that Texans have addressed biggest need what's next? Would say nose is biggest hole, Jesse Williams, Hankins & Short are still there but I'm concerned about Ed Reeds longevity, Manning is no spring chicken either after that diddly squat. One could argue can never have enough OL depth on edges & with Newton struggles add to that it's imperative Schaub has supreme protection then a RT is in order & using a 2nd would address that. Of course if Ertz the Stanford TE is available don't bat an eye if Texans select him.

Hankins
Short
J. Williams
Cyprien
Armstead
Watson
Ertz

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #27
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see at least one of the following:

Kawann Short-DT
Jonathan Hankins-DT
Jesse Williams-DT
Jamie Collins-OLB
David Amerson-CB/FS
Corey Lemonier-OLB
Jonathan Banks-CB
Zach Ertz-TE
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2013   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Do We Take In The Second Round?

The safest pick possible.

BoB said they needed help at WR/ILB, so I would imagine ILB will be the next pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #29
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The safest pick possible.

BoB said they needed help at WR/ILB, so I would imagine ILB will be the next pick.
Yep, most likely scenario would be LBs. Can be ILB or OLB guy that can be converted to ILB or able to play both guy.

Brown
Minter
Teo
Greene

If the above mentioned player/s available, we would likely to draft in the 2nd round. Not concrete but most likely by position.
Old 04-26-2013   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Swearinger
Hunt
Kasheem Greene

I think if Da'rick Rogers is there he'd be hard to pass up.
Old 04-26-2013   #31
Rey
Hall of Fame

Man...I hope someone takes Minter before our pick...I'm tired of seeing his name associated with us...
Old 04-26-2013   #32
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Swearinger
Hunt
Kasheem Greene

I think if Da'rick Rogers is there he'd be hard to pass up.
Man, if Hunt is there, I want the Texans to draft him and go after LB on 3rd.
Old 04-26-2013   #33
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Minter
Margus Hunt
Kawan Short

in that order..

I feel we can get our qb to develop with 1 of our 3rds

Wilson or Bray
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #34
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Question. Are teams allowed to trade their compensatory picks to move up?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Question. Are teams allowed to trade their compensatory picks to move up?

No...

Compensatory picks can't be traded.
Old 04-26-2013   #36
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 25813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Man...I hope someone takes Minter before our pick...I'm tired of seeing his name associated with us...
Dude, why? He's a natural ILB, who's a tackling machine, an automatic upgrade, great lateral agility, a 1st day starter in a position that's our first biggest hole on defense. NT would be the second biggest hole on defense, and at that, we're talking about depth and development behind Mitchell. I wouldn't mind taking Brown or Bostic either, but damn, who wants to go in to this season with Sharpton, when you can go in with a guy who's actually ready to go?
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #37
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Dude, why? He's a natural ILB, who's a tackling machine, an automatic upgrade, great lateral agility, a 1st day starter in a position that's our first biggest hole on defense?
I disagree with your assesment.

I don't like the way Minter plays. I think there are better ILB's in this draft.
Old 04-26-2013   #38
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

He tends to run around blocks a little too much at times, but he's a damn good blitzer and he's athletic enough to get sideline to sideline....He's also a good open field tackler. I think he'd be an ideal fit next to Cushing.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #39
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
He tends to run around blocks a little too much at times, but he's a damn good blitzer and he's athletic enough to get sideline to sideline....He's also a good open field tackler. I think he'd be an ideal fit next to Cushing.
I disagree with that as well.

I'd rather have a thumper playing next to Cushing.

But whatever everyone has their opinions. I don't like Minter..don't like Ogletree...Don't like Teo...

Edit: I would be ok with Kasheem Greene in the second. Would fit nicely as a two down LB. He's a better player than Minter and Ogletree IMO.
Old 04-26-2013   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

I think the Texans have to go pass rusher in this round. They need another pass rusher...I won't go into my thoughts on Merciless, but him and Reed aren't enough. Pass rusher is now the biggest need. ILB can be addressed in the 3rd or fourth....or even later....

Last edited by Rey; 04-26-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read