Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-17-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2013 NFL Draft

The 2013 NFL Draft 1st Round begins Thursday, April 25 at 8 p.m. ET,

2nd & 3rd Rounds on Friday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m. ET.

Rounds 4-7 will be held Saturday, April 27 at 12 p.m. ET.

Watch it live on NFL Network, or follow online at:

NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013

ESPN.com: http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

CBSSports.com: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft

Code:
1	Kansas City Chiefs	214	.516	
2	Jacksonville Jaguars	214	.539	
3	Oakland Raiders	        412	.469	
4	Philadelphia Eagles	412	.508	
5	Detroit Lions	        412	.566	
6	Cleveland Browns	511	.508	
7	Arizona Cardinals	511	.559	
8	Buffalo Bills	        610	.480	
9	New York Jets      	610	.512	
10	Tennessee Titans 	610	.512	
11	San Diego Chargers	79	.457	
12	Miami Dolphins	        79	.500	
13	Tampa Bay Buccaneers	79	.502	
14	Carolina Panthers	79	.516	
15	New Orleans Saints	79	.521	
16	St. Louis Rams	        781   .539	
17	Pittsburgh Steelers	88	.465	
18	Dallas Cowboys	        88	.523	
19	New York Giants	        97	.521	
20	Chicago Bears	        106	.512	
21	Cincinnati Bengals	106	.438	
22	St. Louis Rams 	        106	.494
23	Minnesota Vikings	106	.520
24	Indianapolis Colts	115	.441	
25	Minnesota Vikings 	115	.504	
26	Green Bay Packers	115	.508	
27	Houston Texans	        124	.496	
28	Denver Broncos	        133	.457	
29	New England Patriots	124	.496	
30	Atlanta Falcons	        133	.422	
31	San Francisco 49ers	1141	.504	
32	Baltimore Ravens	106	.496
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft

All apologies for premature topicifation, I had it in my withered dome that today was the draft.

Couldn't figure out why everyone wasn't all excited today.
Old 04-18-2013   #3
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

nfl.com has a countdown to the schedule release today, and it definitely mislead me into thinking the draft was tonight. Maybe you fell into the same trap?
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
nfl.com has a countdown to the schedule release today, and it definitely mislead me into thinking the draft was tonight. Maybe you fell into the same trap?
Yep, that helped. But I'm a mo-ron.
Old 04-18-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Please reveal your wonderlic test score, LoL! J/k
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #6
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 19109 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
All apologies for premature topicifation, I had it in my withered dome that today was the draft.

Couldn't figure out why everyone wasn't all excited today.
Well if it's any consolation your thread reminded me that the draft starts on the 25th at 8 p.m. So at least it helped in that fashion.
Old 04-20-2013   #7
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure miss those sat/sun drafts. Huge weekend parties. Thanks Goodell.
Old 04-22-2013   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN is not going to tweet out selections before they're announced by the commissioner this year. I'm glad, because that kind of ruined the suspense of the draft.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-nf...r_a2&eref=sihp

Quote:
Markman has told all ESPN NFL staffers not to tweet out selections prior to the announcement of the Commissioner for the first round. The edict is likely to extend into the second round as well. "The majority of the people we have heard from say they prefer not to be told in advance," he said. "Is this a perfect scenario on Twitter? No. But I can only go by the majority of what we heard and I think we are making the right decision. We could get beat on some stories but I'd rather get beat on a couple of draft picks on Thursday night than anger the majority of the fan base. We'll definitely do that for the first round and into the second round. After that, I don't think people tweet out picks by pick, anyway."

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

So I'm going to have to wait all the way through the inevitable Texans pick commercial break to see who we draft? Bummer...
Old 04-22-2013   #10
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I sure miss those sat/sun drafts. Huge weekend parties. Thanks Goodell.
Agreed. With my work schedule, I may miss a bit of the first round and will almost assuredly miss part of the second. 7PM and 5:30 PM are tough for some of us to be home. I know its possible to stream it via computer but the internet connection is not great here. Plus the IT guy will probably email me and remind me not to use work resources for non-work reasons

Oh well.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry be happy Texans will trade out of first but you might miss our selections in second; try to be in front of tv by 6:30 or so Friday.
Old 04-22-2013   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Don't worry be happy Texans will trade out of first but you might miss our selections in second; try to be in front of tv by 6:30 or so Friday.
Hopefully Friday is worthy of using a vacation day?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I'm starting to get that feeling. I love the draft.
Old 04-22-2013   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Cooking a brisket and some baby backs thursday. I was thinking the same thing. Friday might be the best Texan draft day because they very well could trade back out of the 1st round. Oh well. Should be enough for both days anyway.
Old 04-22-2013   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Hopefully Friday is worthy of using a vacation day?
Yes sir! Even if we draft #27, I expect to see a lot of movement day two which will impact our picks. We should butter our bread Friday.
Old 04-22-2013   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If Geno Smith is there at 27, should the Texans take him? McShay and some other drafts have him falling to the bottom of the 1st or out of it.
Old 04-23-2013   #17
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
So I'm going to have to wait all the way through the inevitable Texans pick commercial break to see who we draft? Bummer...
You can bet on it.
Old 04-25-2013   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones ... had an opportunity to get a little more in-depth with how the Cowboys are approaching the first round of Thursday’s NFL Draft, including the chances of trading out of the No. 18 spot.

“I don’t think we’ll know that until we see who’s there,” Jones told The Blitz on KZDC-AM 1250 in San Antonio. “I do think it’s very possible that we could [trade] out of that pick depending on who’s there.

“It’s a very unique draft. In the 22 years I’ve been in the league, I don’t think I have ever seen a draft where it lacks the high-powered guys up at the top.”
“I think there’s as good a chance that we move out of the pick [as there is] that we stay with it.”
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...at-no-18.html/

Quote:
ALAMEDA -- "Oakland Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie is a true old-school evaluator, where he wants a football player first and an athlete second, and I think Mr. Davis was a little bit the opposite," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "He wanted the athlete first and thought he could mold him into a football player."
http://www.contracostatimes.com/raid...ment-character

Steelers reassessing character issues during NFL Draft
Quote:
In an effort to remedy possible flawed evaluations, the organization focused more on having discussions with the families of draft-eligible players to better assess their character.

“We actually tried to be a little more proactive in trying to meet families,” Colbert said. “It is something that Coach Tomlin started three years ago. After we draft players, we start to bring their families in to get to know the kids that we drafted.”
Ignoring quarterbacks in draft leaves Bills imperfect
Quote:
Buffalo Bills General Manager Buddy Nix is fond of saying he’d draft a quarterback every year if he could. It hasn’t worked out that way, of course. The team has selected just one – Levi Brown in the seventh round in 2010 – during Nix’s three years running the draft.

That’s nothing new for the franchise. Instead, it’s the continuation of a troubling trend – one that dates to Jan. 31, 1997, A.K.

After Kelly.

Since the greatest passer in franchise history retired on that date, there have been 191 quarterbacks drafted into the NFL. The Bills have taken just three of those. Only the Dallas Cowboys, who have taken two, have drafted fewer quarterbacks over that time...
Old 04-25-2013   #19
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so ready!
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 27s
Quote:
I just spoke with Bills & they said they will draft EVERYONE if you don't trade up for their pick. They are mad, guys. I think they mean it

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read