Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Round 1

Please God, if you're there, keep Manti Teo and Menelik Watson away from the Texans tonight.

Please God, if you're there, keep Manti Teo and Menelik Watson away from the Texans tonight.

Please God lock Gary Kubiak in a closet until the draft is over with. Let folks who know what they're doing make these picks.

Anyone else nervous? This is like Christmas in April without the bills, only you don't get to pick your present and you have to keep it.

Please God lock Gary Kubiak in a closet until the draft is over with. Let folks who know what they're doing make these picks.

Anyone else nervous? This is like Christmas in April without the bills, only you don't get to pick your present and you have to keep it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbrzQMbTYZM

Indiana-Jones.JPG

2007, and 2008 sucked other than Duane Brown, and last year was a disappointment as well.

Check your history book. Those were the first two drafts Rick Smith was here. You have some crystal ball on who was responsible for what? The one time we know Kubiak was calling the shots was 2006 (Casserly gets the OD pick - Kubiak gave him credit for that one).

I think it is a mixture of opinions we will never know and your quip was silly.

2007, and 2008 sucked other than Duane Brown, and last year was a disappointment as well.

2007 and 2008 were Smith's first seasons as a GM drafting. He's gotten steadily better.

And I don't think last year was that bad. Give those players a couple of years, at least.

I either want one or the other, Trade up and get Star or Richardson. Or trade down and get another pick in the top 100. If we stay put we should get a good player. Man I'm ready for this to start. :fans:

I cant remember which mock but someone had us trading down to an early 2nd round pick and getting DeAndre Hopkins and Kevin Minter both in the second.

That would be awesome.

I think we trade back and get some more picks in 2nd and 3rd round......teams will be moving up trying to get qbs in lower 1st round.....thats my thinking......

Mayock's final mock draft...he had us taking WR Justin Hunter from University of Tennessee.

6'4" but has questionable hands, tends to be soft over the middle, but Mayock thinks he can be mentored by Andre Johnson and become a playmaker for the Texans.

VIDEO HERE. I don't care for the video's background music (NSFW) and the real highlights don't begin until the :45 mark. Typical overproduced highlight video.

1:46 he makes a nice catch in the EZ between two defenders, great timing on the jump.

2:31 he puts a beastly move on a CB. Simply brilliant.

Overall, not a bad prospect if it does end up like Mayock predicts.

My bet is the Texans trade out of the 1st round for a high #2 and an extra 3rd. We'll see. It's a LONG ways away from our pick anyway. I'm thinking of starting up a game of Empire Earth or something during the wait.

My bet is the Texans trade out of the 1st round for a high #2 and an extra 3rd.

That would be awesome. I'm hoping that happens. Smith loves to trade back.

But you've got to find a partner. So I'm not betting on it.

And I'm working until this starts. :(

If Hayden is on board at 27 I would take him. I think he is going to be another Revis.

I'd be 100% OK with that selection.

He has reaction skills and closing speed, and plays the ball. J-JO isn't going to last forever.

I expect Hayden to be gone between pick 10 and 25, though.

Interview he just gave on t.v.

Talk he might go 3rd.

I saw an interview earlier with Patterson. Count me out too.

They asked him what he told teams when they asked him about going the JUCO route. His response was something to the effect of, "you know, they be asking me, and I be telling them that it ain't my fault."

JUCO for a highly recruited player means it is precisely his fault, lol.

I actually don't want a WR in the first round. This is one of the deepest WR draft's I've seen during my brief tenure of watching the NFL draft. I'd rather us address another area on the team in the first (I'd actually rather trade out of the first entirely)

I think we trade back and get some more picks in 2nd and 3rd round......teams will be moving up trying to get qbs in lower 1st round.....thats my thinking......

It all depends on prospects left on boards but, it will be nice to obtain an extra pick say 3rd rd if there's a trading partner.

I hope we don't draft a defensive player until the 4th. I want Gary to put the pedal to the metal & keep it there.

Don't think he makes it to 27, both MN and Chi are looking at him.
Vikings GM Chris Spielman will take Teo. No doubt in my mind.

I saw an interview earlier with Patterson. Count me out too.

They asked him what he told teams when they asked him about going the JUCO route. His response was something to the effect of, "you know, they be asking me, and I be telling them that it ain't my fault."

JUCO for a highly recruited player means it is precisely his fault, lol.
That's why you wouldn't take a player? Because he uses improper grammar? Really?

That's why you wouldn't take a player? Because he uses improper grammar? Really?

No, it's a red flag for me when a guy just still clearly doesn't understand his situation or has clearly not taken responsibility for an obvious mistake at all. It would be one thing if he had given a BS rehearsed answer like, "it wasn't my preferred route but I worked hard and grew through it." Instead he says he told them that it wasn't his fault. Going JUCO is not a big deal, he should be well read on how to respond to that question. The guy is also known for being an undisciplined route runner. Lots of "stay away" signs for me.

The improper grammar just makes it sound that much worse.

I can't believe they brought so many guys to the draft, some of these guys Reid and Watson, could still be in the green room at the end of the night.

Back