Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans. Noon. 11/4. **Official GameDay Thread**

Welcome back, Mario.

Quote:
Though no one has run the ball more often than the AFC-leading Houston Texans, coach Gary Kubiak is looking for better production from his backfield.

Houston should be able to find plenty of running room Sunday against the league's worst rush defense.

With both teams coming off byes, the Texans will surely look to get their ground game going against the Buffalo Bills, who are hoping to receive a big boost from a now-healthy Mario Williams in his first trip back to Houston.

The Texans have compiled a 6-1 record behind an NFL-leading 35.4 rushing attempts per game, and they average 140.9 yards to rank sixth in the league. Houston, however, has managed just 4.0 yards per carry - a number Kubiak is hoping to see rise.

A more efficient effort from Arian Foster could go a long way. The 2010 rushing champion is averaging a league-high 24.0 carries but ranks 28th with 3.9 yards per attempt.

"You try to look at the big picture and say our yards per carry is still not good enough," Kubiak said. "We need some more big plays ... we've got to find (Foster) some more space and some big plays. If we do that, all that takes a couple big plays and your average goes up."

A matchup against the Bills (3-4) could help the Texans do just that. Buffalo is surrendering an NFL-high 176.9 rushing yards per game and expects to see a heavy dose of Foster come Sunday.

"There's no doubt in my mind that they're going to come out and try to establish the run," defensive end Chris Kelsay said. "Running backs look at playing us as an opportunity. It's our job as a defense to nip that in the bud right now. And that's our focus."

More picks: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem...me-day-morning

Quote:
What I want to see:

Don't let Mr. Williams get get rolling

We know sacks come in bunches. So with that said; chip him, double him and run to his side. Do all things possible to frustrate him. He'll want to make us look bad for letting him go. Don't let that happen.

Pound that rock

After a bye/open week, teams sometimes come out rusty/flat. One of the easier things to do as an offense is to run the football. No Tate, but Foster and Forsett need to eat this week. Destroy the Bills in the trenches.

Keep Spiller and Jackson from getting loose

Run defense needs to be on its best behavior this week. CJ and Freddy J can make it tough on your defense. Stuff the run, and make them throw. The offense being on point helps the run D, as well. Getting a lead changes Buffalo's plan.

The short pass game to Dre; keep that up

A lot of folks might think we need to use Andre Johnson on deep balls, but one thing I have noticed; 80 has had some healthy reception numbers the last few games. Not saying I want a ton of throws this week, but 5-6 catches for Dre works.

Well, ladies and gents...TEXANS ARE BACK! It's been a little while, but now comes the important part of the season. Nothing, as you all know, will change. 1-0 this week! That's the goal every week. Be loud, folks, where ever you are. Time to keep that winning feeling going with a big W this week. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!
Old 11-04-2012   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans. Noon. 11/4. **Official GameDay Thread**

I'll be working during the 4th quarter. doot
Old 11-04-2012   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans. Noon. 11/4. **Official GameDay Thread**

I can't come up with a plausible scenario where Buffalo can even keep this game close. Much less win. This should be a shellacking. The Texans set a franchise single game scoring record against the Ravens in week 7. That could easily fall today. I'd like to see the bench emptied by the 4th quarter, with Schaub, AJ, and Arian padless on the sideline.
Old 11-04-2012   #4
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Truck is loaded check, piniatta check piniatta poll check piniatta knoose check, bat named Swatt check tickets check parking pass check

It is Game Day Houston, Texas. Get your grills packed get you Bulls stirred up its a Buffalo massacre. This better make the indians look like kindergarten Lets Go Texans

Game day
Old 11-04-2012   #5
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I can't come up with a plausible scenario where Buffalo can even keep this game close. Much less win. This should be a shellacking. The Texans set a franchise single game scoring record against the Ravens in week 7. That could easily fall today. I'd like to see the bench emptied by the 4th quarter, with Schaub, AJ, and Arian padless on the sideline.
I agree Lucky, I can't see the Texans losing this game at all. Arian may have 200+ game. But like you mentioned, I rather see our starters be able to rest by the 4th qtr.

Let's go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Packing up to head to the stadium. I would love to see the defense wreck today.

Old 11-04-2012   #7
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Having to wait through a bye week and a time change"...ugh!

Judgement day? Hey Mario, we updated our Terminator.

Roof Report: Closed

Announcers: Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts

Denver @ Cincinnati
Buffalo @ Houston
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Miami @ Indianapolis
NO GAME due to NFL rules

Referee: Bill Vinovich (with Ron Winter‘s crew)

Flip Card

The Texans
• Can move their regular-season record at Reliant Stadium above .500 (43-42) with a win.
• Can extend their current team record by making a field goal for the 18th consecutive game

RB Arian Foster
• Can record his 20th career 100-yard game, his 13th career 100-yard game at Reliant Stadium and his first 100-yard game at home this season.

WR Andre Johnson
• Needs 106 receiving yards to pass Andre Rison (10,205) for 34th on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list.

DE J.J. Watt
• Can become the 11th player since sacks became an official stat in 1982 to record 10 or more sacks and 10 or more passes defensed in a season. It has happened 11 times in the last 20 years overall.
Old 11-04-2012   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking forward to a through ass kicking of the Bills.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gettin ready to head out!! My favorite "gameday" is Military Day, and I can't wait!

See ya all soon!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #10
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably inactive today: Donnie Jones
Old 11-04-2012   #11
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Thought the game was only an hour away when i checked my room clock. then my phone reminded me .
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

hell yeah so excited, about to leave work and head home. Cant wait for the game to start.
Old 11-04-2012   #13
Ruinondd
Veteran

Rep Power: 1261 Ruinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Thought the game was only an hour away when i checked my room clock. then my phone reminded me .
Same Swear I Always forget about DST. Just an hr and a half till kickoff.
Let's kick some *** Texans!
Ruinondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #14
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Texans inactives: CB Carmichael, CB Harris, RB Tate, T Gardner, G White, G Brooks, NT McClain

Bills inactives: K Potter, QB Jackson, CB McGee, SS Howell, OLB Morrison, T Pears, DE Anderson
Old 11-04-2012   #15
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets come out Healthy and whoop some Ass.
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #16
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Judegment Day!

DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #18
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Just heard on the radio Buff D coach said they dont plan to blitz. "We will live or die by our front four"
Old 11-04-2012   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Just heard on the radio Buff D coach said they dont plan to blitz. "We will live or die by our front four"
Either he's bull****ting and scheming, trying to plant false information....

Or he is crazy. Their front four won't beat our front five. Not for an entire game. Not even for 25% of the snaps.

I call bull**** on that coach. And even if they do blitz, I don't see it working.
Old 11-04-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is the whole stadium wearing pink? I thought that was just for October?

Oh wait. The pink, today, is in honor of Mario Williams! LMAO!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read