Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-23-2013   #61
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre is asking for a #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
That's why I like Marquis Goodwin from UT, and not because I'm a UT fan. I see world class speed and I see a guy who can contribute right away.
Too small/undersized to be anything other than a slot receiver IMHO, and we're not looking for slot receivers right now. Great track speed, sure, but that won't necessarily translate to being a good wideout.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #62
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not really that excited about any receivers coming out this year. I also kind of think the Texans may trade down to get more picks so, that's gonna suck if it happens for people showing up for the draft party.

Also, no point in bitching about Schuab....he is starting what a 4 year contract this season so you know he is here for min. of 2 years and no QB's in the draft nor free agents really excite me.

Plus you know, Kubes loves those draws on critical downs anyway it seems so we should just re-sign KW as he is a great blocker for that 3rd and 6 Kubiak is not going to throw on.... :/

fap fap fap

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #63
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Dre is asking for a #2 WR

Its about time they did pick a wide reciever with first pick...hell...they should have done it years ago.
Its way overdue.
They need to use their top 2 of their top 3 picks for wide receiver.
Posey may not make it back ever......you dont know the extent of that injury.........

Dre deserves this....give the man what he wants......
Dre is not going to around forever.....He is the master and he needs a apprentice (star wars reference)

If we dont do this.....we will regret it. Get it done Rick Smith, Kubiak....

Wade got his picks the last two years....

Now its time to retool the offense.....

Get ur done.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #64
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Its about time they did pick a wide reciever with first pick...hell...they should have done it years ago.
Its way overdue.
They need to use their top 2 of their top 3 picks for wide receiver.
Yeah, lets just use the 1st round pick on a WR whether there is a WR that deserves that pick or not. Heck, lets just pick a WR with every pick this year. Pay no attention to any of our other needs, and that even if we had AJ, Megatron, and Fitz, we still have an average QB at best who would struggle getting them the ball.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #65
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
He got two of them last year, and he got his safety buddy from the U this year.
That's enough.
His safety buddy isn't going to help when he gets double coverage everytime he is on the field. I like Justin Hunter WR from Tennessee and he might be around in the second round. If not him I like Terrance Williams WR from Baylor. Both of these guys should still be around in the second round. If Cordelle Patterson from Tennessee is still around in the fourth or fifth I would take him too even though he is kind of raw.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #66
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet a lot of folks don't like the idea, but I say trade our first rounder to a crummy team for future draft picks.

The only way you can get a replacement for A J is by packaging some picks to move up next year to grab a bona fide number one receiver (there will be at least 3 candidates.)

Use the second or third round pick on a number two and another position of choice.

Use a mid to late round pick (4th rounder probably) on a plodding two-down NT to rotate with Mitchell.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #67
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I bet a lot of folks don't like the idea, but I say trade our first rounder to a crummy team for future draft picks.

The only way you can get a replacement for A J is by packaging some picks to move up next year to grab a bona fide number one receiver (there will be at least 3 candidates.)

Use the second or third round pick on a number two and another position of choice.

Use a mid to late round pick (4th rounder probably) on a plodding two-down NT to rotate with Mitchell.
I'd rather move up for an eventual Schaub replacement rather than a WR.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2013   #68
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
breaking news: nfl qbs are get big money. schaub's contract is pretty average compared to a lot of the qb deals being done. brees and flacco's contracts average ~20m per yr, schaubs is only 13m and has nowhere near the same garunteed money. the Texans can get out of the contract relatively cheaply after this year if he doesn't play better than he did last yr

so sorry that contract is not the huge backbreaker you're making it out to be.. so there goes the one piece of ammo you came back with. feel free to mention all the teasm that have better drafts and fa than the Texans. I wont be holding my breath as I can think of only about 3 teams that have matched the Texans performance over the last few yrs. there's a reason the Texans are widely regarded as having one of the most talented rosters in the lg {Qoute ////}

1. You do know that Schaubs contract spead the bonus $$$ out at 3.5 mil per yr until 2016. So even if Schaub plays this yr and Rick cuts him, the Texans will still be on the hook for 10.5 mil in bonus $$$$ and still need to re-sign Cushing and Watt the next 2 yrs. Seems like a pretty stupid way to set up a contract if you ask me. You should do a little research before you start believing everything you read in the media. Check out Spotrac.com to see the reported figures on Schaub's contract.

49ers/Seahawks/Packers/Atlanta and debateable Steelers/Ravens/Bengals/Colts

All of these teams except the Steelers have set themselves up to be in better cap situations than the Texans.

Over the last 3 drafts can you tell me how many true impact players Rick/Gary/Wade have selected?

a load of reasons- bad matchups v elite qbs, critical injuries, playing too much man coverage etc etc. nothing that really has anything to do with the point we're discussing Texans recent excellent drafts and FA acq's
Excuses, and you still haven't addressed that fact that after all of these yrs Rick/Gary still haven't been able to find a suitable WR2?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #69
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'd rather move up for an eventual Schaub replacement rather than a WR.
Make your choice then; ie. next year.
You will need to move up to do either.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #70
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Dre is asking for a #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Yeah, lets just use the 1st round pick on a WR whether there is a WR that deserves that pick or not. Heck, lets just pick a WR with every pick this year. Pay no attention to any of our other needs, and that even if we had AJ, Megatron, and Fitz, we still have an average QB at best who would struggle getting them the ball.
It is a need....just saying they need to address it this year...it is more glaring need than in the past....but we should have addressed it years ago in my opinion but we keep putting it off.

I was expecting Lestar Jean to do something and Martin too....and then there was Jacoby Jones and we know what happened there.

I can understand we have other needs as well....but when Dre says something....people listen.......and fans too......just saying.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #71
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

1. You do know that Schaubs contract spead the bonus $$$ out at 3.5 mil per yr until 2016. So even if Schaub plays this yr and Rick cuts him, the Texans will still be on the hook for 10.5 mil in bonus $$$$ and still need to re-sign Cushing and Watt the next 2 yrs. Seems like a pretty stupid way to set up a contract if you ask me. You should do a little research before you start believing everything you read in the media. Check out Spotrac.com to see the reported figures on Schaub's contract.

49ers/Seahawks/Packers/Atlanta and debateable Steelers/Ravens/Bengals/Colts

All of these teams except the Steelers have set themselves up to be in better cap situations than the Texans.

Over the last 3 drafts can you tell me how many true impact players Rick/Gary/Wade have selected?

Excuses, and you still haven't addressed that fact that after all of these yrs Rick/Gary still haven't been able to find a suitable WR2?
this is my last post because frankly im not finding this all that stimulating but for education purposes:

-I know cap numbers. IF you were as knowledgeable as you're letting on you'd know 10.5m means hes cuttable/tradeable if we find somebody better esp considering we'd save at least 4m on his cap hit (more if a june 1st designation) & his replacement is likely to have a relatively tiny rookie contract. compare that to other recent contracts like flacco (who schaubs level of play was comparable to before his injury and subsequent swoon). if flacco suffers a fall in performance and ravens have to cut/trade him 2 yrs into his new contract, the cap hit would be nearly double that

-even accepting the teams you've listed as having done as good/better a job over the last few yrs as the Texans (and I don't. in fact I think its downright laughable to compare the steelers, ravens and colts to what the Texans have done. seriously go back and compare) its arguable that they're somewhere in the top 5-7 teams in the lg. the only reason those teams are in better cap shape is that they've found the holy grail in nfl terms- a high performing qb on a rookie contract (sea, sf, colts & even the bengals) or they've had to recently purge themselves of their rosters and start over (colts, ravens). plus Atlanta & GB are in a similar situation as the Texans & are going to be giving out massive qb contracts shortly

-why a random number like three yrs? esp considering it takes a few yrs for players to establish their true level of play. but anyway just to satisfy your nonsensical criteria: how about Justin james watt- big guy, 6'5, nfl dpoty, blond hair, arguably single greatest season by a d-lineman ever, from wisconson. they took him the only time they came close to having a top 10 pick (you know.... where a team is most likely to find an impact player).

ive a better question though look at the picks the Texans have made, since rick smith was a dumbass and didn't take impact players like Andrew luck, cam newton etc go back and look at their picks and try to find better picks they should've made. its pretty hard... there's usually busts and underachievers littered above and below the Texans pick yet the Texans always seem to end up with a good/great player (2007 obviously was the exception). that tells me that they must be doing something right

I think you'll find I did address that fact- they found kevin walter who was basically an untried unknown when he got here and who was an adequate #2 wr for a good portion of his time here They had lukewarm patches of success from jacoby. I think you'll also find I addressed the 'perfect team' complex some fans like yourself have and noted that many team have spent much draft resources on positions and are still looking for answers at the positions eg belichick- cb's & wrs
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #72
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
this is my last post because frankly im not finding this all that stimulating but for education purposes:

-I know cap numbers. IF you were as knowledgeable as you're letting on you'd know 10.5m means hes cuttable/tradeable if we find somebody better esp considering we'd save at least 4m on his cap hit (more if a june 1st designation) & his replacement is likely to have a relatively tiny rookie contract. compare that to other recent contracts like flacco (who schaubs level of play was comparable to before his injury and subsequent swoon). if flacco suffers a fall in performance and ravens have to cut/trade him 2 yrs into his new contract, the cap hit would be nearly double that

-even accepting the teams you've listed as having done as good/better a job over the last few yrs as the Texans (and I don't. in fact I think its downright laughable to compare the steelers, ravens and colts to what the Texans have done. seriously go back and compare) its arguable that they're somewhere in the top 5-7 teams in the lg. the only reason those teams are in better cap shape is that they've found the holy grail in nfl terms- a high performing qb on a rookie contract (sea, sf, colts & even the bengals) or they've had to recently purge themselves of their rosters and start over (colts, ravens). plus Atlanta & GB are in a similar situation as the Texans & are going to be giving out massive qb contracts shortly

-why a random number like three yrs? esp considering it takes a few yrs for players to establish their true level of play. but anyway just to satisfy your nonsensical criteria: how about Justin james watt- big guy, 6'5, nfl dpoty, blond hair, arguably single greatest season by a d-lineman ever, from wisconson. they took him the only time they came close to having a top 10 pick (you know.... where a team is most likely to find an impact player).

ive a better question though look at the picks the Texans have made, since rick smith was a dumbass and didn't take impact players like Andrew luck, cam newton etc go back and look at their picks and try to find better picks they should've made. its pretty hard... there's usually busts and underachievers littered above and below the Texans pick yet the Texans always seem to end up with a good/great player (2007 obviously was the exception). that tells me that they must be doing something right

I think you'll find I did address that fact- they found kevin walter who was basically an untried unknown when he got here and who was an adequate #2 wr for a good portion of his time here They had lukewarm patches of success from jacoby. I think you'll also find I addressed the 'perfect team' complex some fans like yourself have and noted that many team have spent much draft resources on positions and are still looking for answers at the positions eg belichick- cb's & wrs

Schaub = wasted $$$$ on damaged goods and they should've waited kinda like the Ravens did with Flacco.

Isn't Flacco on the books for alot of $$$$ but they still have plenty of cap room. The Seahawks signed Flynn to a nice sized contract and the 49ers had the huge #1 Alex Smith contract. I believe that Rodgers sign a fairly big contract and in will be getting a another huge contract soon. They also saved the $$$$ to reup Clay Matthews.

Watt is a HOF player no doubt, name another impact player at any position other than Cushing in any of Ricks drafts? Brown was Gibbs handpicked guy. With that said I look for GM's that can draft true impact players outside of the 1st rd and hit on their 1st rd draft picks more than every 2 or 3 yrs. Maybe I expect too much or maybe your expectations are too low. Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I dont feel like going back and doing mental gymastics, but the names Willis/Revis/Matthews (Who I wanted over Cushing) McCourty etc..... I would've picked Stephen Hill (I went back and forth on hill before last yrs draft.) over Mercilus for example and drafted a pass rusher like Vinny Curry in rd 2. They gambled on trading down and taking Posey and came up snake eyes. I really dont blame Rick for this but Posey has/had nowhere near the upside that Hill has. See I can admit that I'm not perfect.

Even though Walter is/was Gary's boy that still doesn't make him an acceptable WR2. IMHO and it also must be the opinion of BoB/AJ.

Lets just say we've got different visions of what the Texans should/could be and move on. Sorry if I'm a win at all costs guy. That's why they keep score. IMHO

I also dont think Rick/Gary/Wade have done a terrible job. Especially since Wade has helped Rick with the defensive picks. But they aren't in the upper echelon of FO's in the NFL. IMHO
Old 04-23-2013   #73
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thread derailed by Schaub debate. Go figure....
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #74
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

our fist pick .....I would like to ..trade back and get two number 2 picks ....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #75
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Didn't mean to derail the thread. I want a WR2 in the 2nd rd. Who do you like?

My favorites
1. Rodgers
2. Hunter
3. Swope
4. Dobson
Old 04-24-2013   #76
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My favorites
1. Rodgers
2. Hunter
3. Swope
4. Dobson
To be honest I actually like Robert Woods where we pick. The USC receiver curse does kind of scare me some, but this guy was a preseason Heisman candidate before injuries and Lee happened to him his senior year. I don't know if there's a more polished receiver in the group in my opinion. He would be able to come in and contribute day 1 coming from that pro style system.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #77
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My favorites
1. Rodgers
2. Hunter
3. Swope
4. Dobson
My favorites
1st round
1.DeAndre Hopkins
2. Keenan Allen if he is there when we pick
Other than that get Kevin Minter ILB, LSU

2nd round
1. Robert Woods
2. Quinton Patton
3. Terrance Williams
4. DaRick Rogers
5. Justin Hunter
revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #78
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Not really. When considering using a high pick on a WR, you have to be sure what you have at QB. No use purchasing that nice shiny new goose-neck trailer, if the only vehicle you have is a Vespa.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #79
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Not really. When considering using a high pick on a WR, you have to be sure what you have at QB. No use purchasing that nice shiny new goose-neck trailer, if the only vehicle you have is a Vespa.
AJ's performance with Schaub shows that is not an issue which needs to be brought up every time WR's are discussed.
Old 04-24-2013   #80
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 25813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My favorites
1. Rodgers
2. Hunter
3. Swope
4. Dobson
Da'Rick Rogers by far, because I Do think he's a day-1 contributor. You get that kid around AJ and things start falling into place on and off the field very quickly.

I don't see Terrance Williams on your list, but I'd take him over Hunter and Swopes. Don't think too much of Dobson.

Derail away! I mean, hell, the draft is almost here, and us draftnicks have to hook our way in any way we can.
EVOLVIST is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read