Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-24-2013   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Annual DCFFL participant Mock on KFFL

I have been the Texans representative in this participant mock draft for what has to now be approaching ten years. It is 7 rounder with limited trading. At the end we also have a two day free agency signing period.
This year was probably the lightest trading year I remember, although I completed one where I took the Texans original 6th and turned into two 7ths. My goal belief is that Texans biggest weakness in any inability to make plays that outside of the the scheme dictates. My draft reflects this.

For cherry Picking and other comments

http://forums.kffl.com/forums/77-DCFFL

1st round (27) - Keenan Allen WR California-
2nd round (57) Magnus Hunt DE SMU
3rd round (89) Vance Mc Donald TE rice
3rd round (95) Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
4th round (124) Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon
5th round (160) Ty Powell OLB Harding
6th round (201) Earl Wolfe S North Carolina State
7th round (226) Zach Line FB SMU
7th round (233) Jared Smith DT New Hampshire
7th round (235) Onterrio McCalebb KR/RB Auburn
Free Agent
Houston Texans

Brandon Hepburn LB FAMU
Colby Cameron QB La Tech
Greg Reid CB Valdosta State
AJ Francis DT Maryland
Zack Rodgers WR Tennessee
George Winn RB Cincinnati
Jeff Nady OT Nevada
Arby Jones NT Georgia
Rontez Miles FS California PA
Chris Jacobson OG Pittsburgh

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/30424...#ixzz2RP6yS5BX
Old 04-24-2013   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Annual DCFFL particant Mock on KFFL

Looks great to me.

I don't know anything about Howell or Smith, but I like the guys I recognize. Even your UDFAs are interesting. Greg Reid could certainly compete for a punt and kick return job on this team. AJ Francis was a solid 3-4 type of DE at Maryland. Rodgers is supposed to be a nice sleeper.

The only unrealistic pick I see is Hunt with our second rounder, but who knows where these guys will actually go.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ty Powell is an athletic guy with some small school production.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...0193/ty-powell
Old 04-24-2013   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Jared Smith iis that undersized NT that the Texans seem to like

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...00/jared-smith
Old 04-24-2013   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

This looks like one of the better Mocks I've seen and would be pretty happy if it fell this way, but there are 2 issues I see with it. First, I don't see how Hunt falls all the way to #57 or Wolff falls to the 6th. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I just don't see it happening. Secondly, I don't know enough about Jared Smith to make him the DT behind Mitchell. He could be OK, but I just don't have enough info on him. The 2 DT's I think fit the Wade Phillips kind of player are; Jordan Hill (6'1" 303 lbs) and Bennie Logan (6'2" 309 lbs). Why? Because they are both quick and can penetrate, and both play with a "high motor." If this is what Smith does to, then I could see him being on Wade's radar. Just don't know if they wait that long to get a DT.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you hit a homerun dude. Nice job!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dig it. Nice job.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2013   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
This looks like one of the better Mocks I've seen and would be pretty happy if it fell this way, but there are 2 issues I see with it. First, I don't see how Hunt falls all the way to #57 or Wolff falls to the 6th. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I just don't see it happening. Secondly, I don't know enough about Jared Smith to make him the DT behind Mitchell. He could be OK, but I just don't have enough info on him. The 2 DT's I think fit the Wade Phillips kind of player are; Jordan Hill (6'1" 303 lbs) and Bennie Logan (6'2" 309 lbs). Why? Because they are both quick and can penetrate, and both play with a "high motor." If this is what Smith does to, then I could see him being on Wade's radar. Just don't know if they wait that long to get a DT.
Whatever the internet equal to running to the podium is what happened when hunt dropped. Having a hardread on wolfe. I have seen him as a third to udfa.
Old 04-24-2013   #9
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Love it. I've seen Kiko and Wolff going in the first 3 rounds recently though.
Old 04-24-2013   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Default Re: Annual DCFFL participant Mock on KFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I think you hit a homerun dude. Nice job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I dig it. Nice job.

thanks for the kind comments from all you guys
Old 04-24-2013   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
missed this in the last post..thanks also.
Old 04-24-2013   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it .... would be a solid draft.

Only complaint is no help on the OL .... I think they need to take a RT somewhere in the first 4 rounds. Newton scares the crap outa me - injured and largely ineffective last year as a run blocker.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I have been the Texans representative in this participant mock draft for what has to now be approaching ten years. It is 7 rounder with limited trading. At the end we also have a two day free agency signing period.
This year was probably the lightest trading year I remember, although I completed one where I took the Texans original 6th and turned into two 7ths. My goal belief is that Texans biggest weakness in any inability to make plays that outside of the the scheme dictates. My draft reflects this.

For cherry Picking and other comments

http://forums.kffl.com/forums/77-DCFFL

1st round (27) - Keenan Allen WR California-
2nd round (57) Magnus Hunt DE SMU
3rd round (89) Vance Mc Donald TE rice
3rd round (95) Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
4th round (124) Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon
5th round (160) Ty Powell OLB Harding
6th round (201) Earl Wolfe S North Carolina State
7th round (226) Zach Line FB SMU
7th round (233) Jared Smith DT New Hampshire
7th round (235) Onterrio McCalebb KR/RB Auburn
Free Agent
Houston Texans

Brandon Hepburn LB FAMU
Colby Cameron QB La Tech
Greg Reid CB Valdosta State
AJ Francis DT Maryland
Zack Rodgers WR Tennessee
George Winn RB Cincinnati
Jeff Nady OT Nevada
Arby Jones NT Georgia
Rontez Miles FS California PA
Chris Jacobson OG Pittsburgh

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/30424...#ixzz2RP6yS5BX
That would be an AMAZING haul. Super Bowl here we come. I'm serious.
Old 04-24-2013   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I really really really want one of the top NT's in this draft but if we don't get one it wouldn't be the end of the world. There are some really good fits still available in FA.
Old 04-24-2013   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Who was your 2nd choice behind Allen? Did you consider his (and Alonso's) character issues?
Old 04-25-2013   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Who was your 2nd choice behind Allen? Did you consider his (and Alonso's) character issues?
I appraoched more from what I would do versus trying to guess what the Texans would do. Both allen & Kiko seems to be physcially what the Texans like but Kiko especially might not even be a consideration for them.

Hopkins and Hunter were the WRs that I considered and Hopkins was a really close 2nd (who I would have taken). I also, thought about S. Williams and Short as DTs and Arthur Brown at LB.
Old 04-25-2013   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Hopkins and Hunter were the WRs that I considered and Hopkins was a really close 2nd (who I would have taken). I also, thought about S. Williams and Short as DTs and Arthur Brown at LB.
I think the pick comes down to one of 3 WRs (Hopkins, Hunter, Woods). I think Allen's red flags take him off the Texans board. And I still think Patterson goes before #27. The DTs you mentioned are perfect fits for the Texans. Brown would seem to give the Texans what they need at ILB, but he looks so small I have to wonder if 4-3 Will is his NFL position.
Old 04-25-2013   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Quote:
I think the pick comes down to one of 3 WRs (Hopkins, Hunter, Woods). I think Allen's red flags take him off the Texans board. And I still think Patterson goes before #27. The DTs you mentioned are perfect fits for the Texans. Brown would seem to give the Texans what they need at ILB, but he looks so small I have to wonder if 4-3 Will is his NFL position.
good read on the real life situation.
Old 04-25-2013   #19
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Quote:
good read on the real life situation.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read