Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-12-2013   #1
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Vince Young signs with Packers

Quote:
Over the years, I’ve had to train myself to naturally dismiss about 80 percent of the crazy stuff that is either emailed or called in on the radio shows. Not saying there aren’t some good ideas, but it seems like every time a high-profile player is available – for whatever the reason – he gets linked to the Cowboys as a possible fit.

However, in the case of Vince Young, I think the Cowboys should strongly consider signing him.

For the Cowboys, it makes sense.

For Vince Young … it’d probably be the worst team he could sign with. However, he should be in the league and it sounds like he needs a job, so he’s not turning down anything. At this point, he couldn’t be picky and he wouldn’t be.

But let’s go back to the Cowboys’ part. They just tried to acquire Mike Kafka off waivers but he was awarded to Jacksonville. Obviously, they just showed they have a need for a third quarterback. Apparently Nick Stephens and Dalton Williams aren’t cutting it.

more at the link
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE make this happen!!
The circus in the locker room and the brawls between the fans vs VY fan boys would be EPIC! You could sell tickets through Ticketmaster with the entertainment value this would represent for all non-cowboy fans.

Mind you this is article is by a staff writer on the OFFICIAL Cowboys website, so it's not just wishful thinking by a VY fan boy (or maybe it is ).
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young to the Cowboys?

This would be hilarious. Also, Jerrah is the owner who would succumb to the idiotic masses chanting for VY every time Romo throws an int or incomplete pass.
Old 06-12-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If I was his agent I bet I could find a team to take him.

Of course I'd have to work for free as my cut off what he signs for probably wouldn't cover my travel fees.
Old 06-12-2013   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
However, he should be in the league...
The last of the VY fanboy brigade!
Old 06-14-2013   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The last of the VY fanboy brigade!
Not the last. I think he could be a viable third string/practice squad option for quite a few teams.
Old 06-15-2013   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Not the last. I think he could be a viable third string/practice squad option for quite a few teams.
You can knock out Practice Squad. And when you were referring to "third string," I take it that you were referring to sausage?

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 06-15-2013 at 01:31 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this will happen. But if it did, the sheer entertainment value of it would be priceless. I'd get an account on a Cowboys site just to ask them how they like their sausage.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2013   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't think this will happen. But if it did, the sheer entertainment value of it would be priceless. I'd get an account on a Cowboys site just to ask them how they like their sausage.
msr

I'd be listening to GaC (local Dallas ESPN radio show) every day to get their take on things. I'd be waiting for the inevitable implosion.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
And when you were referring to "third string," I take it that you were referring to sausage?

delightfully tacky, Doc...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young to try out for Packers

Quote:
The Packers currently have 28-year-old Graham Harrell and 24-year-old B.J. Coleman battling for the backup spot to Aaron Rodgers.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
Quote:
RT @JosinaAnderson: Breaking: Source: Vince Young will sign a 1-year deal with #Packers.
VY could get his ring, although losing LT Bulaga hurts the Pack.
Old 08-05-2013   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Packers.

Sounds like Vince Youngs kind ah team.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for VY. Hopefully he has or is on the way to getting his stuff together and can salvage some kind of career.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he'll play LT for them?

Before anyone starts it, VY is NOT elite. You can spell elite without VY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #15
Stemp
Brew Master

Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

AKA - the Return of the VY Fanboys!
Old 08-05-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
Quote:
RT @JosinaAnderson: Breaking: Source: Vince Young will sign a 1-year deal with #Packers.

You know, I was one of those guys who thought VY could make it as a QB in this league. I really thought he had the mental toughness to put up with the crap he was going to have to put up with & still excel at his craft.

I thought he got a raw deal in Tennessee. Doesn't matter if you agree or not, that's what I thought.

But I thought he would be redeemed in Philly.

But when Vick got hurt & they but that fool in the game, I was embarrassed. Seriously, I thought about how I could go back & delete all my posts on this board about that sucker.

Packers signed him. Chances are he's going to be playing this preseason with guys way less talented than he is. He'll have an opportunity to prove he wasn't a joke.

But I won't be watching. I'll hear about it in the news one way or the other, but I'm leaning towards not.
Old 08-05-2013   #17
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
And the VY Haters

I thought irrational 2006 Draft hate had moved on from VY and Reggie and went squarely to Mario Williams.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean those guys that make up excuses for and see no wrong in their hero?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Old 08-05-2013   #20
Stemp
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You mean those guys that make up excuses for and see no wrong in their hero?
I assume you are referring to the Manziel thread. but if you read it without burnt orange shades, you'll see that while I lean to giving him the benefit of the doubt, I certainly don't got the length of the VY fanboys of defending him at all costs and relieve him of any responsibility whatsoever. These are the people whmo I've already seen post they hope Aaron Rogers gets injured.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read