Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-26-2013   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tyrann Mathieu schd to meet with Texans

Texan Takeover ‏@texantakeover 34m
Tyrann Mathieu scheduled to meet with the @HoustonTexans per @BoMarchionte

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 1m
#texanstalk. Reports say honey badger set to workout for #texans. Need a young safety in the draft. More to come

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 2m
Mathieu spent lot of time in rehab in Houston with John Lucas after LSU suspended him.

Last edited by srrono; 03-26-2013 at 09:03 AM.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tyrann Mathieu schd to meet with Texans

I like him as a safety. I don't like him at all as a corner...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

could wind up being the steal of the draft if he can make the transition and if he's truly got his head on straight...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

how many players have we drafted that we individually met with? i dont keep track of these things, but i cant remember a notable player that we followed up with and then went on to select in the draft.
Old 03-26-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What draft slot are you guys willing to risk on him?

He does have some skills.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

he was on NFLN recently, and has had several interviews, and i'm not sold that he's going to put in the work. a ton of talent, but i wouldnt spend more than a 5th on him. i expect his draft to be one extreme or the other ... someone is going to either grab him by the second round because of his talent, or he's going to fall to at least the 6th because nobody believes his commitment.
Old 03-26-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
how many players have we drafted that we individually met with? i dont keep track of these things, but i cant remember a notable player that we followed up with and then went on to select in the draft.
Last year, we worked out Bullock, Brooks, and Keenum.

Note: CB D.J. Hayden (U of H) is also schedule for a work-out with the Texans.
He has made progress from his near-fatal injury.
I like this guy quite a bit as a late round prospect.
Some think he can play on Sunday (even when he was just a Sophomore.)
Normally, he would have been drafted - my guess is in the mid round at least, but with his injury, there's no telling.
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2013   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
he was on NFLN recently, and has had several interviews, and i'm not sold that he's going to put in the work. a ton of talent, but i wouldnt spend more than a 5th on him. i expect his draft to be one extreme or the other ... someone is going to either grab him by the second round because of his talent, or he's going to fall to at least the 6th because nobody believes his commitment.
Sounds logical.
Old 03-26-2013   #9
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Last year, we worked out Bullock, Brooks, and Keenum.
i guess that's the answer to perception vs reality.

edit: msr
Old 03-26-2013   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be targeting dj swearinger in the third, but if he was gone before our pick I'd pick the honey badger with that compensatory third.

You need a good young playmaking/versatile safety. I'd roll the dice.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got talent, but he's so small I feel that he would be constantly injured as a safety.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #12
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i would really consider taking him with one of our 3rd rounders.
His way to talented, and considering the locker room we have with so many top notch leaders i think it would be the best environment for him to succeed
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'd be targeting dj swearinger in the third, but if he was gone before our pick I'd pick the honey badger with that compensatory third.

You need a good young playmaking/versatile safety. I'd roll the dice.
I've read that swearinger has been rocketing up draft boards to the late first early second.
Old 03-26-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I've read that swearinger has been rocketing up draft boards to the late first early second.
That high?

I like him, too, but I give him third round grade.
All in all, I don't like this draft class at the top.

I see a lot of third-seventh round guys.

Maybe I need to go back and re-grade them.

I'm not sure I've seen a guy that I like the same as Tavon Wilson who was drafted in the second by the Pats last year.

Last edited by 76Texan; 03-27-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

That is unless you convert some CBs to the position.
Old 03-26-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 278195 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Concerns are 90% about off the field issues. I'm not convinced that he addresses those or that being this close to "home" wouldn't be exacerbate the problems.

I do find him very intriguing as a fan to see how he fares at his size.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Dang, I read on the Pats MB that Hayden is considered 2nd-3rd round talent by some scouts.
Old 03-26-2013   #18
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dang, I read on the Pats MB that Hayden is considered 2nd-3rd round talent by some scouts.
Mayok has him as a first rounder. Number three CB overall.
Old 03-26-2013   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 278195 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's your take on him -- outside of the whole heart thing?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
What's your take on him -- outside of the whole heart thing?
Talented; needs to work on technique.
Tough, physical.
Good size and speed to play man.
I liked him the first time I saw him play.

I wouldn't put him in the first, more like a third with upside (without the medical condition).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read