Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-27-2014   #21
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pilot Flying J

He's just a poor innocent CEO. He didn't know....

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More Trouble for the Browns?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
Pilot Flying J agrees to $92M penalty as a result of “discount fraud,” but agreement offers no individual protection

Per US Attorney, Pilot Flying J, company owned by #Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, agrees to resolve criminal liability:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/tne/news...eement%20.html
I bet ol' Jimmy's lawyers made sure his name wasn't on any lists.
Old 07-14-2014   #23
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Do judgements like this ever really mean anything to the owner of such a large company? How does it come out? Is it shown as a company loss? Is it shown as a loss in profit? I'm just asking because I don't know.

It just seems like it is something that hits the company in the wallet and does not have any real impact on the owners day to day life.
Old 07-21-2014   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Browns Trying Out Local Homeless Men at Wide Receiver
Quote:
“It’s no secret that we have some issues at wide receiver,” said general manager Ray Farmer. “It’s also no secret that the advice of a homeless man caused us to draft Johnny Manziel. So the thought was that we may as well tap the homeless for wide receiver talent.”

Farmer then made a point of saying the homeless receiver initiative was “100-percent the idea of [Browns owner] Jimmy Haslam. I had nothing to do with this.”
“Problems create opportunities,” said Haslam. “I truly believe that. And homeless people really fit the identify of what I want the Cleveland Browns to be. People overlook the homeless and think they can’t have success. But they’re scrappy and they survive. That’s the mentality I want to bring to the Browns. I want people to think of the Cleveland Browns as the homeless men of the NFL.”
Old 07-21-2014   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Jeeze, Haslam really is whack. I can't blame anyone who turned that Head Coaching" opportunity down. What a circus. JFF couldn't have landed in a better place!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014   #26
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Another headline from that site:

Report: Desperate Cavs Willing to Include LeBron James in a Deal for Kevin Love
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Trying out homeless people for an NFL roster spot? That's a joke, right?

Well, at least they'll get a good shower out of it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2014   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Trying out homeless people for an NFL roster spot? That's a joke, right?
Old 07-22-2014   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

uh..I thought homeless people have much shorter life span? Hey let them or any sports team try whom they wish..just make sure they deduct the taxes from any wages. (I'm thinking about running for Democratic presidential spot against Hilary).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read