Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-07-2013   #21
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who are your round one targets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Short/Hankins/Rodgers/Hunter/Armstead
I'd like all five of them please.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #22
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

WR
Tavon Austin
Keenan Allen
Deandre Hopkins

OT
DJ Fluker
Menelik Watson

ILB
Alec Olgetree
Arthur Brown
Kevin Minter

DE/OLB
Margus Hunt
Jarvis Jones

S
Jonathan Cyprien
Kenny Vaccaro

TE
Tyler Eifert
don't really want him in the 1st, but I wouldn't be mad if we did picked him.
Old 04-08-2013   #23
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Taking some time to look at game tape over the last couple days, I think maybe the best pure WR out there is Robert Woods from USC. He has good hands, runs routes well, fairly explosive, and is aggressive and scrappy after catching the ball. And this guy has excellent top-end speed, as his 4.5 40 time at the combine understates the fact that he was a 46 second 400 man, and 21 second flat 200 meter guy scholastically which means he was probably capable of something in the range of a 10.5 100 meters time. That's fast ! In other words he can stretch the field, an asset we'd like at wr on the other side of AJ.
On the negative side he's had injury issues, and in particular a troublesome, nagging injury to his right ankle which he's struggled with for awhile now. Also this guy is not real fond of run-blocking, something that Kubiak wants and expects in his WR. And this guy definitely won't be around when we make out second round pick.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
So who are your round one targets, ie who would you be at least alright with in the first (the prospects I am listing are ones I believe have a shot of being there when the texans come on the clock, in order of preference within position):
I like your list, however, to be ready for draft day, these players need to be ranked regardless of position. Do you take Datone Jones if Cordorelle Patterson or Alec Ogletree or Kyle Long.

I don't think we need to "target" a position, we've got enough needs, that the BPA (at a position of need) should be our first pick @ 27.
Old 04-08-2013   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
Chance Warmack OG Alabama
Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

Any of these guys in the first will make me happy. The bolded are my favorites.
It would be really cool if you draftknits could get together & put together a top 100 for us. That should cover the Texans picks through the first three rounds and give us less knowledgable fans something to guage our draft by.

I normally go off McShay's or Kiper's list, but they don't know the Texans the way our fans do.

Edit: I started this thread, to try & put together a TT top 100. Please drop in & give your opinion.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 04-08-2013 at 10:36 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read