Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

CC Brown (6th pick) is signed.

i really haven't seen or heard much of him myself, but he'll add some competition to the strong safety spot. my guess would be he ends up on the practice squad and earl and walker make the team. but thats just a guess.

Contract details:

Texans | Brown Signed to Three-year Deal
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:40:10 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have signed rookie SS C.C. Brown, a sixth-round draft pick, to a three-year, $ $1,000,300 contract. The contract included a signing bonus of $75,300 and minimum base salaries of $230,000 (2005), $310,000 (2006), $385,000 (2007).

Its posted on the web site and i dont see any other threads but the Texans have signed 6th round draft pick C.C. brown. Yall think he'll make the team? i think he'll make an impact moslt on special teams any ideas?

the Texans gave him a nice signing bonus so they must like C.C. my guess is that they like his size, speed & athletic ability a good canidate for the practice squad and insurance in case of injurys to any of the front line Safety's. Vinny posted this nice recap of his abilities under the 2005 draft thread-

Ceandris Brown
Position: Safety
Drafted: Round 6, 188th Overall
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 208
College: Louisiana-Lafayette
Birthdate:
NFL Comparison: Jerome Woods

Strengths: Ceandris "C.C." Brown displayed better speed than expected at Pro Day workouts (4.48 and 4.52) and was subsequently worked out by the Texans a few days prior to the draft. Brown, a junior college transfer, had over 100 tackles last season which should indicate a good nose for the ballcarrier and good tackling technique. He forced five fumbles in his two seasons at UL-L and recovered two. Brown received attention at the Hula Bowl after being named the team's Defensive MVP.

Areas of Concern: Making the conversion to the NFL from the I-AA Sun Belt Conference will be a challenge. While Brown broke up six passes as a Ragin' Cajun and intercepted two, Brown appears to have limitations in pass defense and is expected to be tried at strong safety. Said to be a "very, very raw" talent by one online scout.

2004 Expectations: If Brown plays to his forty times in shorts onto the field in pads, he has a chance to be a solid player on kick coverage and might take advantage of the lack of depth at safety to win a roster spot.

by Bob Hulsey

Back