Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-10-2013   #61
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenan Allen-WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
NFL COMPARISON Jordy Nelson
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...len?id=2540154
So if we are making comparisons of Draft prospects to active NFL players, NFL.Com compares Allen to Jordy Nelson, FWIW ?
And sorry, gotta keep beating the drum for Robert Woods if you want a player with real
sprinter-track speed who's also a legit WR, because he's the only one who really qualifies IMO other than Cordarrelle Patterson whom will be selected very early in the Draft well before the Texans choice.
What are you talking about?
Da'rick Rogers 4.43
Terrence Williams 4.48
Quinton Patton 4.48
Justin Hunter 4.36
Aaron Dobson 4.43

Most are as big if not bigger. All are good receivers. Woods is good but not the only one.
Old 04-10-2013   #62
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Da'rick Rogers 4.43
Terrence Williams 4.48
Quinton Patton 4.48
Justin Hunter 4.36
Aaron Dobson 4.43

Most are as big if not bigger. All are good receivers. Woods is good but not the only one.
He has bests of 21.01 in the 200 (fourth fastest in the nation in 2010) and 46.17 in the 400 (second fastest in the nation in 2010)
http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-f..._robert00.html
That's real top-end speed, the kind needed to create real seperation on a fly-route against a fast corner. And go look at some tape on Woods, he's got everything needed to be a #1 WR in the NFL.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #63
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has bests of 21.01 in the 200 (fourth fastest in the nation in 2010) and 46.17 in the 400 (second fastest in the nation in 2010)
http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-f..._robert00.html
That's real top-end speed, the kind needed to create real seperation on a fly-route against a fast corner. And go look at some tape on Woods, he's got everything needed to be a #1 WR in the NFL.
When the field becomes 200 or 400 meters long, Woods will be my guy.

Woods is not a burner. He gets the job done due to shiftiness, body control, and hands. I am a big fan, but you are banging on the wrong drum IMO.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #64
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
When the field becomes 200 or 400 meters long, Woods will be my guy.

Woods is not a burner. He gets the job done due to shiftiness, body control, and hands. I am a big fan, but you are banging on the wrong drum IMO.
There's the initial burst at the los when the ball is snapped which is an indication of exlosiveness, then there's the long-sprint down the field by receivers on deep routes where a 200 time is perhaps even more indicative of top-end speed needed to seperate from the DB coverage.
Old 04-11-2013   #65
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's the initial burst at the los when the ball is snapped which is an indication of exlosiveness, then there's the long-sprint down the field by receivers on deep routes where a 200 time is perhaps even more indicative of top-end speed needed to seperate from the DB coverage.
Routes longer than 40 yards are pretty rare. I think 40 yards is just fine for testing someone's deep speed. If you need those 40 yards to get passed someone, you wont be a good receiver in the NFL.

The initial burst and "wiggle" are far more important.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Da'rick Rogers 4.43
Terrence Williams 4.48
Quinton Patton 4.48
Justin Hunter 4.36
Aaron Dobson 4.43

Yeah, but what are their 200 meter times?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #67
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Allen, but I like other guys more...

He's a good player though...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2013   #68
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...an-allens-game
Here's an excellent "pros & cons" breakdown on Allen at one site.
Old 04-11-2013   #69
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Idexan, on the other hand, Hunter is a good athlete in long jump and high jump.

Hunter attended Ocean Lakes High School in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He was ranked as the eighth best wide receiver recruit in his class by Rivals.com. Hunter was also a standout in track and field. As a junior in 2009, Hunter won the state title in both the long jump,and high jump. As a senior in 2010, he won the state title in the long jump,high jump,and triple jump. Hunter was the 2010 USA junior national champion in the long jump, and represented the USA at the 2010 IAAF World Junior Championships

Last edited by 76Texan; 04-11-2013 at 12:53 PM.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #70
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I just timed Allen on this play in fastenough.90. BTW, that's 1st lock CB Desmond Trufant (#6) in pursuit.

I like Allen, and if healthy would make a great pick @27. But, he's not healthy. This team is has a window and I don't think it needs to swing for the fence with high risk picks, be it injury or character concerns. That's why I would lean at this point to DeAndre Hopkins or Robert Woods at WR. They both have the talent and the production to project as a solid #2 WR, at least. And using scouting terminology, they're "clean" prospects. I think the Texans have to go "clean".
I have to agree with this. I am a fan of Allen and wanted the Texans to draft him, but with this speed/injury concern maybe they should change their focus more to Hopkins or Woods. Hopkins has always been high on my list anyway, and I think he is more physical and has better hands than Allen or Woods. Still, in a couple of weeks when the Draft is upon us, if Allen, Woods, and Hopkins are all there at #27, I wonder what the Texans would do.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read