Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-05-2013   #41
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Not a joke, but yet I guess it is: Vince Young Throws at UT Pro Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
vince young has only played for two teams. sure he blew it with the titans but he never really got a real shot at philly since he was the back up.

dont see where you got 2nd and 3rd chances from.
First of all, VY got 2nd and 3rd chances in TEN alone. He lost his job to Collins and got another chance. He quit on hsi team and got another chance. Then he went to the Eagles for a 4th chance. He did well enough there, or they were at least desperate enough, that he stayed as the backup. Then he got a 5th chance in Buffalo to at leat be the backup, and he evidently did terribly enough that the Bills, a team well known for their massive depth at the QB position, cut him outright before the season even started.

As I said earlier in this thread, it's been VY's repeated confirmation of the knocks on him that have undermined his career.
Old 04-05-2013   #42
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

vince young has a winning record as a qb and went to the pro bowl twice. how many starters scratch that, how many back ups can say that?

just saying.
Matt Schaub.

Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #43
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
First of all, VY got 2nd and 3rd chances in TEN alone. He lost his job to Collins and got another chance. He quit on hsi team and got another chance. Then he went to the Eagles for a 4th chance. He did well enough there, or they were at least desperate enough, that he stayed as the backup. Then he got a 5th chance in Buffalo to at leat be the backup, and he evidently did terribly enough that the Bills, a team well known for their massive depth at the QB position, cut him outright before the season even started.

As I said earlier in this thread, it's been VY's repeated confirmation of the knocks on him that have undermined his career.
There was the time that he got into the fight at the strip club because someone flashed the "horns down" sign at him. They later let him back into the club. There's another second chance right there!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013   #44
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the wrong thread for ridiculous excuses and conspiracy theories against Vince Young. You need to post those here http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...13-destination

Vince only has himself to blame for his current unemployment. Hopefully he can grow up and revive his career. I wouldn't mind seeing him sign with the Bucs. They have just cut loose all of their QBs but Freeman. Freeman needs someone with talent to push him.

The only thing that makes me want to see Vince fail are these ridiculous/obnoxious VY fanboys that don't think he can do any wrong.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #45
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
pulling out the race card when you have nothing left, nice

VY got a second and third chance
....and John Daly got 10 million chances.

Old 04-08-2013   #46
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

That's cause he qualified in an individual sport .
Old 04-08-2013   #47
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And Daily is much better at his profession than Vince has been/ever will be at his.

Good to see you back Dex.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2013   #48
JPPT1974
NFL Coming!

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

VY is also broke as well. He is trying to get his degree and hopefully his act together. But hopefully he can get another chance. At QB but it will possibly be as a backup.
Old 04-09-2013   #49
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
VY is also broke as well. He is trying to get his degree and hopefully his act together. But hopefully he can get another chance. At QB but it will possibly be as a backup.
He wont get his degree because the NFL has conspired against him and is working with the NCAA to keep him from getting his degree. On top of that everyone knows that black former NFL qbs are discriminated against... Just ask Jules.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans should bring VY in as a WR2.

This is the position he was best suited for in the NFL. The demands of playing QB in the NFL were far to great for a mental midget like VY.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #51
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33993 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Texans should bring VY in as a WR2.

This is the position he was best suited for in the NFL. The demands of playing QB in the NFL were far to great for a mental midget like VY.
Maybe TE but not WR.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013   #52
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

and what does that tell you about VY and his ability? What it tells me is that the NFL is much more demanding on your body and that VY couldnt get his sh!t together for the eagles or the bills to get back in.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013   #53
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
vince young deserves a second chance just on this performance alone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SWVU0vu0a8

kordell stewart was absolutely right, there is a lot of double standards when it comes to black players getting a second chance just to even be a back up qb than a white qb.

White qbs who fail as starters are given perpetual chances yet once a black qb fails they almost always never get a second chance or even have a chance to be a back up.
Biggest COS I've read on this MB in years.

Is that you Dex?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013   #54
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Biggest COS I've read on this MB in years.

Is that you Dex?
It ain't me, but can't say Jules is way off, though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read