Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2013   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Happy Gary Kubiak

I hadn't seen this yet but it made me laugh. That is the biggest smile I've ever seen from him

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 12-18-2013   #2
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63941 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Happy Gary Kubiak

He's a likable guy and has good character. A lot of fans will miss him.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for him. The job was taking its toll on him, but looks like he's getting on with life.
Old 12-18-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
He's a likable guy and has good character. A lot of fans will miss him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Good for him. The job was taking its toll on him, but looks like he's getting on with life.
My sentiments, as well.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #5
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95608 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out that stubble!
Old 12-18-2013   #6
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122435 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

uummmm.....saw that pic on twitter and that isn't Kubiak
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

That is not Kubiak. Jesus, look at the nose.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2013   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is an article about it: Happy Gary Kubiak Picture Is a Great Way to Start Your Day
Old 12-18-2013   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
My sentiments, as well.
All well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
According to many on Twitter and in articles like above it is. Besides the stubble I don't see why it wouldn't be.
Old 12-18-2013   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like he's hammered
Old 12-18-2013   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like him to me...

The caption under the pic should've said "miss me yet?"....especially after that putrid performance against the colts.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Looks like him to me...

The caption under the pic should've said "miss me yet?"....especially after that putrid performance against the colts.
Folks will really miss him when he's winning on another team. Not a very popular opinion around these parts right now, and some will accuse me of smoking something funny, but I'm not going to be surprised when another team hires him as a HC.

I'd be smiling and getting hammered, too, if I got a year off of work and still made $4 million in that same time period!
Old 12-18-2013   #13
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Folks will really miss him when he's winning on another team. Not a very popular opinion around these parts right now, and some will accuse me of smoking something funny, but I'm not going to be surprised when another team hires him as a HC.

I'd be smiling and getting hammered, too, if I got a year off of work and still made $4 million in that same time period!
And it would take a lot less for me!
Old 12-18-2013   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

he looks like a cokehead that just got his fix.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm right there with you on this. He'll have choices.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for him. He looks like he is enjoying himself outside of football. I think Gary needs at least one season off where he can spend time with his family and get in better health.

I just don't want to see him anywhere near any of the teams I root for.

Quote:

Only the people that like HC's because they are nice guys. He has a losing record as a HC. He had 2good seasons out of 8, where 1 was mainly due to a great defense that Wade turned around over night. If that is the case then people should be missing Capers big time as well. The only way that he ever becomes a HC again is if he creates one of the best offenses in the league as an OC. I think that he'll get a job somewhere as an OC, but if I were Gary I'd try to go to a team that already has an established QB. He doesn't have a lot of success in developing inexperienced QB's. That would be his safest move.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have no doubt that he will be named HC again some time.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
That is not Kubiak. Jesus, look at the nose.
That IS Kubiak. That IS his nose......and the off-centered vertical frown line......and the bushy extension of his inner upper brow lines......and his exact hairline and cut.......

And the little space behind his right lateral inscissor.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is why I am kinda rooting for Ken Whisenhunt to be our coach. I think he and Kubiak will both be more successful their second time around as HC.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Only the people that like HC's because they are nice guys. He has a losing record as a HC. He had 2good seasons out of 8, where 1 was mainly due to a great defense that Wade turned around over night. If that is the case then people should be missing Capers big time as well. The only way that he ever becomes a HC again is if he creates one of the best offenses in the league as an OC. I think that he'll get a job somewhere as an OC, but if I were Gary I'd try to go to a team that already has an established QB. He doesn't have a lot of success in developing inexperienced QB's. That would be his safest move.
I agree with a lot of what you said. Kubiak is a mediocre head coach to me. His overall record is average and he does not inspire greatness from his players. This season is proof positive of it.

However, that doesn't mean he won't get another chance. A lot of mediocre coaches get two shots in the NFL, sometimes more.

Case in point is Wade Phillips. Dude is 1-5 in the postseason with 3 teams. Gary has him beat with a 2-2 record. Wade has a better winning record, but nothing really inspiring.

Norv Turner is another example (3 teams, 4-4 in playoffs).

We could probably build a solid list of these kinds of coaches. Their king is Marty Schottenheimer. 4 teams, 5-13 in playoffs.

I'm not trying to disrespect any of these coaches. My point is only that I'm not going to be surprised if Kubiak gets another chance. I'm not predicting or advocating it, but just seeing historical trends.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read