Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #1
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Network: Texans Needs To Get Back On Track

Interviewing certain personnel from the network, including Charlie Casserly; most experts feel that the Texans are a team ready for a coach to walk-in and go to the playoffs. Kansas City Version II.

Main need: Figure out the QB position. Mold Keenum, acquire Jay Cutler or draft.

Offense: Running Back situation Tate and Foster, two offensive linemen needed.

Defense: Cornerback

Special Teams: Coach them.

Fairly straightforward and fixable, provided a coach is hired who is flexible and disciplinarian...like Bob said: Energetic!
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network: Texans Needs To Get Back On Track

No Jay Cutler.
Old 12-06-2013   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No Jay Cutler.
indeed.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #4
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one that likes Jay Cutler? He can sling it if he has time. Fix up that O-line and I'm okay with it. But obviously wouldn't be my first option.

I don't like any of rookies coming out this year. And if Texans are really in win now mode, I don't trust Bridgewater or whoever else that's in the draft.
Old 12-06-2013   #5
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Am I the only one that likes Jay Cutler? ....
His mom likes him.
Old 12-06-2013   #6
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1939 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Am I the only one that likes Jay Cutler? He can sling it if he has time. Fix up that O-line and I'm okay with it. But obviously wouldn't be my first option.

I don't like any of rookies coming out this year. And if Texans are really in win now mode, I don't trust Bridgewater or whoever else that's in the draft.

No you're not, i like him more than any qb we have on our roster

the reason i would like to pick him up is so that we can use our 1st pick on clowney... i like the qbs in the draft just not that much
Old 12-06-2013   #7
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by acal21 View Post

the reason i would like to pick him up is so that we can use our 1st pick on clowney... i like the qbs in the draft just not that much
No way we take Clowney:

"Junior DE Jadeveon Clowney has "worn out his welcome" at South Carolina, according to Dan Pompei.
"It has been well documented that Clowney plays and practices only when he feels like it," Pompei writes. "Other red flags with Clowney, according to multiple front-office men, are his unusual family situation, his entourage, his inconsistent work ethic and the fact that he has worn out his welcome at South Carolina. Some suspect he is motivated strictly by money, and a big payday could leave him too satisfied." These are strong words, and we will likely hear a lot more about the monstrous defensive end throughout the draft process. This, however, is the first instance of Clowney's family and entourage being questioned."
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013   #8
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Please don't use the words "interview" and "Casserly" in the same sentence ever again.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by acal21 View Post

I guess that means I like the flu because it isn't pneumonia.

No sir. No Cutler for me. The exasperation alone would take years off my life....lol.
Old 12-06-2013   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
No way we take Clowney:

"Junior DE Jadeveon Clowney has "worn out his welcome" at South Carolina, according to Dan Pompei.
"It has been well documented that Clowney plays and practices only when he feels like it," Pompei writes. "Other red flags with Clowney, according to multiple front-office men, are his unusual family situation, his entourage, his inconsistent work ethic and the fact that he has worn out his welcome at South Carolina. Some suspect he is motivated strictly by money, and a big payday could leave him too satisfied." These are strong words, and we will likely hear a lot more about the monstrous defensive end throughout the draft process. This, however, is the first instance of Clowney's family and entourage being questioned."

IF this is true it will come out. Right now I would take it with a grain of salt.
Old 12-06-2013   #11
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

The only downside to Cutler worth considering, to me, is that he is already 30 years old. He's a great talent but I'd rather invest in a new guy if it came down to it, either Bridgewater or someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
No way we take Clowney:

So are you gonna cite this quote or just leave a character assassination and assume we all believe you?
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #12
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think the expectations for QBs on this board are sometimes unrealistic. I get the impression there are two tiers here and anyone below those just plain SUCKS.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #13
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
The only downside to Cutler worth considering, to me, is that he is already 30 years old. He's a great talent but I'd rather invest in a new guy if it came down to it, either Bridgewater or someone else.

So are you gonna cite this quote or just leave a character assassination and assume we all believe you?
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/...deveon-clowney
Old 12-06-2013   #14
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan View Post
I think the expectations for QBs on this board are sometimes unrealistic. I get the impression there are two tiers here and anyone below those just plain SUCKS.
If by two tiers you mean tier 1 = "elite" & tier 2 = "franchise" then please list the teams you see performing to the expectations of this fanbase for our team this year (deep playoff run not 1 win in wildcard round) who don't have a QB in one of those tiers.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Am I the only one that likes Jay Cutler?
I liked Jay Cutler several years ago. At this point, no thanks.
Old 12-06-2013   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan View Post
What is unrealistic about not wanting Cutler? The goal is for the team to improve. He isn't as good as pre-injury Schaub.
Old 12-06-2013   #17
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are some concerns on Clowney. If this stuff is true, most of it will be out of the bag after the combine.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #18
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What is unrealistic about not wanting Cutler? The goal is for the team to improve. He isn't as good as pre-injury Schaub.
This.

Additionally, there is no way we can afford him with all the dead money that will be on the books for 2014. We literally have to get cheap production from the qb position ala the draft or keenum.
Old 12-06-2013   #19
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
There are some concerns on Clowney. If this stuff is true, most of it will be out of the bag after the combine.
The bag is open & it ain't pretty
Old 12-06-2013   #20
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Barr is going to be a better prospect than Clowney, hope the FO sees it this way.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read