Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013   #1581
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I don't think they consider NT a need as far as a starter. I think they believe Mitchell can be just as effective as Cody & they were satisfied w/ Cody for the last few seasons. Not saying I agree, but I do think Mitchell can at least equal Cody's production if not produce slightly more.

I also believe that they believe a healthy Sharpton could be a decent option at ILB. I like Sharpton when he is healthy, but he seems to be bit by the injury bug quite often. I dont trust his health & wish they would look at other options as well, but this is the same group that thought James was a worthy starter so going in w/ an injury prone Sharpton wouldn't surprise me.
Mitchel could not beat out Cody with his back injuries and even when Cody went out with the ribs, he was rushed back to replace Mitchell. As I noted on another thread I think Phillips is okay with Mitchell starting. Not comparing my knowledge to Wade but think he is wrong. Agree with you on SHarpton who cannot stay on field.
Old 03-20-2013   #1582
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Mitchel could not beat out Cody with his back injuries and even when Cody went out with the ribs, he was rushed back to replace Mitchell. As I noted on another thread I think Phillips is okay with Mitchell starting. Not comparing my knowledge to Wade but think he is wrong. Agree with you on SHarpton who cannot stay on field.
Let Cody walk trade up for Jessie Williams. Dude is a gamechanger at the NT position.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1583
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see anything desperate in the way the FO is handling this.

The FANS are the desperate ones here. They're the ones getting jittery because no one has been signed, yet.

Our FO? Cool. Doesn't appear to be worried at all. Methodical. Taking its time. If our FO was desperate, we would have already caved in to get Reed here. We would have offered him 7 mil a year for 3 years and he would have taken that back to the Ravens to say, "See? I am highly valued around the league" and then he would have accepted less money to play with the Ravens.

There's still a long time to go and a lot of moves to be made. Personally, if it's down between Woodson and Reed, I'd probably go Woodson. I'm just not sure how much more Reed's got in the tank and I think Woodson has more to give.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1584
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm just not sure how much more Reed's got in the tank and I think Woodson has more to give.
You realize Woodson is older than Reed, right?
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1585
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
You realize Woodson is older than Reed, right?
Yes.

I think Woodson could give us 1 good year. I don't think Reed has a full year left in him.

Either way, I expect us to draft a safety and I expect that safety to be starting in 2014. I don't think we're signing either Woodson or Reed expecting them to play longer than a year.
Old 03-20-2013   #1586
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yes.

I think Woodson could give us 1 good year. I don't think Reed has a full year left in him.

Either way, I expect us to draft a safety and I expect that safety to be starting in 2014. I don't think we're signing either Woodson or Reed expecting them to play longer than a year.
Curious as to how you decided Reed has only part of a season left in him? He had a very decent 2012.
Old 03-20-2013   #1587
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Ravens are very pessimistic about the possibility of keeping FA Ed Reed, I'm told. Belief is he wants $4M per year. Doubtful they do that
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2013   #1588
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m Ed Reed yet to make a final decision, but Texans continued their push for him during league meetings. Strong offer and interest
Old 03-20-2013   #1589
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Quote:
Ed Reed yet to make a final decision, but Texans continued their push for him during league meetings. Strong offer and interest. Expectation was Reed would make a decision today, but no one will rush him. About to hop on flight out of Phoenix. will update if I can
Old 03-20-2013   #1590
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m Expectation was Reed would make a decision today, but no one will rush him. About to hop on flight out of Phoenix. will update if I can
Old 03-20-2013   #1591
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Whats going with this thread?
Old 03-20-2013   #1592
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 49s My understanding of the Ed Reed situation: He'll have to take less money to return to #Ravens. #Texans offering more than Baltimore.
Old 03-20-2013   #1593
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed - DB - Ravens
NFL.com reports the Ravens are "very pessimistic" about re-signing free agent Ed Reed.
Per reporter Ian Rapoport, the "belief" is that Reed is now seeking $4 million per year, but that it's "doubtful" the Ravens meet that price. $4 million is believed to be what the Texans are offering, so it could be only a matter of time before Reed stops peddling his wares and takes his talents his Houston.
Related: Texans
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Mar 20 - 2:50 PM

Hopefully this drama comes to end soon & the Texans can possibly look into other areas of concern. "Hopefully" being the key word.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1594
BigB0iFresh
Veteran

Rep Power: 1335 BigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
My understanding of the Ed Reed situation: He'll have to take less money to return to #Ravens. #Texans offering more than Baltimore.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
BigB0iFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1595
ASidd_1990
Veteran

So the Ravens were offering him a deal less than $4 million/per year?

If that's the case, welcome to Houston, Ed Reed!
Old 03-20-2013   #1596
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I can't argue with that number to me that's a good number for Ed, depending on what we have for a bonus up front to not have any dead money if we have to exit the contract.

- John

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1597
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be very supportive of the 3 year 12 million deal being floated around. Would like to know the guaranteed portion and years 1-2 pmt/cap hits. I'd be very pleased with this and the ability to cut him after year 2 with little cap ramifications.

Still crossing fingers. Love how Rick and Olsen are holding firm.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1598
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Curious as to how you decided Reed has only part of a season left in him? He had a very decent 2012.
I didn't think he had that good of a 2012. Although he had plays here and there, he wasn't as consistent or nearly as good as he'd been in previous seasons.
Old 03-20-2013   #1599
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is anyone else getting a listing for 80 pages but the current one is 75?

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1600
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Is anyone else getting a listing for 80 pages but the current one is 75?
Yeah. Someone said it's related to deleted posts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read