Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

djohn2oo8

All Pro
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
The Texans' first visit will be with S Ed Reed. He'll be at their facility on Thursday. They need a vet to replace Glover Quin.

ASidd_1990

Waterboy
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
The Texans' first visit will be with S Ed Reed. He'll be at their facility on Thursday. They need a vet to replace Glover Quin.
HOLY ISH! If the Texans sign him I will take back everything I said about Rick Smith!

:hurrah::smiliedance::specnatz:

drs23

Veteran
But...but wait. I've read right here within the last 1/2 hour or so that "Ed Reed would never play for the Texans.

:kitten:

Vance87

All Pro
1. He's got his ring, he's close to retirement, how much fire would he have?
2. He had a sub par 2012 season
3. Go on the Ravens forum, they wanted him freakin' benched he was doing so bad
4. He'll probably want too much money anyway
5. His hair

ChrisG

Road Fan
If he has something left I would love to have him. He is by far my favorite non-Texan player in the NFL. But of course I am biased. Hopefully he has something left in the tank

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Ed Reed and Nnamdi.

I'd welcome both with open arms if they're willing to come here for less money. Come play for Ed Wade.

Let's kick some ass in 2013. Our defense is going to be amazing and fun to watch.

fiasco west

All Pro
Would love it.

Old yes but what did all these young players do for us against Brady?

Stood around wide eyes as Brady ran up to huddle, looking around not knowing what to do. Even if he's not in on every play I bet you he'd have a huge impact on preparing for that.

GP

Go Texans!
Ed Reed taking a page out of Orlando Pace's playbook.

Meets with Smithiak at Reliant, then makes that connecting flight to some west coast team.

SW H-TOWN

Rookie
If we sign him we need to replace Keo given his age and injury history. I was wrong about this one, I thought Reed would retire a Raven. We need to replace Keo no matter what happens. Only one injury away from him starting gives me nightmares.

GP

Go Texans!
ESPN sports anchors said "Ed Reed to meet with the Texans tomorrow," as the last statement before ending their 4:00 segment.

So we got some run on ESPN.

Bulls on Parade

Ed Reed taking a page out of Orlando Pace's playbook.

Meets with Smithiak at Reliant, then makes that connecting flight to some west coast team.
He's actually good friends with Andre Johnson. It wouldn't shock me if they're hanging out tonight and tomorrow. Orlando Pace had no connections with us.

False Start

On # 69
I wouldn't mind, I think he has a few good years left in him. He's not the Ed Reed of old, but hes better than anyone currently on the roster.

Bulls on Parade

ESPN sports anchors said "Ed Reed to meet with the Texans tomorrow," as the last statement before ending their 4:00 segment.

So we got some run on ESPN.
I saw that. About time they mentioned the Texans during their free agency frenzy show. Let's face it, guys. We need a big splash somehow. Signing Ed Reed would rejuvenate my excitement for the team again. I'd be pumped and ready for the season to start.

fiasco west

All Pro
Ed Reed loves playing against New England.

We need guys like that.
Exactly.

We can still draft a safety...but that safety and the defense as a whole would be better with Reed around and teams will still think twice before throwing up a random deep ball.

Won't play all the games but he's proven that he'll play the games when they count.

htowntexans1985

1st Round Pick
Do not let him leave Kirby smithiak!! He has tom Brady figured out and doesn't shrink under the bright lights. Give him a two year deal. And let he and manning groom our rookie safety from the draft.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
Adam Wexler @awexler
Ed Reed flying to Houston tonight, Andre Johnson has his ear. Just a guess that #Texans know how much $$ he wants & he signs b4 leaving

Lurvinator11

Veteran
Reed would be ok for us as long as it is under these conditions.

1. Sign him to a two year deal. He would do well in Wades system, and could bring some fire, but no way is he the Safety of the future. I say he has 2 years left in him. Max.

2. Draft his replacement in this draft or next years draft. That way you could have him train his replacement.

I wouldn't mind Reed coming in at all. As long as that is the only big FA signing we do.

Rey

Would instantly be this teams best free agent signing ever. Ed reeds swag and credibility alone make this defense better.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
What Lurvinator said. The wisest course of action is a two year contract for a veteran stop gap who can groom a rookie. It doesn't have to be Reed, but it would be pretty cool if it were.

Texn4life

All Pro
Reed would be ok for us as long as it is under these conditions.

1. Sign him to a two year deal. He would do well in Wades system, and could bring some fire, but no way is he the Safety of the future. I say he has 2 years left in him. Max.

2. Draft his replacement in this draft or next years draft. That way you could have him train his replacement.

I wouldn't mind Reed coming in at all. As long as that is the only big FA signing we do.
I think a 2 year signing and drafting a safety was the plan all along. The writing was kind of on the wall yesterday and even more evident today. Texans probably were even waiting for the Quin signing to have Reed visit because of perception, but its pretty clear what the thinking is now.

Commodore

Practice Squad
Would instantly be this teams best free agent signing ever. Ed reeds swag and credibility alone make this defense better.
this, Ed Reed has a world beater mentality that no one else on our defense has since they haven't done it

Texn4life

All Pro
Not to mention he's arguably the smartest and most instinctual safety to ever play the game possibly. Some people would hate the chances he takes at times if he were to sign here, but its how he plays.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
I'm sure Rick will be relieved.

Ed Wade got another job? How is that possible?

(J/K, I knew you meant to write "Wade, Ed")

Makes sense. 'Bout time Dre brought in some of his buddies from The U.
I know JJoe didn't play with him but Dre was instrumental in bringing him here.

fiasco west

All Pro
Not to mention he's arguably the smartest and most instinctual safety to ever play the game possibly. Some people would hate the chances he takes at times if he were to sign here, but its how he plays.
Yep, he takes chances.

But that chance he takes gets QBs to doubt that throw knowing he's back there. That one second of doubt could be a sack.

Or maby the QB throws to someone else and that could prove favorable with Kareem and especially Joseph covering their guys...Manning is no slouch either.

With Cushing coming back as well...defense could be really good. I hope this will be a one way trip for Reed.