Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013   #1401
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
If we are paying him 5.5 per why didn't we just resign Quin? Am I missing something? How is this deal better?
I don't think they want to sign anyone to more than 2 years right now.

Gotta plan for Watt.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1402
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Its dumb for the Texans to be haggling over 2 million if this is indeed the case. Meet in the middle and make it work. Yeah, it sounds silly for me to make it sound so easy but its also silly to send your GM on the team plane if you're not willing to do what it takes to get him signed.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1403
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun
Quote:
On Reed: "He's going to have to come back to Ozzie and say, ‘Can you squeeze this # into your cap?’ and Ozzie is going to make a decision."
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1404
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Its dumb for the Texans to be haggling over 2 million if this is indeed the case. Meet in the middle and make it work. Yeah, it sounds silly for me to make it sound so easy but its also silly to send your GM on the team plane if you're not willing to do what it takes to get him signed.
I don't think we're haggling. Reed is trying to get what we offered from Baltimore. At least that's how I see it.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1405
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Quote:
Sources say Texans' initial offer for Ed Reed came in lower than expected, which is why there wasn't a fast deal. But they're still in it
Old 03-18-2013   #1406
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Baltimore Ravens starting safety Ed Reed told Adam Schein of SiriusXM NFL Radio today that he's "not 100 percent committed" to playing this season, triggering a collective gasp among Ravens fans who have dealt with more than their fair share of upsetting news regarding their defense this offseason.

This isn't the first time in his career that Reed has threatened to hang up his cleats, and it's certainly not the first time in 2012 he's declared interest in retirement. In March, the matter seemed to be weighing on Reed's mind. He claimed, practically in the same breath, that he wasn't sure if he'd play this season and that he'd like four or five more seasons with Baltimore.

Then, just a few days later, Reed spoke out again, saying that he felt the Ravens "disrespected" him, presumably because they didn't respond to his earlier comments about wanting to stick around. Reed is in the final year of his contract, and he clearly hoped that his claim that he has up to five seasons left in him would have them come calling with an offer.

Indeed, NFL Network's Albert Breer believes that Reed's latest comments are part of his strategy to land a new contract with the Ravens. I am prone to agree with this sentiment; Reed is attempting to play a high-risk game of chicken with Baltimore in order to gain leverage in contract negotiations.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...is-he-bluffing

This is Ed from LAST year......you never know with him.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1407
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I don't think we're haggling. Reed is trying to get what we offered from Baltimore. At least that's how I see it.
I don't see it that way. I think his preference is to get as much money in his last contract as possible. I think he'll take it from anyone.
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2013   #1408
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Ed Reed is starting to become a major pain in the Texans ass.
Old 03-18-2013   #1409
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see it that way. I think his preference is to get as much money in his last contract as possible. I think he'll take it from anyone.
We have a winner! Johnny, tell him what he's won!
Old 03-18-2013   #1410
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be freakin ecstatic if the Texans withdrew their offer and moved on.

Not. Worth. It.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1411
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texn4life View Post
its dumb for the texans to be haggling over 2 million if this is indeed the case. Meet in the middle and make it work. Yeah, it sounds silly for me to make it sound so easy but its also silly to send your gm on the team plane if you're not willing to do what it takes to get him signed.
period!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1412
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111660 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Not. Worth. It.
Exactly. They'd be paying for a brand. Cut bait.
Old 03-18-2013   #1413
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
We have a winner! Johnny, tell him what he's won!
Hey Uncle Rico. Can you play safety as well as you can throw a pigskin? I heard you can throw over them mountains.
Old 03-18-2013   #1414
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111660 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Hey Uncle Rico, can you play safety as well as you can throw a pigskin which I heard you can throw over them mountains?
Heck yes he can. And they'd have made it to the state championship game if the coach had put him in.
Old 03-18-2013   #1415
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
period!
If the Texans already knew they were not going to money whip Reed, they had pull out another type of sales job. Even when dealing with Baltimore, Reed has come off as having a good bit of diva to him.

Edit: BTW, i am not sure that the Texans would not be off signing two or three boring, but solid need fillers than messing around with the "name-brand" player here. this is really out character for them.
Old 03-18-2013   #1416
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
If the Texans already knew they were not going to money whip Reed, they had pull out another type of sales job. Even when dealing with Baltimore, Reed has come off as having a good bit of diva to him.
Naw, I don't see that. Reed is a warrior. He knows that his shelf life is short and wants to maximize it.
Old 03-18-2013   #1417
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind if we signed Reed but I'm not going to be upset if we don't, either.

He's old and he's past his prime. I'm not expecting him to come here and rejuvenate the defense like JJo and Manning did. I see him as a stop-gap, patch-up-the-position for a while player. I expect us to draft a mid-round safety and try to bring him along quickly.

I wish we'd sign some guys soon so we'd know more about the plan for the coming season. I hope we're not planning on pinning all of our starter and depth holes on rookies.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1418
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Naw, I don't see that. Reed is a warrior. He knows that his shelf life is short and wants to maximize it.
Not on the field...sorry I was not specific there.
Old 03-18-2013   #1419
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Edit: BTW, i am not sure that the Texans would not be off signing two or three boring, but solid need fillers than messing around with the "name-brand" player here. this is really out character for them.
Getting an all-pro, championship caliber player in FA would certainly be out of character.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1420
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not on the field...sorry I was not specific there.
What makes him a diva?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read