Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #621
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We need to temper our enthusiasm on this. It's just a sit-down, it's just dinner, and some mushy words from Ed and his hostage negotiator (financial advisor). Think about it.
According to the Houston Media, sounds like we shouldn't be excited at all. The guys on the radio are saying Ed's washed up.
Old 03-15-2013   #622
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I also think some negotiating may be left to be made as far as Reed working out here in Houston instead of back in Miami.
I don't know why this would be such a big deal. Andre used to do it & as far as I know, it was his decision to start working out with the team. I'd have to believe if there was some camaraderie there in the locker room, he would naturally want to be here. If it's just a job, not so much. Either way is fine.

You'd like for that camaraderie to be there, but it doesn't make sense to force it. jmo.
Old 03-15-2013   #623
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

By now AJ and Reed are out looking at futons. Ed will need a place to crash at. Why not stay w AJ? Hahaha. Millionaires futon shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #624
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
For the love of all that is holy, please check the thread before posting. You're about eight pages late, this has been posted at least ten times already.
Did you know that Adam Schefter tweeted that Ed Reed signing with the Texans is 50/50 at best. That's The Adam Schedter with an official tweet.

BTW, The General, John McClain, said on NFL AM this morning that he didn't think Reed was leaving Houston without a contract. But, he didn't tweet it, so I'm not sure if it counts.
Old 03-15-2013   #625
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I'm just ready to find out officially. This waiting around shyte is for the birds...needa know sumthin like yesterday. I'm also thinking Eric Winston is on his way back from other news blogs..but hell what do they know.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #626
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Who's the other player you think we will sign?
Matt Turk.

Championship.
Old 03-15-2013   #627
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Just heard on the radio that New England is still an option and might get involved. Of course a return to Baltimore is not been ruled out. Looks like San Fran had interest I don't know how much remains.

Thats quite a bit of love from some pretty good teams for a washed up has been can't do anything safety.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2013   #628
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just heard on the radio that New England is still an option and might get involved. Of course a return to Baltimore is not been ruled out. Looks like San Fran had interest I don't know how much remains.

Thats quite a bit of love from some pretty good teams for a washed up has been can't do anything safety.
If belichick is involved. We're screwed.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #629
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
If belichick is involved. We're screwed.
Signed,

Wes Welker
Old 03-15-2013   #630
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Not being negative but why wouldn't he check his options. Go to SF, NE, etc and see how Baltimore reacts. He probably is torn with family there and at the same time is looking for contender/money.
Old 03-15-2013   #631
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know why this would be such a big deal. Andre used to do it & as far as I know, it was his decision to start working out with the team. I'd have to believe if there was some camaraderie there in the locker room, he would naturally want to be here. If it's just a job, not so much. Either way is fine.

You'd like for that camaraderie to be there, but it doesn't make sense to force it. jmo.
Didn't say it was a big deal. Sometimes small things/deals still need to be ironed out or agreed to though before someone wants to commit.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #632
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt Turk.

Championship.
Hey, don't be toying with my emotions like that
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #633
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt Turk.

Championship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hey, don't be toying with my emotions like that
No, seriously. A new member here heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy, but it won't happen if we sign Reed because there'd be no money left.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #634
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I'm thinking if we don't hear something in the next hour or so, he's moving on to San Fran & won't be coming back.
Old 03-15-2013   #635
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm thinking if we don't hear something in the next hour or so, he's moving on to San Fran & won't be coming back.
I'm thinking your right.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #636
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure hope we're not using all our collective energy on this deal. They're probably not, but with no word of any other visits or contact it's beginning to make me wonder.

IMO, there's no way we can trot out rookie starters at multiple spots this season. OLB, ILB, WR, NT and possibly CB
Old 03-15-2013   #637
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I sure hope we're not using all our collective energy on this deal. They're probably not, but with no word of any other visits or contact it's beginning to make me wonder.

IMO, there's no way we can trot out rookie starters at multiple spots this season. OLB, ILB, WR, NT and possibly CB
We're not going to. You're forgetting the June 1st cuts and the training camp cuts. We'll find a vet.
Old 03-15-2013   #638
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
We're not going to. You're forgetting the June 1st cuts and the training camp cuts. We'll find a vet.
Most all of the teams have already designated their June 1 cuts.
Old 03-15-2013   #639
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Enough that they'll have egg on their face for going so public in courting Reed. Wondering if some at Texans HQ are beginning to think they've been taken for a ride.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #640
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully the delay is for an afternoon press conference. Makes sense.

You bring a player like Ed reed to Houston, and a regular old tweet doesn't really do it justice.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read