Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-12-2013   #1441
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
For Texans, I like Damion Square DE, Joe Vellano DE from Maryland, or Omar Hunter DT from Florida. All of them to play 3-4 DE, where we need depth. I prefer Vellano.
Is Jamison returning?

We also have Crick, and both Delano Johnson and Hunter can and does play DE too.

We also have Keith Browner and Ra'shon Harris.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #1442
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone want to throw out a list of top 5 available?
Old 04-12-2013   #1443
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well if you guys are deadset on a TE, I think a blocking TE could have some value now. A couple good ones at this spot might be Philip Lutzenkirchen of Auburn and Ben Cotton from Nebraska. Cotton will probably be a UDFA, but I do think Lutz will be drafted. Lutz had no QB this year, so it's no surprise he had low receiving stats. His measurables are: Height: 6-3. Weight: 258, Arm: 33.28, Hand: 10.28, 40 Time: 4.94.

Seemed like a good blocker at Auburn, and underutilized in the passing game. Could be a nice prospect this late in the draft.
We've already had Byrne and Supernaw, both are good blocking TEs.
I don't want a nickel back either since we've already got McCain and Harris; a big corner makes more sense to me.
Old 04-12-2013   #1444
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Is Jamison returning?

We also have Crick, and both Delano Johnson and Hunter can and does play DE too.

We also have Keith Browner and Ra'shon Harris.
To me, that means we have Jamison and Crick and a bunch of no namers with no experience. Can't hurt to keep adding depth there and competition.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #1445
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys decide. I'm going to bed. Have to be at work in 5 hours need some rest. Pick a winner!
Old 04-12-2013   #1446
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To me, that means we have Jamison and Crick and a bunch of no namers with no experience. Can't hurt to keep adding depth there and competition.
The guys that we find this late on the draft are mostly no name anyway.
Hunter was signed for 3 years; they must like him much.
Delano Johnson and Sunny Harris both showed flashes last pre-season.
I'm still open if there's a diamond in the rough, but if we can find BPA at another position, we should go with that, don't you think?
Old 04-12-2013   #1447
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Anyone want to throw out a list of top 5 available?
Well the Bears draft is over, so here are a few guys I was hoping would fall to my 7th until I realized I didn't have one...

RBs, cause I don't trust Forte to make it through 16+ games:
Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
Spencer Ware*, RB, LSU
Michael Ford*, RB, LSU
Cierre Wood, RB, Notre Dame

TEs, cause I don't think Martellus Bennett is enough:
Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio State
Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn
Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee

OLs cause da Bears' line sucks:
Tanner Hawkinson, OT, Kansas
Braden Hansen, C/G, BYU
Blaize Foltz, G, TCU

S:
DeVonte Holloman, SS, South Carolina
Brandan Bishop, SS, N.C. State
Old 04-12-2013   #1448
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The guys that we find this late on the draft are mostly no name anyway.
Hunter was signed for 3 years; they must like him much.
Delano Johnson and Sunny Harris both showed flashes last pre-season.
I'm still open if there's a diamond in the rough, but if we can find BPA at another position, we should go with that, don't you think?
Ya I agree, I just don't have anyone on my board that is standing out except Vellano. I'd just prefer no name guys to compete with other no name guys so we can get the best no name guy haha.
Old 04-12-2013   #1449
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Wait is Earl Wolff still available?

I vote him if he is. Good value.
Old 04-12-2013   #1450
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ya I agree, I just don't have anyone on my board that is standing out except Vellano. I'd just prefer no name guys to compete with other no name guys so we can get the best no name guy haha.
I think we have one or two more interior guys going to camp last year, so I'm open to draft one, especially with the extra 6th round comp pick.

However, we still need to consider other spots.
I like a couple of RBs on Dutch's list; I think we need one for TC to compete against Meggett who might not make the roster.
Old 04-12-2013   #1451
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wait is Earl Wolff still available?

I vote him if he is. Good value.

Holloman is gone as a hybrid LB to the Raides (srrono).

At safety, there's Dexter McCoil with his big frame, 18 INTs and 27 PBUs.
Old 04-12-2013   #1452
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think we have one or two more interior guys going to camp last year, so I'm open to draft one, especially with the extra 6th round comp pick.

However, we still need to consider other spots.
I like a couple of RBs on Dutch's list; I think we need one for TC to compete against Meggett who might not make the roster.
I like Kenjon Barner the most out of them. He would be really interesting in a ZBS running scheme.

A really fast guy that dropped due to injury is Chris Thompson from Florida State. He's probably more of a 7th round guy due to the injury, but he's quick and isn't too tiny at just under 200 pounds.

Earl Wolff is a good value here, but they just picked Rontez Miles last round. Don't think they need to double up on Safety when there is a need at RB and a lot of prospects here.
Old 04-12-2013   #1453
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I'm good with Barner.
Old 04-12-2013   #1454
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Harrison, Mike Catapano or Micheal Mauti would be my picks for the Texans at this point.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #1455
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Barner would be a good pick too. Forsett's replacement.
Old 04-12-2013   #1456
76Texan
Hall of Fame

There are a few big CBs that I like; one of them is Jeremy Harris from New Mexico St.
I only got to watch one of his game, but the TV angle is really poor for CB.
But he tested extremely well.

I might give him a nod over Barner at RB.
Old 04-12-2013   #1457
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Earl Wolff is still actually available so I would go with him as my vote. I didn't see that the last pick was a safety so a RB like Barner works.
Old 04-12-2013   #1458
76Texan
Hall of Fame

OK, looks like Barner get the concensus vote.

Just wait and corrosion will show up and change it, LoL!
Old 04-12-2013   #1459
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Delete pick
Old 04-12-2013   #1460
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

I think you guys skipped Blake...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read