Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-02-2013   #1001
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I vote Reddick, but I can change it to O-line.
Yes, who do you want?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1002
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
It's time to start talking about who Buffalo should be picking. Bong must have had an extended case of the munchies.

Nassib is my pick.

Competition for Barkley shouldn't be a bad thing. Nassib already knows the offense, kind like Tannehill did for the Dolphins last yr.
Don't they already have Kolb?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1003
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Anyone know what the Bills needs are? There's a couple QB's that are a good value down here and they might double up for insurance and value purposes like the Redskins did last year. Maybe some O-line help, Oday Aboushi, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner etc... Secondary help? Suggestions?
Aboushi got my vote.
Old 04-02-2013   #1004
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't they already have Kolb?
Kolb is a stop gap. There's nothing wrong with having 3 capable QB's on the roster, after not having one for 20+ yrs.

This is how teams like the Packers/49ers/Eagles have made a killing in draft day trades for yrs.
Old 04-02-2013   #1005
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aboushi got my vote.
He makes sense here. They already got Barkley, so no point in drafting a QB.
Old 04-02-2013   #1006
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He makes sense here. They already got Barkley, so no point in drafting a QB.
I will change to Aboushi if it speeds up the process.
Old 04-02-2013   #1007
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Aboushi
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2013   #1008
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Not really a complaint but I would of taken Kiko. His coverage and blitzing abilities fit this defense perfectly. I like Washington but there seems to be several guys with his attributes that should still be available in the next couple of rounds. Micheal Buchanan for one. If not for a broken jaw this year he could of possibly been a first or second day pick.

Still would not be unhappy at all with this haul.

P.S. I also would have considered one of the top QB's at this spot.
I kinda saw it as there arent very many guy's with the combination of size and speed left in this draft , lots of smaller guy's with potential tho .... and some have Washington as high as the tail end of the second round. I thought this one was a value pick that filled the void left by Barwin. They only have 3 OLB's on the roster - Braman , Mercilus & Reed.

The combination of Reed , Mercilus & Washington may well be better than Reed , Barwin & Mercilus.

There are several ILB and Safety prospects still on the board .... and should be thru round 5.

QB's .... Ive thought about them at every pick , even in the first round. We all knowwe have to find Schaub's replacement .... I just dont see NFL talent in this crop of QB's. Dont like any of them ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
I said I would cry in the fetal position if this is the outcome of are draft class

Why ?!?

We've been crying for an upgrade at the NT spot since Seth Payne got hurt. We get that upgrade in this draft.

We've been begging for a playmaker opposite #80 for a few years too - We get a guy who is arguably the most talented in this draft at the end of the second round. Along with another WR at the end of the third who's measurables are just as good and may have the best hands in the draft.
Schaub needed weapons , he gets them in spades.

Washington was miscast at Georgia because of the talent around him .... he even played the nose in some packages. Versatility , great size for the position and loads of talent .... Fills a need with Barwin moving on. May go in the mid second round , we get him here at the end of the 4th.

Yep - I need an ILB but with the way this has gone , we still have the option of moving Reed inside if we cant fill the spot and they will sign at least one , probably two ILB's after the draft.

Nope , I didnt pick your guy's .... but I had a plan entering the draft and have stuck to it. I like the results so far.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1009
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
I said I would cry in the fetal position if this is the outcome of are draft class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Why ?!?

We've been crying for an upgrade at the NT spot since Seth Payne got hurt. We get that upgrade in this draft.

We've been begging for a playmaker opposite #80 for a few years too - We get a guy who is arguably the most talented in this draft at the end of the second round. Along with another WR at the end of the third who's measurables are just as good and may have the best hands in the draft.

Washington was miscast at Georgia because of the talent around him .... he even played the nose in some packages. Versatility , great size for the position and loads of talent .... Fills a need with Barwin moving on. May go in the mid second round , we get him here at the end of the 4th.

Yep - I need an ILB but with the way this has gone , we still have the option of moving Reed inside if we cant fill the spot and they will sign at least one , probably two ILB's after the draft.

Nope , I didnt pick your guy's .... but I had a plan entering the draft and have stuck to it. I like the results so far.
Funny, when I read RNR's post the first time, I thought he would be so happy with your draft that he cried. Now I'm not sure which way to take it...
Old 04-02-2013   #1010
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I will change to Aboushi if it speeds up the process.
Let's go with him; we've got plenty of votes already.

Can you or Dutch update please! I'm on my IPhone and it takes a bit long to do it.
Old 04-02-2013   #1011
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's go with him; we've got plenty of votes already.

Can you or Dutch update please! I'm on my IPhone and it takes a bit long to do it.
Buffalo Bills take Oday Aboushi-OT in the 4th round.

New York Jets and Dsr23 are on the clock.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1012
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Drs23 and the Jets
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1013
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Dang, I have to wait for 67 picks before I can make one for the Lions. 65 --> 132 is a long time, LOL!
Old 04-02-2013   #1014
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Drs23 and the Jets
I've notified him via both PM and email.
Old 04-02-2013   #1015
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I kinda saw it as there arent very many guy's with the combination of size and speed left in this draft , lots of smaller guy's with potential tho .... and some have Washington as high as the tail end of the second round. I thought this one was a value pick that filled the void left by Barwin. They only have 3 OLB's on the roster - Braman , Mercilus & Reed.

The combination of Reed , Mercilus & Washington may well be better than Reed , Barwin & Mercilus.

There are several ILB and Safety prospects still on the board .... and should be thru round 5.

QB's .... Ive thought about them at every pick , even in the first round. We all knowwe have to find Schaub's replacement .... I just dont see NFL talent in this crop of QB's. Dont like any of them ....

Why ?!?

Washington is worth a chance because of his size , strength , and speed . The Steelers used to take OLBs in every draft because those are key positions and expensive to resign .

I wanted a bigger guy at the nose but that's just me .

We do need WRs bad and the elephant in the room is , when will AJ start declining and who will take his place .

I don't like the QBs that much either . I would take a flyer if one fell to the 5th .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1016
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

The NY Jets select Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford

Senior Stan is on the clock.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 04-02-2013 at 05:16 PM.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1017
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

2013 Kansas City Chiefs Draft Picks so far:

1. Luke Joeckel-OT, a no brainer pick.
2. No pick, this hurt but they traded for Alex Smith that should help alot.
3. Quinton Patton-WR, this was a lesser need but a very good value that I couldn't pass up.
3. Kiko Alonso-ILB, this was the teams biggest need but ILB just isn't a high 1st type of pick and can be filled much later.
4. Maliciah Goodman-DE/OLB, high quality depth and good value.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1018
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Washington is worth a chance because of his size , strength , and speed . The Steelers used to take OLBs in every draft because those are key positions and expensive to resign .

I wanted a bigger guy at the nose but that's just me .

We do need WRs bad and the elephant in the room is , when will AJ start declining and who will take his place .

I don't like the QBs that much either . I would take a flyer if one fell to the 5th .
I thought about the bigger guy's up front but thought that Short really fit what Wade has asked of the defensive linemen since he came here - He's not asking them to plug holes , he's asking them to get up the field. Short can do both.

Both of the WR's I took have similar size and measurables to #80 .... That elephant in the room had a lot to do with not only the position but the type of players at the position I went with.

I think AJ will give us at least two more years ... beyond that , its possible one of these kids grows into a #1 and who better to learn from than a future HOFer ?

I'd be following the Steelers blueprint of building talent and depth at the OLB spots .... they have been able to do it for ... ever , with little drop off over the years.

QB .... we've got a "decent one" and a capable backup. We werent going to upgrade the decent one if we had the first pick in the draft. I dont believe we would upgrade the backup beyond the first two selected.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1019
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I'm good with the Texans picks so far.
Old 04-02-2013   #1020
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
2013 Kansas City Chiefs Draft Picks so far:

1. Luke Joeckel-OT, a no brainer pick.
2. No pick, this hurt but they traded for Alex Smith that should help alot.
3. Quinton Patton-WR, this was a lesser need but a very good value that I couldn't pass up.
3. Kiko Alonso-ILB, this was the teams biggest need but ILB just isn't a high 1st type of pick and can be filled much later.
4. Maliciah Goodman-DE/OLB, high quality depth and good value.
Solid draft; Goodman has all the tools, if only he can take to the coaching.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read