Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-02-2013   #981
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With the 104th pick, the Browns select Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St.
I'm surprised this guy was even available. Some good players still on the board (at least on the defensive side of the ball). Jenkins is insurance in case Sheard doesn't pan out as an OLB.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #982
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'm surprised this guy was even available. Some good players still on the board (at least on the defensive side of the ball). Jenkins is insurance in case Sheard doesn't pan out as an OLB.
I know; there are plenty of values out there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #983
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I got this from the Bills' MB:

Quote:
1. Matt Barkley - QB - USC
2. Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers
3. Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech
4. Kiko Alonso - ILB - Oregon
5. Lerentee McCray - OLB - Florida
6. Kwame Geathers - DT - Georgia
So far, b0ng got them Barkley, Hunter, and Greene.

That's as close to a perfect fit as you can get.
Old 04-02-2013   #984
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I got this from the Bills' MB:

So far, b0ng got them Barkley, Hunter, and Greene.

That's as close to a perfect fit as you can get.
I'd go with LL Bean .
Old 04-02-2013   #985
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I suggest they trade this pick to the Titans for Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Or...to the University of Texas for Vince Young.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #986
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Or...to the University of Texas for Vince Young.
I heard that VY draw oohs and ahhs and the recent Longhorns Pro Day.
Some said it was from scouts; others denied it and declared it was fans and family members for sure!
Old 04-02-2013   #987
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand the QB's that are left on the board. I've seen a couple of these guys listed in the 1st round. There's some great value still out there.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2013   #988
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I don't understand the QB's that are left on the board. I've seen a couple of these guys listed in the 1st round. There's some great value still out there.
The quarterbacks in this draft are just not good.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #989
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The quarterbacks in this draft are just not good.

I agree this is a down year for QB's but they're still QB's and they get overvalued regardless. I've seen Nassib and Glennon both listed in the 1st rounds of several professional mocks, not that the professionals are any better than we are. I think both of these guys will go in at least the 2nd round.
Old 04-02-2013   #990
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree this is a down year for QB's but they're still QB's and they get overvalued regardless. I've seen Nassib and Glennon both listed in the 1st rounds of several professional mocks, not that the professionals are any better than we are. I think both of these guys will go in at least the 2nd round.
I've seen ALOT of Glennon. If I were looking for a quarterback, I wouldn't take him before round 4. He's extremely inconsistent.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #991
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I've seen ALOT of Glennon. If I were looking for a quarterback, I wouldn't take him before round 4. He's extremely inconsistent.
I actually think Glennon is more consistent than Bray, Wilson, etc.
He's at least a solid back-up QB who played in a pro/WC system.
His ceiling might be higher than Schaub.
His forty time, 20SS, and 3-cone time are all better than Schaub.
Bigger arm, a hair more mobile (which doesn't say much), better footwork and delivery as a prospect.
He's already made all the throws at the collegiate level.

Just need to keep working to improve his game and his reads.
Old 04-02-2013   #992
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

8 105 Buffalo - Bong -

9 106 New York Jets - dsr23 -
10 107 Tennessee - SenorStan -
11 108 Carolina - HonoringEarl -
12 109 New Orleans - htownfan32 -
13 110 San Diego - WolverineFan -
14 111 Miami - TexansSeminole -
15 112 Tampa Bay - Ndevine7 -
16 113 St. Louis - RT22 -
17 114 Dallas - RockNRandy -
18 115 Pittsburgh - HonoringEarl -
19 116 New York Giants - htownfan32 -
20 117 Chicago - Dutchrudder -
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #993
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well, b0ng and the Bills haven't been here the last two days.
Should we start suggesting players for selection?
Anyone know what the Bills needs are? There's a couple QB's that are a good value down here and they might double up for insurance and value purposes like the Redskins did last year. Maybe some O-line help, Oday Aboushi, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner etc... Secondary help? Suggestions?
Old 04-02-2013   #994
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Anyone know what the Bills needs are? There's a couple QB's that are a good value down here and they might double up for insurance and value purposes like the Redskins did last year. Maybe some O-line help, Oday Aboushi, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner etc... Secondary help? Suggestions?
According to that post from their MB, they can use a LB like Kevin Reddick, but I guess QB is also a good choice.

Who do you have in mind?
Old 04-02-2013   #995
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nassib from Syracuse is a target for the Bills...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #996
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Bills draft so far:

8 8 Buffalo - Bong - Matt Barkley QB USC
10 41 Buffalo - Bong - Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
9 71 Buffalo - Bong - Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers
8 105 Buffalo - Bong -
10 143 Buffalo - Bong -
9 177 Buffalo - Bong -
Old 04-02-2013   #997
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Nassib from Syracuse is a target for the Bills...
Dang; I just read on their MB that they do like Nassib a lot.
Some even think that he won't last to their spot in the second round!
Old 04-02-2013   #998
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I vote Reddick, but I can change it to O-line.
Old 04-02-2013   #999
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's time to start talking about who Buffalo should be picking. Bong must have had an extended case of the munchies.

Nassib is my pick.

Competition for Barkley shouldn't be a bad thing. Nassib already knows the offense, kind like Tannehill did for the Dolphins last yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #1000
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
It's time to start talking about who Buffalo should be picking. Bong must have had an extended case of the munchies.

Nassib is my pick.

Competition for Barkley shouldn't be a bad thing. Nassib already knows the offense, kind like Tannehill did for the Dolphins last yr.
The Cards have had a field day fixing their OL in this draft. Palmer should get the protection he needs behind this OL. The Cards would like to do a trade to recoup their 7th rd pick. They are short on depth at other positions. They also got my #1 rated QB, Bray, he can improve his footwork and learn about the game sitting behind Palmer for a couple of yrs.

Rd.1 Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Rd.2 Larry Warford, OG Kentucky
Rd.3 Tyler Bray, QB Tennessee
Rd.4 Brian Schwenke, C California

The Cards add 3 ten yr starters to their OL. An OL of

Johnson/Warford/Schwenke/Massie/Brown with Potter as the swing tackle makes Palmer/Fitz/Mendenhall look great. No more of the crap that was the OL last yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read