Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-01-2013   #861
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I second WolverineFan, Bernard would be an absolute steal. Michael Turner is old and Bernard is much better than Jacquizz Rodgers.
I thought maybe corrosion will consider him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #862
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I second WolverineFan, Bernard would be an absolute steal. Michael Turner is old and Bernard is much better than Jacquizz Rodgers.
Turner was cut, and they signed Stephen Jackson. SJax is old though, so this could be a good pick now.
Old 04-01-2013   #863
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They cut Turner and signed Steven Jackson but the point remains the same.

Jackson has a year or two left at best and Quiz, while a great player, is limited. Bernard would be a great pick here because he could learn behind Jackson and eventually replace him. Not to mention his skill set fits this offense perfectly. He would give the run game the explosion that it has not had for quite some time.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #864
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep

Just send me your top 2.
Sent

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #865
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Texans consider him if he lasts.
Old 04-01-2013   #866
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I thought maybe corrosion will consider him.
I can see us in real life going for RB later in the draft, but if Bernard is here, I would consider drafting him to eventually take over for Ben Tate.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #867
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Bills getting Kolb
OAK getting Flynn
ARZ trading for Palmer
KC getting Smith
CLE signing Campbell and having Weeden
Is there a chance Geno slips to HOU and if he did would they take him?

Jags could take him at #2
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2013   #868
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Bills getting Kolb
OAK getting Flynn
ARZ trading for Palmer
KC getting Smith

Doesn't mean one or two of those teams won't take a QB in the first.
Old 04-01-2013   #869
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Bills getting Kolb
OAK getting Flynn
ARZ trading for Palmer
KC getting Smith

I think the Jags will take him, but they could opt to suck for another year to maybe have a shot at the Johnny Manziel-Teddy Bridgewater-Tajh Boyd lottery.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #870
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Looks like Falcons fans want a NT/DT or a SAM (or 34 SILB).

NT/DT:
Montori Hughes, Jordan Hill, T J Barnes, Kwame Geathers

Also, check out mussop lists:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99429
Old 04-01-2013   #871
76Texan
Hall of Fame

And then again:

NFL Mock Draft 2013: Falcons select Giovani Bernard

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2013/2/2...-draft-falcons

Quote:
In SB Nation's latest mock draft by Matthew Fairburn, the Atlanta Falcons are selecting North Carolina Tar Heels running back Giovani Bernard with the No. 30 overall pick.
Old 04-01-2013   #872
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There's an OLB I'm looking at for the Cards so I'm going to sit this pick out.

No NT is worth taking. IMHO

With McClure retiring C is also a position of need.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #873
76Texan
Hall of Fame

At 11:00 A.M., if b0ng doesn't show up, please put your nomination up for consideration, thank you.
Old 04-01-2013   #874
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
There's an OLB I'm looking at for the Cards so I'm going to sit this pick out.

No NT is worth taking. IMHO

With McClure retiring C is also a position of need.
I thought Peter Kontz was drafted for that???
Old 04-01-2013   #875
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I pm'd my picks for the Chiefs to 76Texan, in case it gets to me and I'm still at work.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #876
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I pm'd my picks for the Chiefs to 76Texan, in case it gets to me and I'm still at work.
Got it! Thanks!
Old 04-01-2013   #877
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And then again:

NFL Mock Draft 2013: Falcons select Giovani Bernard

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2013/2/2...-draft-falcons
Bernard ahead of Montee Ball? If I was picking a RB I would pick Ball over Bernard...

They signed Steven Jackson to replace Turner...but how much does he have left in the tank?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #878
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be out the rest of the day , PM'd my picks at 95 to SteelB ....

Gone fishin.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #879
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Bernard ahead of Montee Ball? If I was picking a RB I would pick Ball over Bernard...

They signed Steven Jackson to replace Turner...but how much does he have left in the tank?
OK, I'll bite. Two votes for Ball.
To be honest, I don't study the RBs too much, so I really can't compare the two of them.

If you follow the No Spin Zone, notice that I used "to", "too", and "two" in the same sentence, LOL!
Old 04-01-2013   #880
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'll be out the rest of the day , PM'd my picks at 95 to SteelB ....

Gone fishin.
On a Monday?
Must be nice!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read