Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-31-2013   #821
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
No complain from me here; just want to talk about stretegy.
Rodgers and Dobson are both big receivers, why not go with a guy with top end speed here instead?
Kinda what I was thinking , but oh well . My in hindsight would have been WR , Jesse Williams , and two out of these 5 ( Faulk OT , Escobar TE , Bostic ILB , Gooden ILB Webb DB ) .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #822
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
To me it's not just about filling needs it's about upgrading talent or getting diverse .
Yep Talent should trump need,

Corrosion did that when he picked Aaron Dobson, he's big fast has good hands, easliy a steal in the 3rd rd. Schaub finally has weapons, WR position should be in good hands for the next 10 yrs or so.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #823
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Guess I'll go with the highest rated player remaining on my board ....

Pick #89 Aaron Dobson - WR Marshall.

I'll have to reshuffle the deck after this one but the value is tough to pass up , he will likely be a 2nd round pick and the Texans are very weak at the position. Its #80 and a buncha nuttin. Getting Rodgers and Marshall addsa lot of talent.
Great pick,

Doubling up at WR with a talent like Dobson is very smart. The offense just improved in rds 1-3. Real talent, great draft so far.
Old 03-31-2013   #824
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep Talent should trump need,

Corrosion did that when he picked Aaron Dobson, he's big fast has good hands, easliy a steal in the 3rd rd. Schaub finally has weapons, WR position should be in good hands for the next 10 yrs or so.
The funny thing is Schaub might be long gone by the time these young Wrs ripen . The Texans have been putting this off for awhile .

It's good that there's still 3 ILBs , a couple of tall TEs , and more .

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #825
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No complain from me here; just want to talk about stretegy.
Rodgers and Dobson are both big receivers, why not go with a guy with top end speed here instead?
Dobson is plenty fast.
Old 03-31-2013   #826
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm here. Once i figure out who is available I will make my pick.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #827
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The funny thing is Schaub might be long gone by the time these young Wrs ripen . The Texans have been putting this off for awhile .

It's good that there's still 3 ILBs , a couple of tall TEs , and more .
I realy wanted an OLB with that pick .... but after I realized that the guy I had pegged was gone and none of the others graded out .... it was easy to take Dobson who I have rated in the 40's overall with the 89th selection. Also , all the OT's would have been a reach .... and there are several ILB's who should be on the board in rounds 4-5.

As for taking two big reciervers .... they are both also fast and great route runners with outstanding hands. Rodgers likely is a top 10 pick , the first WR off the board without his baggage. Schaub desperately needed weapons - He has them in spades now.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2013   #828
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, it came down to a few interior lineman but I am going to go with the nastiest of them. With the 91st pick in the TT Mock Draft, The New England Patriots select, Brian Winters OG Kent State.

30 92 Atlanta - Bong, you are on the clock.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #829
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013reader_1.php

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #830
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One with a solid floor; one with potential.

Best of both world = Keenan Allen
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #831
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
One with a solid floor; one with potential.

Best of both world = Keenan Allen
Yep ... just a chance to participate .

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #832
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's the No. 27 Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft?
Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Matt Elam, S, Florida
Johnathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State
DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

Man I really hope we trade down. Really I would be happy with any of these guys. Hunter is the only one I would really question out of that list.
Old 03-31-2013   #833
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Who's the No. 27 Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft?
Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Matt Elam, S, Florida
Johnathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State
DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

Man I really hope we trade down. Really I would be happy with any of these guys. Hunter is the only one I would really question out of that list.
Somebody would really have to want one of them to trade .

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #834
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The talent level seems really flat from ~25-60. I think it would be really difficult to move back.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-31-2013   #835
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Dobson is plenty fast.
Rodgers ran a 4.50 and Dobson a 4.53 ... both plenty fast.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-31-2013   #836
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Rodgers ran a 4.50 and Dobson a 4.53 ... both plenty fast.
Dobson hit a 4.42 at his pro day .

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #837
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
The talent level seems really flat from ~25-60. I think it would be really difficult to move back.
Unless that OT from FSU is coveted .

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #838
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Unless that OT from FSU is coveted .
You have Armstead and Watson (the FSU OT) who could go in that part of the draft .... Bakhtiari , Quessenberry and Mills arent far behind those two either.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-31-2013   #839
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
You have Armstead and Watson (the FSU OT) who could go in that part of the draft .... Bakhtiari , Quessenberry and Mills arent far behind those two either.
What if the 49ers really liked somebody at 27 ?

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #840
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What about someone moving up from the second round to our spot to take a QB? I can see that happening.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read