Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-30-2013   #801
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
How about Gavin Escobar, TE or Chris Faulk OT LSU
Those would be good picks.

If I was the GM there's no question who I would pick.

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas. He's much better than given credit for, look at his healthy Jr yr. The Texans have other needs, but a top notch QB is at the top of the list.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #802
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 106690 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas. He's much better than given credit for, look at his healthy Jr yr. The Texans have other needs, but a top notch QB is at the top of the list.
My pick also.

Or zack Dysert next round
Old 03-30-2013   #803
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Being that they have two picks in the 3rd , you can get two of them . Then you have Bostic waiting around also .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #804
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd agree with taking a QB pick next year (2014), someone to sit for a year behind Schaub and learn, and I also think that next year will be a better QB class thus better talent to choose from. I just think picking a guy from a subpar class to sit for 2 yrs. behind Schaub is a wasted pick when there are other holes to be filled.

I like HE34 suggestion of Escobar, good player, but again think there are bigger needs than 3rd string TE in the 3rd round. I think a high pick next year on TE after OD is a FA, Graham moves up on the depth chart and there's a much bigger need to fill with a TE in the 2nd round maybe. I'd just rather take a quality CB, Safety, or OG that will be good quality depth in 2013 and probable starter in 2014.

I guess we'll just wait and see what Corrosion will do with his pick.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #805
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213653 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Since Blake stole my pick I'm going

Green Bay selects
• Vance McDonald TE Rice

More weapons for Rodgers. Just to good to pass up at this point.
He was my target here ..... good choice. On to plan B.

Oick #89 - Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #806
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

If Reed is moved to ILB this is a very good pick. I like his size and speed for the position and the fact he's an SEC product. Good haul for the Texans so far.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #807
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213653 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
If Reed is moved to ILB this is a very good pick. I like his size and speed for the position and the fact he's an SEC product. Good haul for the Texans so far.
Even if Reed stays outside , they have no depth at the position as Mercilus will likely start on the other side. Right now Braman is the only other OLB on the roster other than a couple PS guy's. There arent many guy's left with this combination of size and speed left in the talent pool. After Vance McDonald went off the board , this was pretty much a no brainer.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2013   #808
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 106690 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My pick also.

Or zack Dysert next round
Let me clarify. Wilson or Dysert would be my pick for the TEXANS. I came real close to picking Wilson for GB but couldn't pass up Vance McDonald.
Old 03-31-2013   #809
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

He's already been picked. # 67 Phili
Old 03-31-2013   #810
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea, I took him with Philly pretty high. Not many 3-4 OLbers left, that's part of the reason I drafted him so high for Philly. I have been following Lemonier since he came highly recruited out of Florida high school, I think he has a chance to be special.

No rush. We've made excellent time so far and are in a weekend period.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 03-31-2013 at 08:32 AM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #811
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ah crap , I didnt see him on the list .... I'll go back to the drawing board , time for plan C.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-31-2013   #812
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'd agree with taking a QB pick next year (2014), someone to sit for a year behind Schaub and learn, and I also think that next year will be a better QB class thus better talent to choose from. I just think picking a guy from a subpar class to sit for 2 yrs. behind Schaub is a wasted pick when there are other holes to be filled.

I like HE34 suggestion of Escobar, good player, but again think there are bigger needs than 3rd string TE in the 3rd round. I think a high pick next year on TE after OD is a FA, Graham moves up on the depth chart and there's a much bigger need to fill with a TE in the 2nd round maybe. I'd just rather take a quality CB, Safety, or OG that will be good quality depth in 2013 and probable starter in 2014.

I guess we'll just wait and see what Corrosion will do with his pick.
To me it's not just about filling needs it's about upgrading talent or getting diverse .

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #813
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Ah crap , I didnt see him on the list .... I'll go back to the drawing board , time for plan C.
You have two picks pretty quick .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #814
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Guess I'll go with the highest rated player remaining on my board ....

Pick #89 Aaron Dobson - WR Marshall.

I'll have to reshuffle the deck after this one but the value is tough to pass up , he will likely be a 2nd round pick and the Texans are very weak at the position. Its #80 and a buncha nuttin. Getting Rodgers and Marshall addsa lot of talent.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 03-31-2013   #815
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

I'll have to reshuffle the deck after this one but the value is tough to pass up , he will likely be a 2nd round pick and the Texans are very weak at the position. Its #80 and a buncha nuttin. Getting Rodgers and Marshall addsa lot of talent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc

Round Dan
Old 03-31-2013   #816
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Denver Broncos select....

Marcus Lattimore RB-South Carolina

Somebody is going to take Lattimore in the first 3 rounds after his latest workout had scouts buzzing. Mcgahee is old and Moreno is OK...Hilman is JAG.

Adrian Peterson's unbelievable recovery and Dr Andrews "shock the world" comment have me thinking that Lattimore will be ready. He will be an elite back in the NFL and 3rd round is a steal.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #817
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
The Denver Broncos select....

Marcus Lattimore RB-South Carolina

Somebody is going to take Lattimore in the first 3 rounds after his latest workout had scouts buzzing. Mcgahee is old and Moreno is OK...Hilman is JAG.

Adrian Peterson's unbelievable recovery and Dr Andrews "shock the world" comment have me thinking that Lattimore will be ready. He will be an elite back in the NFL and 3rd round is a steal.
That's a good pick. He's got more natural ability than just about any RB in this draft.

Quote:

Corrosion, you keep picking guys that I don't get to watch very often! I have seen Dobson play a few times though and liked what I saw from him. I actually like him more than Terrance Williams from Baylor.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #818
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
That's a good pick. He's got more natural ability than just about any RB in this draft.

Corrosion, you keep picking guys that I don't get to watch very often! I have seen Dobson play a few times though and liked what I saw from him. I actually like him more than Terrance Williams from Baylor.
He's a very good player, no doubt.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #819
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No complain from me here; just want to talk about stretegy.
Rodgers and Dobson are both big receivers, why not go with a guy with top end speed here instead?
Old 03-31-2013   #820
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Next up:

29 91 New England - Coon

30 92 Atlanta - Bong
31 93 San Francisco - Wolverine Fan
32 94 Baltimore - Rock-N-Randy
33 95 Houston - Corrosion
34 96 Kansas City - Wolf 6151
35 97 Tennessee - Senor Stan

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read