Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-30-2013   #781
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Bahktiari is more of an OG prospect.

*They could use OG & OT though so Bahtiari not a bad pick.
I have him as a 4th rounder at best. He's not as good as Brandon Brooks.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #782
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I know this is a slight reach but I like Kwame Geathers.

Huge guy that has his best yrs ahead of him. His dad, uncle and brother all play/played in the NFL.
They need a push up the middle .
Old 03-30-2013   #783
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
They need a push up the middle .
Frank Okam 2.0 = 5-6th round
Old 03-30-2013   #784
76Texan
Hall of Fame

We just need one vote to break the multi-way tie, LOL.

Whoever casts the deciding vote, please announce the selection and update the draft order list please.
Old 03-30-2013   #785
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm still trying to catch up .

I do think Stills fits in with the Seahawks .

Is *David Bahktiari OT Colorado still there ?
I'm changing my vote to Bahktiari.

Am I the swing vote?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #786
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm changing my vote to Bahktiari.

Am I the swing vote?
With The Seahawks taking Harvin , OL is their biggest priority . Now 76 says that no OL rate that high . You could take the highest rated player which is a QB cause their trying to shop Flynn .
Old 03-30-2013   #787
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With The Seahawks taking Harvin , OL is their biggest priority . Now 76 says that no OL rate that high . You could take the highest rated player which is a QB cause their trying to shop Flynn .
True

Tyler Wilson repesents great value at this point in the 3rd rd.
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2013   #788
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
True

Tyler Wilson repesents great value at this point in the 3rd rd.
http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SEA
Old 03-30-2013   #789
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Who's the pick?

You make the pick Earl.
Old 03-30-2013   #790
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Who's the pick?

You make the pick Earl.
I would go with David Bahktiari OT Colorado . QBs are dropping so there will be one later . A mobile QB at that so you don't have to change much if Wilson gets hurt .
Old 03-30-2013   #791
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would go with David Bahktiari OT Colorado . QBs are dropping so there will be one later . A mobile QB at that so you don't have to change much if Wilson gets hurt .
I would second this
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #792
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
I would second this
Bahktiari it is.
Old 03-30-2013   #793
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

So the seattle seahawks get Bahktiari.

Mussop and the packers are up...
Old 03-30-2013   #794
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Blake stole my pick I'm going

Green Bay selects
• Vance McDonald TE Rice

More weapons for Rodgers. Just to good to pass up at this point.
Old 03-30-2013   #795
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

Green Bay selects
• Vance McDonald TE Rice

Great Pick,

I was hoping McDonald would fall to the Cards in the 4th rd.
Old 03-30-2013   #796
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

Green Bay selects
• Vance McDonald TE Rice

Man, nice pick. That Packers offense would be ridiculous.

WR - Nelson, Cobb, Hopkins, Jones
TE - Finley, McDonald

Not even fair. I love the Barrett Jones pick to stabilize up front as well.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #797
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Texans are up again.....who would you all like to see in this spot? DT and WR are 1 and 2...ILB...DB....or....perhaps.....QB?
Old 03-30-2013   #798
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

For ILB, Kiko Alonso and Jonathan Bostic are good value in this round. For QB... I'm surprised Tyler Wilson has fallen this far. QB is not a need, though, and I feel like it'd be a waste of a third rounder that we could use to plug a hole or add depth elsewhere.

For DBs... Safeties Phillip Thomas and Bacarri Rambo. Rambo's got some issues (suspensions) and Thomas had a nasty injury a while back, but the idea of both under Ed Reed's tutelage makes for an enticing prospect. BW Webb is a good CB prospect here too. Logan Ryan as well, but Ryan did have a disappointing combine. However, he looks good in man-to-man.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #799
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to agree with htf32, a QB this season is a wasted pick that we could spend on another position. It's not a good QB class and with Schaubs new contract I think he's here for another 2 yrs. minimum. I think this would be a great place to address either the secondary or the O-line. The secondary because these players need at least a year of seasoning before seeing the field, we need current depth, JJo is going to get alot more expensive very soon and could be a cap hit soon especially with the massive contract coming to JJ Watt soon, and we have to start preparing for the 2014 season. The same reasoning can be used for the O-line. There's good O-line players in the 3rd, we need current depth, and a replacement for Wade Smith in 2014. I'd prefer a guy that can play OT and OG but at the very least a quality athletic OG.

I'd go for Alvin Bailey-OG here, current quality depth, and takes W. Smith place at LG in 2014.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 03-30-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #800
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

How about Gavin Escobar, TE or Chris Faulk OT LSU

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 03-30-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read