Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Well, I'm glad you're back SM.

haha I guess I just really love the draft so I will help steelb and company out. Ive been away for quite awhile, I just cant handle arguing in this forum format all the freaking time. Anyways, back to the show.

haha I guess I just really love the draft so I will help steelb and company out. Ive been away for quite awhile, I just cant handle arguing in this forum format all the freaking time. Anyways, back to the show.

I'm sure we can get this moving quickly with everybody chipping in.
It's good to have the "pros" manning it.
You guys just tell me what you want me to do.

Should we set a deadline for closing "registration"?
I can take on a team or two if needed, but like I said, I will be happy to sit
out and let somebody has a go at it.

Draft starts Monday 7 AM. Wolf 6151 is on the clock. I know he works nights and may be asleep at 7am. So he can PM the pick if he needs too.

What the hell are the Brownies going to do without you? They're going to hell in a hand basket for sure.

I think they will be much better off, I haven't been following the draft prospects all that much this year. I wouldn't be much use beyond the 3rd round.

I think they will be much better off, I haven't been following the draft prospects all that much this year. I wouldn't be much use beyond the 3rd round.

Kinda the same thing here but I missed it last season so I'm going to take some time, from somewhere, and participate this time.

So do we post our picks here, or in the TT Mock Draft signup page?

I'm going with the obvious pick Luke Joeckel-OT from up the road a bit. Just like the real draft since I'm first I can be premature and sign my guy early with Monopoly money. Not having a 2nd round pick is going to suck though.

1. The Kansas City Chiefs select Luke Joeckel-OT.

Last edited:

I'm going with the obvious pick Luke Joeckel-OT from up the road a bit. Just like the real draft since I'm first I can be premature and sign my guy early with Monopoly money. Not having a 2nd round pick is going to suck though.

For the time being, let just say that Steelb is available early in the morning and I will take over the mid-shift before he relieves me in the afternoon.
Blake and Texan4Ever are kind enough to help; I only help with the time, as I think I have that the most.
We will have plenty of helps from the folks you've noticed in different posts and threads.
I wanted to offer help last year, but I figured they didn't need me.

At any rate, please have your says about anything.

The reason I want to exclude myself from the mock draft is solely because I think I can be of help in any other capacity, no matter where the calling is from.

I have enjoyed the mock drafts for a few years now even though I was never a participant.

I appreciated the works of people who made it possible

So let's have some fun!

You know what; I was thinking about this.
I thought it would be neat if each of the participant creates a separate thread about "their team".

I think it will be a good excercise for many of us to learn about different teams without having to spend too much individual efforts.

Personally; I would love too. There's just not enough time in the day though.

1. The Kansas City Chiefs select Luke Joeckel-OT.

Blake, you're up next with the Jaguars and the #2 pick.

Srono and the Raiders, please get ready with the #3 pick.

I didn't think we were starting till Monday? No matter, did my research on the Giants. This is going to be interesting.

As I understand it the draft does begin 7am Monday morning. In the spirit of the draft I made my selection early because I was #1 and just like a real team with the first selection that will sometimes sign their selection to a contract a day or 2 before the draft.

Jags take Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

He will sit this year while Gabbert sinks or swims. But new head coach gets his new QB to grow with.

hi-res-155371382_crop_exact.jpg

Jags take Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

He will sit this year while Gabbert sinks or swims. But new head coach gets his new QB to grow with.

hi-res-155371382_crop_exact.jpg

Will the Jags pull this move in real life?
I think they will, but they might trade down a few spots !?!?

They have to beat the eagles for him. While I doubt the eagles will move up to take Geno, I heard rumors the owner wants him. If someone else wants him they'll have to jump in front of 4

They have to beat the eagles for him. While I doubt the eagles will move up to take Geno, I heard rumors the owner wants him. If someone else wants him they'll have to jump in front of 4

So if the Jags want Geno, they have to take him at #2, correct?

Otherwise, they can shop their #2 pick and find another QB later on.

Perhaps, they can deal with the Eagles and gouge them out of a 6th rounder or so to swap places?

So if the Jags want Geno, they have to take him at #2, correct?

Otherwise, they can shop their #2 pick and find another QB later on.

Perhaps, they can deal with the Eagles and gouge them out of a 6th rounder or so to swap places?

It would take more than a 6th To move up. Look at what the Browns paid last year to move from 4 to 3. I think it was a 4th 6th and 7th.

It would take more than a 6th To move up. Look at what the Browns paid last year to move from 4 to 3. I think it was a 4th 6th and 7th.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

Who did they select at #3?

LOL, I might go looking for the answer right now; I'm just curious to know your take why they did that?

As the new Buffalo GM my first order of business is to cut Mario Williams. . .

. . . What do you mean this is draft only?

The Raiders probably need to trade down to accumulate more picks.
But who am I to argue with the sheriff.

With the 4th pick, the Eagles select...

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama.

The Eagles lost DRC and Nnamdi, return only Brandon Boykin at CB. They added C. Williams from Baltimore but I see him as a #2 corner, far from elite. They also picked up Fletcher but he is mostly for depth. Milliner gives them a corner who could develop into one of the better corners in the league.

Thought about going tackle here, but the Eagles are getting J. Peters back from injury and I couldn't leave the Eagles in the situation they are in at corner.

First, screw you TexanSeminole, you took my pick! :)

Anyone know who 45 Suof is? Couldn't find him in the members list for Detroit.

First, screw you TexanSeminole, you took my pick! :)

Anyone know who 45 Suof is? Couldn't find him in the members list for Detroit.

There's a 45souf, whom I had PMed right after I PMed Seminole.

Hopefully, he'll answer the bell soon.

This might be the first wait we encounter!?!?

Hey technically it still doesn't start til Monday at 7am, but I'm glad we're getting an early start.

Hey technically it still doesn't start til Monday at 7am, but I'm glad we're getting an early start.

Oh I realize that; I'm not on anybody case anyhow, LOL!

I forgot to add NO TRADES in this mock.

Should I add the picks to the draft board, even though the draft doesn't technically start until Monday?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I enter the picks that have been made, even though the draft doesn't technically start until Monday?

I will update the status as soon as I can on the Lions' GM.

If he backs out, I will make a pick for him unless somebody wants to take over the Lions?

If I do pick for the Lions, it will be very quickly.
The next two spots will also be done with rather quickly, so b0ng, you'd better be ready. Your turn might come up as early as 7:15-7:30 A.M. on Monday.

BTW, if you guys have your pick ready, just let me or Steelb know about your intention early (you don't have to tell us the pick.)

This way, I can put up the alert for those who are near the slot so they can get ready; hopefully, that will speed up the process.

Hey guys; what do you normally do (previous years) when several picks were chosen quickly?

The team that was on the clock may not be available because the GM didn't expect his time would come so soon.

What do we do?

Paging 45souf; please come to the Moc Draft Section.

Dude has 1 post .... No activity in two days. Probably should have limited signups to people with a history on the forums , reputable members.

His was the only name on the signup list I didnt recognize .... If he doesnt answer soon , might look to get someone else to handle that team.

Dude has 1 post .... No activity in two days. Probably should have limited signups to people with a history on the forums , reputable members.

His was the only name on the signup list I didnt recognize .... If he doesnt answer soon , might look to get someone else to handle that team.

I know; but I guess we'll be patient.

If nobody wants to take over the spot, I will handle it.
If anybody wants it, please claim the Lions at any time (if 45 doesn't show up) even after I take receivership of the spot.

We have already done that. 76 will take the Lions unless somebody else wants them. I will give the noobie until 11AM.
texans4ever start putting your thinking cap on.

It's too bad some posters try to ruin this, I didn't know how to tell the noobie he wasn't welcome. I guess I learned my lesson. 9My inner ********* should've made an appearance. LOL)

We have already done that. 76 will take the Lions unless somebody else wants them. I will give the noobie until 11AM.
texans4ever start putting your thinking cap on.

It's too bad some posters try to ruin this, I didn't know how to tell the noobie he wasn't welcome. I guess I learned my lesson. 9My inner ********* should've made an appearance. LOL)

Texan4Ever already got his guy lined-up; so does b0ng.

Come 11:00 A.M.and there will be several picks off the board quickly.

Please have your picks ready, peeps.

Guys; also if you would like to receive an e-mail notification when your turn comes up; feel free to PM me.

I'll be ready when colts are on the clock...hopefully
Good to know!

Also, I think it will be useful if the GMs announce their intention whether they will be quick with their selection or not.
That way, others can get ready sooner.

Any suggestion welcomed.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

Who did they select at #3?

LOL, I might go looking for the answer right now; I'm just curious to know your take why they did that?

Actually it was "According to ESPN and FOX Sports, the Vikings have swapped spots with Cleveland, giving the Browns the 3rd pick for the 4th. The Vikings also receive 3 other picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds."

That's a lot to give to move up just one spot. The situation was Luck, RG3, then the Vikings were expected to take LT Kalil, but Tampa was trying to trade up to get Trent Richardson. So the Browns paid a bit of a premium to ensure they got TR. You have to think that if a team needs to trade up there is another team wanting to do so as well, and that escalates the price. If the Eagles want Geno at 2, I'm sure the Jags will work out a deal with them, but it will probably cost at least a 3rd.

Actually it was "According to ESPN and FOX Sports, the Vikings have swapped spots with Cleveland, giving the Browns the 3rd pick for the 4th. The Vikings also receive 3 other picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds."

That's a lot to give to move up just one spot. The situation was Luck, RG3, then the Vikings were expected to take LT Kalil, but Tampa was trying to trade up to get Trent Richardson. So the Browns paid a bit of a premium to ensure they got TR. You have to think that if a team needs to trade up there is another team wanting to do so as well, and that escalates the price. If the Eagles want Geno at 2, I'm sure the Jags will work out a deal with them, but it will probably cost at least a 3rd.

No wonder the Browns suck, LOL!

Back