Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-29-2013   #641
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Demolished, LOL!
Not even kidding. I made a 5-man list yesterday in case we didn't get to my pick I would PM it before I left for work. Woke up this morning and every single of one those guys was gone.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #642
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the clock at 9:15 A.M.

32 62 Baltimore - Rock-N-Randy

Round 3:

1 63 Kansas City - Wolf 6151 (pick is in)
2 64 Jacksonville - Blake
3 65 Detroit - 76Texan
4 66 Oakland - srrono
5 67 Philadelphia - Texans Seminole
6 68 Cleveland - Texan4Ever
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #643
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like him a lot; was hoping that he will last until our third.
I was targeting a few different positions with this pick, but when Jesse Williams was picked I knew I had to pull the trigger. NT is just not as deep as the other positions and Williams has versatility and pass rushing ability.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #644
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Not even kidding. I made a 5-man list yesterday in case we didn't get to my pick I would PM it before I left for work. Woke up this morning and every single of one those guys was gone.
You've got a nice big board then.
Old 03-29-2013   #645
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was targeting a few different positions with this pick, but when Jesse Williams was picked I knew I had to pull the trigger. NT is just not as deep as the other positions and Williams has versatility and pass rushing ability.
I like his upside; I don't consider it's a reach at this spot.
If the Texans decide to take him in the second, I'd say it's a reach, but I would be OK with the risk.
Old 03-29-2013   #646
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Soooooo. . . .

I made that Taylor pick while I was not very sober. I'm not very sure why I picked him over a couple other CB's (Mostly that one dude with the messed up spelled name. Bledhi something).

Was that a proper pick I don't even know lol. I'm pretty sure I picked that guy cause I went through google images to decide who to pick rather than by normal things like height/weight/40 time.
Old 03-29-2013   #647
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

The world champion Baltimore Ravens select in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft...

Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

Baltimore needs a do it all guy
Swope is a 3 level WR with 4.3 speed and reliable hands
Not as aggressive as Boldin but a willing blocker and a blue collar WR that will fit in nice with flacco rice and smith

Swope can be wide and inside the slot
He can go deep or intermediate or take a screen the distance

This is almost like a 3rd round pick
I do believe Swope is a 2nd round grade prospect
He is worthy of this pick

Protect Flacco, now give him weapons
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2013   #648
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Soooooo. . . .

I made that Taylor pick while I was not very sober. I'm not very sure why I picked him over a couple other CB's (Mostly that one dude with the messed up spelled name. Bledhi something).

Was that a proper pick I don't even know lol. I'm pretty sure I picked that guy cause I went through google images to decide who to pick rather than by normal things like height/weight/40 time.
Make a swap quickly if you're going to do it.
Old 03-29-2013   #649
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Round 2 has concluded, here are the results:

1 33 Jacksonville - Blake - Alex Okafor DE Texas
2 34 San Francisco - Wolverine Fan - Datone Jones DE UCLA
3 35 Philadelphia - Texans Seminole - Johnathan Jenkins NT Georgia
4 36 Detroit - 76Texan - Sam Montgomery DE LSU
5 37 Cincinnati - Corrosion - Arthur Brown LB Kansas St.
6 38 Arizona - Steel B Texan - Larry Warford OG Kentucky
8 39 New York Jets - dsr 23 - T.J. McDonald S USC
9 40 Tennessee - Senor Stan - Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
10 41 Buffalo - Bong - Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
11 42 Miami - Texans Seminole - Tank Carradine OLB Florida State
12 43 Tampa Bay - Ndevine7 - Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
13 44 Carolina - Honoring Earl - Kyle Long OT Oregon
15 45 San Diego - Wolverine Fan - Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
16 46 St. Louis - RT22 - Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
17 47 Dallas - Rock-N-Randy - Jamie Collins LB Southern Mississippi
18 48 Pittsburgh - Honoring Earl - Jonathan Hankins DT Ohio State
19 49 New York Giants - htownfan32 - Terron Armstead OT Arkansas Pine Bluff
20 50 Chicago - Dutchrudder - Justin Pugh OG Syracuse*
21 51 Washington - Steel B Texan - David Amerson CB NC State
22 52 Minnesota - NC Texan - Sylvester Williams DT UNC
23 53 Cincinnati - Corrosion - Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
24 54 Miami - Texans Seminole - Darius Slay CB Ole Miss
25 55 Green Bay - Mussop - Barrett Jones C Alabama
26 56 Seattle - Blake - Zach Ertz TE Stanford
27 57 Houston - Corrosion - Da'Rick Rodgers WR Tennessee Tech
28 58 Denver - Senor Stan - Jesse Williams DT Alabama
29 59 New England - Coon - Robert Woods WR USC
30 60 Atlanta - Bong - Jamar Taylor CB Boise State
31 61 San Francisco - Wolverine Fan - Brandon Williams NT Missouri
32 62 Baltimore - Rock-N-Randy - Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M

Round 3:

1 63 Kansas City - Wolf 6151
3 65 Detroit - 76Texan
4 66 Oakland - srrono
7 69 Arizona - Steel B Texan
Old 03-29-2013   #650
76Texan
Hall of Fame

With pick 63 in the 3rd round, the Chiefs select WR Quinton Patton.
Old 03-29-2013   #651
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Make a swap quickly if you're going to do it.
Good with it. He seems legit.

Anyways I pm'd my draft board for the Bills, I doubt I'll be around to make the pick in a timely fashion. As soon as it's my turn go ahead and make the pick.
Old 03-29-2013   #652
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Definite run on DTs. Probably the most of any position group in this mock. Kind of like the real draft will go...one position will start getting snapped up. Especially with how evenly the talent is distributed through the early to mid rounds.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #653
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Good with it. He seems legit.

Anyways I pm'd my draft board for the Bills, I doubt I'll be around to make the pick in a timely fashion. As soon as it's my turn go ahead and make the pick.
Will do.
Old 03-29-2013   #654
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Definite run on DTs. Probably the most of any position group in this mock. Kind of like the real draft will go...one position will start getting snapped up. Especially with how evenly the talent is distributed through the early to mid rounds.
Thanks to the Texans.
Old 03-29-2013   #655
76Texan
Hall of Fame

On the clock at 10:30 A.M.

*** notified by email.

3 65 Detroit - 76Texan (pick ready)
4 66 Oakland - srrono (currently on line)
7 69 Arizona - Steel B Texan

Last edited by 76Texan; 03-29-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-29-2013   #656
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags take Tyrann Mathieu, CB, L.S.U

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #657
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Jags take Tyrann Mathieu, CB, L.S.U

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have a feeling he's gonna be gone soon; I considered him for the Lions as well - along with a couple of other guys.
Old 03-29-2013   #658
76Texan
Hall of Fame

With pick #65, the Lions select Robert Alford, CB, S.E. Louisiana.
Old 03-29-2013   #659
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With pick 63 in the 3rd round, the Chiefs select WR Quinton Patton.
Nice pick, He was my target in the 2nd, until Robert Woods fell into my lap.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #660
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Robert Alford notched a 4.39 at the combine, to go along with a 40" vertical and 132" in the broad jump.
20SS: 4.23; 3-cone: 6.89; bench: 17.
He measured in at 5'10, 188lbs.

STRENGTHS Possesses adequate height and sufficient upper-body strength to play outside in the NFL. Consistently competitive at the line in press coverage and downfield on jump balls, even against larger receivers. Has fluid hips and quick feet to open up and run down the sideline, as well as a smooth backpedal to maintain cushion. Stays low in man off the snap to mirror his target's route. Aware zone defender who sees and attacks the underneath route. Good closing speed to the receiver when playing off, usually finishes the tackle. Flashes quickness to avoid blocks in the run game, brings some attitude to ride down running backs. Used in the slot, primarily as a blitzer because of his speed and tenacity. Shows ball skills, vertical, and concentration to snatch throws in front of or over the top of his man, and can make the easy catch as a center fielder in zone.

WEAKNESS - Run Support/Tackling

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read