Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TT Mock Draft

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Now that all of the compensatory picks have been announced it's time for the TT mock draft. Super Mario usually runs the draft but hasn't been on the MB in a while. He had Mod privileges.

Who would be interested in running the TT mock draft. I dont have time or inclination to do the job?

I'm in, if I can't get the Texans then I'll take Kansas City, and hell no to running it. I don't have the time or patience for it.

I'll take whoever I get assign
Love to participate but no to running it
I (with a lot of help) run HTMB member and I have one coming up April 1st

I can help run the draft if somebody runs the show and tell me what to do as I've never done it before.

Normally, I have time, but usually I can't spare Saturday during day time.

I can help run the draft if somebody runs the show and tell me what to do as I've never done it before.

FWIW, weekends are traditionally down days (unless players involved are willing to make picks, in which case mod would update on Monday).

I will run the draft if I can get 2-3 people to help. Also I will need a list of what the selectoin order and admin privilges to sticky the draft itself with cimments and a separate thread to display picks that have been made for rds 1-7. How would I get these privileges?

I will run the draft if I can get 2-3 people to help. Also I will need a list of what the selectoin order and admin privilges to sticky the draft itself with cimments and a separate thread to display picks that have been made for rds 1-7. How would I get these privileges?

Talk to Cak or Hookem.

I thought about volunteering but my "free time" is so eratic , sometimes early , others very late at night .... I just wouldnt be a good choice.

Looks like you get to be the fearless leader this go round! :slapfight:

Talk to Cak or Hookem.

I thought about volunteering but my "free time" is so eratic , sometimes early , others very late at night .... I just wouldnt be a good choice.

I think anybody can pitch in, at least as back-ups.

Let's say both steelb and I know that we will be busy this afternoon, we can ask one of the back-ups to keep up with the thread for that time period.

I've helped SM with this in the past but I'm swamped at work now. Mostly all I did was help remind people of their picks.

If someone's picks were coming up, I was one of the people who would make their pick for them. For example, let's say your pick is 5 slots away, you could send me (or SM) your five top candidates and when your pick came up, we'd post it to the thread with whatever write-up or pictures you wanted... or we'd find a picture of the guy if we had to.

I'm not around enough to do that, now.

I've helped SM with this in the past but I'm swamped at work now. Mostly all I did was help remind people of their picks.

If someone's picks were coming up, I was one of the people who would make their pick for them. For example, let's say your pick is 5 slots away, you could send me (or SM) your five top candidates and when your pick came up, we'd post it to the thread with whatever write-up or pictures you wanted... or we'd find a picture of the guy if we had to.

I thought of that; and yes, that's one of the things I can do.

I'll take a team, I'm usually not terribly busy during weekdays or late at night on weekdays/weekends so if you need a backup guy to make picks I can make that happen as well.

I would participate as a team's GM, but I do not have the time and dedication to mod it.

The overall lack of participation after round 1 is disheartening and chasing down disinterested GM's takes the fun out of our mock. I would suggest doubling up on teams. Finding 16 dedicated members is alot easier than 32.

I would participate as a team's GM, but I do not have the time and dedication to mod it.

The overall lack of participation after round 1 is disheartening and chasing down disinterested GM's takes the fun out of our mock. I would suggest doubling up on teams. Finding 16 dedicated members is alot easier than 32.

On the one hand, it's harder to finalize your pick the later in the rounds, so I can understand that.

We can always set up certain guidelines to move it along faster.

For example, we can solicit members (those who haven't done much mock drafts) to be assistant to those who participate.

There are members who don't watch a lot of college balls, but they might be more familiar with some players that they watched more often.

Some were more active before, but don't have much time this year.

Things like that.

We can ask the mods to have a one-time exception to put an invitation on the main board to attract more people.

Whatcha think?

I'll take a team, I'm usually not terribly busy during weekdays or late at night on weekdays/weekends so if you need a backup guy to make picks I can make that happen as well.

I think we have enough people to run this thing.

Steelb, why don't you start the contacts and let's get this ball rolling.
I'm always pretty good as the right-wing man.

Talk to Cak or Hookem.

actually, I'm the guy who does this kind of stuff (moderator roles/privileges). If Blake (formerly Super Mario) isn't going to use his mod stuff I'll set up steelb or whomever is taking over his role.

We can ask the mods to have a one-time exception to put an invitation on the main board to attract more people.

Whatcha think?

Aw hell naw! :swatter: Too many jackholes over there .... I'd rather double up on teams than end up with a bunch of morons.

actually, I'm the guy who does this kind of stuff (moderator roles/privileges). If Blake (formerly Super Mario) isn't going to use his mod stuff I'll set up steelb or whomever is taking over his role.

Good to know .... Looks like Steelb is the man for the job.

You posted a copy of all of the daft slots for each round can you do that again?

I'm going to start a thread with a sign up for the teams and a couple of rules. Give me feedback on the rules if y'all dont like something and maybe we can change them.

Aw hell naw! :swatter: Too many jackholes over there .... I'd rather double up on teams than end up with a bunch of morons.

Good to know .... Looks like Steelb is the man for the job.

Lol, I guess I wasn't clear on it; I mean the main forum.

There are folks who don't frequent the college and mock draft forum because they don't have much time.

But anything works for me.

Steelb, just let me know what you want me to prepare for.

I'm going to start a thread with a sign up for the teams and a couple of rules. Give me feedback on the rules if y'all dont like something and maybe we can change them.

If I don't need to, I won't be signing up to be a player.

I'll be happy to double up with anybody as a helper in any capacity they want me to. You pros certainly don't need me.

Can you help me with mod privileges? I will PM you.

Which team do you want?

Current count: 14 players plus 2 old-timers who didn't claim that they will join, but most certainly they will.

We've got half the slots covered already.
Don't be late to claim the rest.

Lol, I guess I wasn't clear on it; I mean the main forum.

There are folks who don't frequent the college and mock draft forum because they don't have much time.

I thought you were talking about the "official texans forum" ..... aw hell naw.

The main section of this forum , thats not such a bad idea.

I'll double up if its needed , you and SteelB can just assign me a second team if its needed.

On the one hand, it's harder to finalize your pick the later in the rounds, so I can understand that.

We can always set up certain guidelines to move it along faster.

For example, we can solicit members (those who haven't done much mock drafts) to be assistant to those who participate.

There are members who don't watch a lot of college balls, but they might be more familiar with some players that they watched more often.

Some were more active before, but don't have much time this year.

Things like that.

Whatcha think?

Sounds like a great Idea to me.

You posted a copy of all of the daft slots for each round can you do that again?

That was actually SM that did that. He used his moderator privileges to make them locked but he could update them with the picks.

I've got a script that randomly assigns teams. Just give me which teams are up for assignment and a list of guys to assign them to and I can run that if you guys need it.

I assigned the following people these teams, since they were open to taking any teams.

Rock-N-Randy - Baltimore/Dallas
Blake - Seattle/Jacksonville
Honoring Earl- Pittsburgh/Carolina
Senor Stan- Tennessee/Denver
Bong- Atlanta/Buffalo

If there are problems PM me and we maybe can reassign some teams.

We might not need to advertise in the main forum.
If somebody knows of somebody who used to be in mock drafts that has not frequented the board much, may be you can ask them if they are interested in signing up.

It's filling up fast.

I will put you down for San Fran

If you've got time would you be interested in taking on one of the other teams that are left? Check the other thread out and get back with me.

I'll San Diego as well. If more people join you can give them away though. Really only want SF.

steelbtexan, I posted in the other thread so I'll post here as well. I'll take the Browns if they're available and I can help you out (e.g. sending PMs, keeping track of picks, etc etc).

Let me know how I can help!

Last edited:
I'm in, and will gladly take whoever I'm assigned :).
Though I'll take NYG or the Saints in that order of preference, if I can get them :)

steelbtexan, I posted in the other thread so I'll post here as well. I'll take the Browns if they're available and I can help you out (e.g. sending PMs, keeping track of picks, etc etc).

Let me know how I can help!

Greatly Appreciated

I'm in, and will gladly take whoever I'm assigned :).
Though I'll take NYG or the Saints in that order of preference, if I can get them :)

I changed you from the NYG and Oak to NYG and the Saints.

Teams still available are Oakland/Tampa Bay/Chicago

Guess we are getting a WR in the first. :)

It could go many ways depending upon who's available .... Some of the other WR needy teams got them in FA which could push a better prospect down.

WR , RT , OLB , ILB , S , CB , NT , QB .... all need help.

Back