Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

IND Irsay hints to a impending IND Trade

On the subject of the Indy Colts, anyone who doesn't realize that they are now
right there with the Texans when it comes to talent have their head in the sand.

Really. How so. Ind has a rag tag squad on d. No pass crusher's. One of the worst linebacker core aside from angered. Their talent isn't near balanced. I would even say they have a worse situation on their oline.

right there with the Texans when it comes to talent have their head in the sand.

I agree. Would not surprise me at all to see them win the division next season.

I still think the Texans are the better team right now. But I wouldn't be surprised if Indy passes us soon. I think our division title streak stops at 3 to be honest.

I still think the Texans are the better team right now. But I wouldn't be surprised if Indy passes us soon. I think our division title streak stops at 3 to be honest.

They signed a few players this free agency period, but they mostly overpaid for middling talent. I really don't see them jumping ahead of the Texans this year or next, unless they find their own JJ Watt or Von Miller. Their defense is still atrocious and Luck is still growing. I don't expect them to get much better this next year, and I think they will regress playing a tougher schedule.

Agreed!

I think they still have a lot of holes to fill.
And that defense needs sometimes to put it together.

They do have a lot of money though!

The Colts have Andrew Luck.

I don't even care if the rest of their roster doesn't stack up to what the Texans have.

When you have that kind of QB (potentially) or a QB playing at a high level your team will always have a shot.

The Colts Roster was worse last season than it is now and we are worse now than we were last season (or at the very least nowhere near as deep) as it currently stands.

They gave us all we could handle in Reliant and they beat us in Indy. We can beat those guys, but It's far from signed, sealed and delivered. Personally I think Indy is going to be a much better team next year.

They signed a few players this free agency period, but they mostly overpaid for middling talent. I really don't see them jumping ahead of the Texans this year or next, unless they find their own JJ Watt or Von Miller. Their defense is still atrocious and Luck is still growing. I don't expect them to get much better this next year, and I think they will regress playing a tougher schedule.

They were an extremely "lucky" team last season. Their point differential was -30 which put them with the likes of Dallas (8-8) and Miami (7-9). How many fluky come back wins did they have?

Some folks thought the Titans would win the AFCS last season, as an up-and-coming team after their surprising first season with Munchak. They finished 6-10 and in third place. I see something similar happening here with the Colts.

Well the Colts don't get to play the Browns and Chiefs as their 2 extra AFC games this year, instead they play the Dolphins and Bengals. As a division, we get to play the improving NFC West, so that should be fun for everybody. I really don't see them improving from their 11-5 finish last year. They are likely a 9-7 team and the Texans are about a 10-6 team.

Well the Colts don't get to play the Browns and Chiefs as their 2 extra AFC games this year, instead they play the Dolphins and Bengals. As a division, we get to play the improving NFC West, so that should be fun for everybody. I really don't see them improving from their 11-5 finish last year. They are likely a 9-7 team and the Texans are about a 10-6 team.

I'm not writing anybody off, but I agree that the Colts will be lucky to make the play-off this year.

The Colts have Andrew Luck.

I don't even care if the rest of their roster doesn't stack up to what the Texans have.

When you have that kind of QB (potentially) or a QB playing at a high level your team will always have a shot.

The Colts Roster was worse last season than it is now and we are worse now than we were last season (or at the very least nowhere near as deep) as it currently stands.

They gave us all we could handle in Reliant and they beat us in Indy. We can beat those guys, but It's far from signed, sealed and delivered. Personally I think Indy is going to be a much better team next year.

This.

You can say whatever you want about the rest of their roster, but look at the difference between this past year and the year before. And now they're getting better. Luck will continue to get better and he will be a superstar. The rest of the roster will continue to improve.

Meanwhile, we're stuck with Schaub and, while we have a good roster, it's not going to improve dramatically because it's already pretty good.

Lest we forget the 10-6 Lions going 4-12 the next season, many had them winning the division.

The Lions don't have Andrew Luck. Stafford is solid, but Luck is going to be an All-Pro QB. The Texans are going to have to deal with that for a decade or more.

The Lions don't have Andrew Luck. Stafford is solid, but Luck is going to be an All-Pro QB. The Texans are going to have to deal with that for a decade or more.

The Lions have the best WR in football, a arguable top 10 player in the NFL.

Luck is going to be an all-pro QB? Well tell me when that happens because what you are saying is that he will be a top 3 QB in the NFL. I've not seen that from him, I've seen a solid QB.

As for the Colts talent compared to ours. Really it's not close. The Texans have way more talent than the Colts. People just say "Luck Luck Luck."

Texans have Joseph, Watt, Foster, Andre, Brown, Cushing, Myers...I mean guys who are tops at their position, some of them the best player at their position. Our QB is not trash, he's good he's just not elite...but he's good enough to carry this team to a division title clearly. The question on him is if he (Schaub) is good enough to take the team further into the playoffs.

True, I'd say he's better than Stafford, but let's see what his sophomore year brings first.

I was not impressed at all with him last season, not saying he cant be great but 1 season dont show enough to say he will be great. Seen many rookie QBs have better first seasons than him and then turn out to be nothings.

I was not impressed at all with him last season, not saying he cant be great but 1 season dont show enough to say he will be great. Seen many rookie QBs have better first seasons than him and then turn out to be nothings.

Give him some time. He was a rookie trying too hard and ending up tossing a lot INTs. He showed a lot of guts last year. He'll be a good one.

Well it's not Victor Cruz

Mike Chappell @ mchappell51
#colts owner Jim Irsay to media at
owners' meetings: "it's not (Victor)
Cruz, no". So that's one name to cross
off the list.

I see 9-7 winning the division, hopefully the Texans will be the 9-7 team. the Colts should finish somewhere between 7-9,9-7.

RUMOR! Jim Irsay is a tease. He tweeted that the Colts are pursuing a wide receiver and hometown newspaper the Indianapolis Star is speculating that the man they’re after is Doug Baldwin. The former undrafted free agent is likely to find a reduced role for him in Seattle after the trade for Percy Harvin, and a move to Indianapolis would re-unite him with Andrew Luck. Baldwin still earned a +7.6 grade last year despite only playing 452 snaps for Seattle. His knack for getting open and moving the chains would be an excellent addition to an Indianapolis team short on wide receiver talent. Still it’s just speculation at this point so let’s see where the tweet from Irsay would take us.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/17/2013-free-agency-live-blog-day-6/

The Colts have a deeper wr corps than the Texans and they're making trades to add to it.

The Texans?

The Colts have a deeper wr corps than the Texans and they're making trades to add to it.

The Texans?

The Colts lost Avery, they need a receiver.

The Texans need at least a receiver; they want some speed and seems to be looking for it in the draft.

The FA period hasn't ended yet, and teams can easily be looking for different things in FA.

On top of that, the Colts have a lot of cap space.

Actually, they have needs at other positions more: like how to replace Freeney, and how to bolster their porous defense.

How do you like the Colts signing this far?

Some Colts fans think they are overpaying for their FAs:

From their MB:

Cherilus, whom most did not consider the #1 Rt in this crop of free agents, signed a contract that averages him 6.8M/year. That makes him the 2nd highest paid man at his position in the NFL.

Toler was not considered to be the #1 corner available, yet we set the market on that position by offering him roughly 5M/year and once again over-paid (in most people's opinion).

After two injury stricken seasons LaRon Landry is coming to us after a Pro Bowl year with the Jets. We are paying him, on average, 6M/year (I believe 13M guaranteed) which is on par with the best safeties in the game.

Walden, a Lb out of Green Bay that few of us have heard of, has received a contract that averages him 4M/year with 8M guaranteed over the first two seasons. PFF ranks Walden dead last amongst all 3-4 outside line backers, not only for this past season but also the season before that.

De/Dt Ricky Jean-Francois, our most recent hire, is being paid 5.5M/year after coming to us from the 49ers where he was third on the depth chart at his position.

^ yeah, the guy you quoted has it right. Like I said, they overpaid for middling talent (and I think I'm being generous with that comment). All that money for free agency, a young promising QB, and they go dumpster diving on the first few days. What a terrible set of signings.

Sorry, but I just don't agree. They were lucky last year. As someone already said, they were a big negative in point differential. Andrew Luck also had a 76.5 qb rating. He will improve for sure, but he is not a world beater yet. He had some comebacks last year which is why everyone slobbed on his knob. Wilson and RG3 had much better rookie campaigns having qb ratings near and above 100. Who have they added with their capspace? Gosder Cherilus? Greg Toler? Erik Walden? LaRon Landry? They wasted their money in my opinion. None of those guys are that good.

Sorry, but I just don't agree. They were lucky last year. As someone already said, they were a big negative in point differential. Andrew Luck also had a 76.5 qb rating. He will improve for sure, but he is not a world beater yet. He had some comebacks last year which is why everyone slobbed on his knob. Wilson and RG3 had much better rookie campaigns having qb ratings near and above 100. Who have they added with their capspace? Gosder Cherilus? Greg Toler? Erik Walden? LaRon Landry? They wasted their money in my opinion. None of those guys are that good.
Andrew Luck was a rookie last year and with that whole year of starting experience now under his belt it's not unreasonable for Colts fans to expect him to be vastly better this year. And speaking of luck, we had 2 overtime games including the one in Detroit with that incredible break that permitted our RB to scamper in the EZ without any defensive player in pursuit. Without that gift we end up in a tie for the AFC South with the Colts. And talent wise our 2011 team was better than our 2012 tam and last years team was more talented than this years team while the Colts are going in exactly the opposite direction. I'd say that's a definite trend which does not bode well for Texans fans.

Stafford is every bit the prospect that Luck is. Schaub is "solid", Stafford was also a #1 ovrl pick, just like Luck. Nothing is guaranteed in this league, Luck could have a sophmore slump ala Cam Newton.

Andrew Luck was a rookie last year and with that whole year of starting experience now under his belt it's not unreasonable for Colts fans to expect him to be vastly better this year. And speaking of luck, we had 2 overtime games including the one in Detroit with that incredible break that permitted our RB to scamper in the EZ without any defensive player in pursuit. Without that gift we end up in a tie for the AFC South with the Colts. And talent wise our 2011 team was better than our 2012 tam and last years team was more talented than this years team while the Colts are going in exactly the opposite direction. I'd say that's a definite trend which does not bode well for Texans fans.

You can say whatever you want but at the end of the day the Texans had a plus 85 point differential. And not really sure how you can even talk about the 2013-2014 Texans team. They haven't even held the draft yet where they will have several picks and free agency goes on for a good while. The Colts have done nothing in free agency to turn the tide. They need major improvement from Luck and a good draft.

And not to be an ass, but Pagano isn't likely to be sick again. They rode a lot of emotion with the "Chuck Strong" angle. It wouldn't surprise me if they were neck and neck with us next year, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they went 6-10.

How about that GB game?

Besides, Luck threw several "should-a-been" picks, any one of them could have changed the outcome of a game.

He's good, but right now, he's not able to carry a team.
Look at his performance in the play-off when the intensity rises a notch.

Indy is where its always been the last 10+ years, a starting QB injury away from being the worst team in the league.

I think the most interesting scenario re:Pagano will be: Did the better coach (Arians) leave?

After watching the playoff game where Arians wasn't there it would appear yes.

But that could change if Pagano gets a full season with them.

Not yet.

They have some nice pieces but a lot of expectations are based on projection rather than actual gameplay.

For example: Luck was #26 in passer rating, #14 in touchdown passes, threw the 3rd most ints, and was #17 in yards per attempt. These are hardly great stats. Quite frankly, he was the third best rookie QB last year(Wilson and RGIII were better.) These are hardly great stats. In comparison: Schaub was #6 in passer rating, #15 in td passes, thew the 17th most Ints, and
had the 10th most yards per attempt. On the surface Schaub had better numbers than Luck.

Of course, Luck was also a rookie and Schaub was playing in his 6th year as a starter(9th overall). I imagine Luck will take a step or two forward, but he hasn't' done it yet. He has not earned the benefit of the doubt. They have some talant, but I won't say they are as talented as the Texans until I see how the two rosters shake out and see the actual play on the field.

The nice thing about football is we won't have to guess: we have two games to find out :)

Back