Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-29-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Slauson Wants to Apologize to Cushing

Slauson is Sorry.
Quote:
Asked if he still thinks about that play, Slauson said, "I do.

"I think about it all the time. It was just unfortunate the way it happened, Brian getting hurt. I didn't want it to happen. I was just trying to do whatever I could to win. And unfortunately, it worked out very badly.
It was a frowned upon block. But I think about it all the time, and I'm really sorry the guy got hurt for it."

Slauson said it's hard for an offensive lineman to think specifically about a peel back block "because you're very seldom in that spot."

Slauson said he got Cushing's phone number from Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez.

"I tried," Slauson said of calling the linebacker. "But it didn't work out. I wanted to let him know that I was really sorry. I heard he's a great guy, and I wish him all the best, and I'm sure I'm going to be seeing on the field again."
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Slauson Wants to Apologize to Cushing

Well, good for him. I think it takes a real man to own up to his mistakes, especially on a national level like this. Cushing doesn't have to accept his apology but I think it shows great character to reach out and try to apologize.
Old 03-29-2013   #3
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Well, good for him. I think it takes a real man to own up to his mistakes, especially on a national level like this. Cushing doesn't have to accept his apology but I think it shows great character to reach out and try to apologize.
Take it with a grain of salt because Im pretty sure that right after it happened he was being a dbag and wasn't sorry AT ALL.
Old 03-29-2013   #4
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Slauson was getting owned in that game and he resorted to a cheap tactic. He's a POS in my book, and I was happy when the Texans rocked Mangold's life later in the game (give him credit he soldiered through it) karma is a ***** and Im sure Slauson will get his. Im glad Cush didnt answer the phone.
Old 03-29-2013   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Normally I'd say "Good for him."

But not this time. Screw THAT guy.

Apology effort does not make up for what was not just a "bad decision," it was a frustration moment and it cost us our best LB. I think it cost us a lot.

This is the sort of thing where you wish our team was maybe a little bit nastier. Might as well level the playing field, at least let teams know payback will occur.
Old 03-30-2013   #6
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What did he own up to? That Cush was injured? Nowhere in that statement did he admit that he made a jackass play.

It's as bad as a "I'm sorry that you're offended."

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #7
Texans Jordan
Rookie

I hope he still burns in a lake of fire.
Texans Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2013   #8
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
What did he own up to? That Cush was injured? Nowhere in that statement did he admit that he made a jackass play.

It's as bad as a "I'm sorry that you're offended."
He said "it was a frowned upon block", "I think about it all the time", sounds like the guy genuinely feels bad for the guy. He went out of his way to track down Cushing's phone number and tried to call and apologize to him personally.

All I'm saying is that I respect someone who is willing to offer an apology. Seems like a lot of you would have preferred if he didn't try to apologize to Cushing at all. To each his own.
Old 03-30-2013   #9
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Jordan View Post
I hope he still burns in a lake of fire.
May the LORD rain down burning coals and brimstone on the wicked! A whirlwind is what they deserve!

Cool first post guy.
Old 03-30-2013   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He said "it was a frowned upon block", "I think about it all the time", sounds like the guy genuinely feels bad for the guy. He went out of his way to track down Cushing's phone number and tried to call and apologize to him personally.

All I'm saying is that I respect someone who is willing to offer an apology. Seems like a lot of you would have preferred if he didn't try to apologize to Cushing at all. To each his own.
I think this is the most telling part of the quote

Quote:
"I tried," Slauson said of calling the linebacker. "But it didn't work out. I wanted to let him know that I was really sorry. I heard he's a great guy, and I wish him all the best, and I'm sure I'm going to be seeing on the field again."
Translation: PLEASE Mr. Cushing, Sir... don't take my face off next time you see me on the field! ...okay..??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013   #11
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108546 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like he tried denial of fault, it didn't clear his conscience, so now he's moving on to acceptance and apology. Even d-bags can possess sympathy. There are very few people in civilized society who truly lack sympathy like Albert Haynesworth. Now that guy is a POS.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013   #12
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm, he dove at Cushing's knees from behind. It was premeditated no doubt, and no amount of crocodile tears will change that.
Old 03-31-2013   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it as a guy sorry for what he did. Some of you people show the world you never played a down in your life.
Old 03-31-2013   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

That is great and all Slauson trying to apologize, but Cushing doesn't really seem to me like the type of guy to kiss and make up. Slauson should be afraid. Very afraid.

Last edited by texan279; 03-31-2013 at 10:04 AM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be more willing to believe him if he said this within a few days of the incident, not 5 months later. He appealed the fine too, and clearly didn't think it was illegal:

Quote:
"I've heard (from my coaches) that it was a clean block, that's all I know," Slauson said. "If the league wants to tell me differently ... I hope I don't get fined. If I happen to get something, I'll deal with it then."

Replays showed Slauson diving at Cushing's legs. Jets coach Rex Ryan said Wednesday that he thought it was a clean hit. Asked if there was an illegal aspect to the hit, Ryan said, "No. I think that's just one of those unfortunate things."

A peel-back block is deemed to be illegal if initiated to an opponent's back or the side, according to the NFL rulebook.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...houston-texans

Yeah, **** this guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read