Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2013   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Someone has finally stepped up and offered an explanation for the Texans late season collapse. Looks like Kubiak and his coaches have possibly lost the locker room and there is dissention amongst the troops. This would certainly explain why FA's are fleeing like rats off a sinking ship and why we aren't hearing of any players restructuring contracts to keep the team together.

"Before Barwin left, he told SiriusXM radio the Texans' defense lacked leadership late in the season, that the unit didn't do enough to take pressure off the offense."

Read more: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...#ixzz2NlW14h6K
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Well I am sure Wade will be happy to hear that.
Old 03-16-2013   #3
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Someone has finally stepped up and offered an explanation for the Texans late season collapse. Looks like Kubiak and his coaches have possibly lost the locker room and there is dissention amongst the troops. This would certainly explain why FA's are fleeing like rats off a sinking ship and why we aren't hearing of any players restructuring contracts to keep the team together.

"Before Barwin left, he told SiriusXM radio the Texans' defense lacked leadership late in the season, that the unit didn't do enough to take pressure off the offense."

Seriously?
Old 03-16-2013   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't read the article because apparently I'm not a digital subscriber to the chron rag, which I never will be. I don't think I'm missing anything.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Good job stepping up as a leader, Connor.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Lacked leadership? I thought that's what the letterman jacket thing was all about? /sarcasm
Old 03-17-2013   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Blah Blah Blah. Lacked leadership? Then step up and be a leader.
Old 03-17-2013   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Someone has finally stepped up and offered an explanation for the Texans late season collapse. Looks like Kubiak and his coaches have possibly lost the locker room and there is dissention amongst the troops.
I will say that while I have no idea if this is true, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 03-17-2013   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I will say that while I have no idea if this is true, I wouldn't be surprised.
I will say it's big of him to shoulder some of the blame for the collapse. It would be much easier to just point at Schaub and Kubiak's offense for not scoring and constantly putting them in a bad position with little rest.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Player exodus due to lack of $$$$ to keep them.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This is like a chef saying that the food didn't taste right.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Player exodus due to lack of $$$$ to keep them.
^^^^
This, leadership starts at the top.

And terrible cap management.

Wonder who is at fault their? Rick/Olson? Blame whoever you want, but if Rick is the head of the org. Unless BoB and Cal handle this part of the org. Doubtful?

BoB sets the direction and hopefully Rick has done a terible job excuting BoB's vision. If this is so, it's time for Rick to go.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Injuries last year mandated many changes in the D that would have otherwise not have been implemented. Sounds like there may have been a little element of sour grapes that he was utilized in such a way that was to help benefit the team rather than his stats.

Quote:
Connor Barwin Addresses Drop In Production
Posted by Tim McManus on March 15, 2013 at 6:13 pm

The stats may be deceiving when it comes to newly-acquired outside linebacker Connor Barwin.

The former Texan racked up 11 1/2 sacks in 2011, then saw that number dip to three this past season.

Meeting with local reporters for the first time Friday, Barwin filled in some of the blanks.

“I played opposite of Mario Williams two years ago, and then he got hurt and I took over Mario’s spot and played the open side outside linebacker and had a lot of success there,” he said. “Last year because of injuries we had at linebacker I bounced back and forth and played both positions and kind of had to move around. The sack numbers weren’t there but the pressures and the hits were all there and the tackles were more from the year before.”

On the open side, the outside linebacker was asked to rush the passer almost exclusively, whereas there are more coverage responsibilities at SAM. And according to Barwin, Houston linebackers had to change their overall approach in 2012.

“We had to drop more, we had problems at inside linebacker, we had to cover up certain things on the outside,” he said. “The year before we rushed every time. Last year we had to bump the tight end before we could rush, and anyone that rushes the passer knows that’s going to slow down your rush.”
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barwin
“Last year because of injuries we had at linebacker I bounced back and forth and played both positions and kind of had to move around. The sack numbers weren’t there but the pressures and the hits were all there and the tackles were more from the year before.”
I think I read recently that Pro Football Focus had Barwin 3rd from last in pressures among 3-4 OLBs. It certainly didn't look like they were "all there".
Old 03-17-2013   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Injuries last year mandated many changes in the D that would have otherwise not have been implemented. Sounds like there may have been a little element of sour grapes that he was utilized in such a way that was to help benefit the team rather than his stats.

I will not lie, I was all for keeping Barwin here if we did not overpay. But the more I hear and read the more I am glad he is gone. What a doofus hipster!!
Old 03-17-2013   #16
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I can't read the article because apparently I'm not a digital subscriber to the chron rag, which I never will be. I don't think I'm missing anything.
Just "Google" it (or "Bing" it or whatever search-browser software you are using), with a few key words from the story and you'll get past the blockers the Chron has in place to the full content of the article.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #17
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guarantee it wasn't hard for the players to take the first offer they got. They saw first hand on what direction this team was heading. I truly believe we have plateau'd. The writing is on the wall. Schaub not raising his game when the games were more important. Kubiak getting out coached in every single friggin phase against NE, TWICE! I'm sure money was the factor, but I bet these guys don't feel like they're leaving a team that has "something special" going on like some FA's like to say.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Exodus is because of money money money..

I am sure jj watt is shaking his head.

And I bet Cushing just did extra set on bench presses after hearing this

I believe our collapse defensively was losing Cushing and not having an inside backer that could rush inside effectively.

That and our OLB seemed to be a step late on getting to the QB.

Offensively I won't go ino that
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Good riddance. The Texans defense is better off without that kind of cancerous attitude in the lockeroom. Cushing is the leader of the Texans defense. His infectious attitude is the kind that will make players want to run through walls. He gives everything he has on the field and in the weight room. Leads by example and vocally. So take your whiney attitude on up to Philly Mr. Barwin. The Texans don't need you here.
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm as down on the Texans as anybody, but I will never understand a former player, of such low quality by the way, openly going on record with the media to take shots at the team.

You finally end up seeing the measure of those men when they leave and by what they say on their way out.

This is akin to leaving your employer and sending an all-staff email to tell everyone what's wrong with the company and how much better it is at your next job.

I'm glad to have confirmation that he's a worthless piece of dog ****.

The only downside is that he still ends up getting overpayed. I hope he sucks as bad as he did for us, then let him see how friendly Philly is toward him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read