Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-01-2004   #1
Trowbridge
Rookie

Default Late summer...

Lace 'em up tight...

I can't wait for the time when all the talk is over and all communication is entirely physical. When they take the field it's going to be so sweet...The grass is so green, the hitting, the spitting, the brutish reality of this art...I mean sport.

Huh?
Trowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I cant wait either. What made my day is when I heard Vandeemer on SR610 say that he heard at the University of Miami campus, where all former Canes practice and where Vandy use to work, AJ was burning everybody. All the other players would all be tired and AJ was still going hard and not even out of breath on the sprints and Vandy also said that AJ looked a whole lot stronger.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004   #3
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Hayes could burn everyone, but he had to catch the ball first. I hope AJ has been working hard on his receiving skills as well. He really has all of the physical talent needed to be something special. He has a real good attitude to go along with the rest of it. We have been hearing similar stories about all of our players. I'm really looking forward to see what starts happening at the training camp. I guess there are 30 more days to go. Boy, that's too long.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004   #4
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I tell you what, the NFL Network smooths a lot of this time over!
Old 07-02-2004   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so jealous of all you that have the NFL Network.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004   #6
TexasAggie
Rookie

Thumbs up

I too am ready for the training camps to start. I read and reread all the stuff out there not once or twice but three times. It is time to play.
TexasAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004   #7
Panther5407
All Pro

I live off of football, the only bad thing about summer is no games. I'm ready for the games to go!!!
Old 07-03-2004   #8
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

I cant wait either. Man I'm so anxious i even got nfl network and i watch all the time but they dont really show anything about the texans. so i cant wait till mini camp starts. It will be like christmas in july.
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I just finished my 2K4 Football appearance schedule. Everything worked perfect for seeing all of my favorites except the Thursday Bucs vs Texans preseason game.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004   #10
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Smile Training Camp

Well, we can now count weeks rather than months until training camp begins and we can start to really see what we've got in all these rookies.

Seems most of the publications show us now ready to compete, with the talent across the board to win the game on any field at anytime. However, they still see us at 7-9, bringing up the rear in our division. I rather think we will be at least 8-8, with a chance, if things break properly for us, to win 10 games this year.
Old 07-05-2004   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Ive got a question that Im not sure many will be able to answer unless they're from the area. I'm going to Texas State next year as a freshman in San Marcos, and while I'll be coming here for almost all the home games because of season tickets, does anyone know if they show the Texans games in San Marcos? Or will I have to drive to Houston for those as well?

Im sure they show them in some sports bars in SM but didn't know if they would be on regular TV over there.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004   #12
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Ive got a question that Im not sure many will be able to answer unless they're from the area. I'm going to Texas State next year as a freshman in San Marcos, and while I'll be coming here for almost all the home games because of season tickets, does anyone know if they show the Texans games in San Marcos? Or will I have to drive to Houston for those as well?

Im sure they show them in some sports bars in SM but didn't know if they would be on regular TV over there.
I have a friend that goes to San Marcos, she doesnt watch a lot of football, but she might know. The only problem is that she is in Germany right now with her parents. I'll send her an email for you....

but my guess is they will show most of the games because it is the state of Texas so you are zoned to get either a Boys or Texans game and the Cowboys are usually on FOX and the Texans are usually on CBS so you might miss one or two....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269

All the games will be on CBS in San Marcos... with two exceptions: GB- on ESPN... Minnesota will be on FOX... It is possible, depending on the Cowboys' schedule, that the Minnesota game will not be televised in San Marcos. However, all others definitely will. I'm in Austin and we share the same TV market.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #14
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Alright thanks for the help - I would lose my mind if I woke up sunday morning and suddenly couldn't find the game really quick

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read