Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-22-2005   #1
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default What's their record gonna be??????

We all read the posts that say "...and with that said, I think they'll go 10-6"
So what's the record really gonna be? Nobody knows. But there seems to be a general concensus that it'll be anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. There are some 8-8 guys out there and some 12-4's, but those seem to be few.
I want to know what you guys & gals think our record is really gonna be but with a TWIST. I want to know who we lose to in your opinion and any optional reasoning on some wins that would seem as a "bold prediction".

Mine is 11-5. I got us winning ALL home games and that includes Pitt and Ind. My losses are @ Cin, @ Ind, @ Sea (nite game), @ Bal, @ Jax.
Side note is that both the weeks we play Ind. is the week after they have Mon. night games.
Pitt is our home opener. We win.
KC is our home nite game. We win.
1st Ind game is @ home after they play STL on Mon and they'll (the players, not the coaches) look past us cuz the next week (8) is their bye.
The Jax sweep is over but we keep the Tenn one is still alive.
One more side note if I may. Our last 4 games are @ Tenn, home Ariz, home Jax (my B-day), and @ SF. Ariz scares me but I think still winable. That is as favorable as we've ever had it to finish a season. Especially if the division hinges on whether we win or lose @ SF.

Remember, this is for fun, this is to kill time, and this is NOT to be taken seriously. And plz, no predicting injuries, that's bad karma.

Last edited by Big B Texan Fan; 06-22-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Big B Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #2
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna say 9-11 but I don't have the time to breakdown exactly what each win and loss is going to be. I'll just say that we'll probably win some we should lose and lose some we should win.
Old 06-22-2005   #3
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

A huge fan like everyone else - but have more than few ??? and doubts in my mind about this upcoming season for the club. Put me down for 8-8 on the year. IMO Feel like were making enough changes and enough new faces it will take us a while to ge everyone back on the same page again and will cost us a few games. But I do think we have enough stars and talent to bring the record up to .500 closer to the end of the season when we are playing together more. I dont see playoffs this year for us.

My W/L game calls

L Sun. Sept. 11 Noon @Buffalo Bills (CBS) Ralph Wilson Stadium
L Sun. Sept. 18 Noon PITTSBURGH STEELERS (CBS) Reliant Stadium
- Sun. Sept. 25 BYE WEEK
W Sun. Oct. 2 Noon @Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium
W Sun. Oct. 9 Noon TENNESSEE TITANS (CBS) Reliant Stadium
L Sun. Oct. 16 7:30 p.m. @Seattle Seahawks (ESPN) Qwest Field
L Sun. Oct. 23 Noon INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (CBS) Reliant Stadium
W Sun. Oct. 30 Noon CLEVELAND BROWNS (CBS) Reliant Stadium
L Sun. Nov. 6 Noon @Jacksonville Jaguars (CBS) ALLTEL Stadium
L Sun. Nov. 13 Noon @Indianapolis Colts (CBS) RCA Dome
W Sun. Nov. 20 7:30 p.m. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (ESPN) Reliant Stadium
W Sun. Nov. 27 Noon ST. LOUIS RAMS (FOX) Reliant Stadium
L Sun. Dec. 4 Noon @Baltimore Ravens (CBS) M&T Bank Stadium
W Sun. Dec. 11 Noon @Tennessee Titans (CBS) The Coliseum
L Sun. Dec. 18 Noon ARIZONA CARDINALS (FOX) Reliant Stadium
W Sat. Dec. 24 Noon JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (CBS) Reliant Stadium
W Sun. Jan. 1 3:05 p.m. @San Francisco 49ers (CBS) Monster Park
Old 06-22-2005   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
I'm gonna say 9-11
You mean 9-7 right. You've got week 1 on the brain (9/11) just like I do.
Thoughts and prayers to those affected by 9/11. That is the obvious forethought of the day, not football.
Old 06-22-2005   #5
Doug
All Pro

If we can take one from Indy, we'll be 9-7. If not it'll be 8-8.
W - @Buffalo Bills
L - PITTSBURGH STEELERS
BYE WEEK
L - @Cincinnati Bengals
W - TENNESSEE TITANS
L - @Seattle Seahawks
W - INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
W - CLEVELAND BROWNS
L - @Jacksonville Jaguars
L - @Indianapolis Colts
L - KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
W - ST. LOUIS RAMS
L - @Baltimore Ravens
W - @Tennessee Titans
W - ARIZONA CARDINALS
W - JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
W - @San Francisco 49ers

Ending the year on a pretty good note. This will be the set up for our playoff run the following year. I don't see us making it to the playoffs with a record of 9-7 this year (Although it would be nice).
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

For the first time i can look at a Texan schedule and honestly say that there is not a team on their that they cannot beat. So this one is a little difficult.

So lets do the math of averages. Each year I predict what our final record is going to be and i am pethetically wrong. The first year I said 8-8(4-12) The second year I predicted 9-7(5-11) Last year I went out on a limb and said
11-5(7-9) So I have been wrong by the average of four games. So lets say we go 16-0(with the schedule we have its possible )and then subtract the games that I have been wrong by(4) and so now my prediction will be 12-4. Yep 12-4.

Yes sir......12-4

TEXANRED
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TEXANRED
Find all posts by TEXANRED
Add TEXANRED to Your Buddy List
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANRED, we finished 6-10 last year (unfortunately).

I'm predicting 9-7 with a wildcard spot for our first trip to the postseason.

We'll lose to the Colts, Steelers, Jaguars, Chiefs
Old 06-22-2005   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I've guessed 3-13, 6-10, and 7-9 as our three records. Not far off. I think 9-7 is in the cards this year.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #9
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
TEXANRED, we finished 6-10 last year (unfortunately).
You're kidding right, we were 7-9.
Old 06-22-2005   #10
mmontgo
Rookie

9-7 with losses to Buffalo, Indyx2, Ten, Seattle, Bmore, Jax...wild card close, but I think 10-6 will be required

I think our OL is way below average and will provide below average protection and run blocking (which after 4 years blows my mind--this is the one area I am not too sure we have really improved in line with the franchise growth overall)...protection being the major concern to really have a down the field attack. I think we will be fine defensively...in fact better rush this year...this may account for one more win, maybe 2.
mmontgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #11
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1192 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6.

We will beat the Bills and Steelers and one against INDY.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5 and it happens like this (Copied from a previous thread)

09.11 at Buffalo: W

New starting QB and the Texans remembering what happened against San Diego in the 2004 opener. I think the team takes this one seriously and we go 1-0

09.18 Pittsburgh (04 playoff team): W

I believe Pittsburgh is going to start slow in 2005. The Cinderella season is over for the Steelers, they're coming back down to earth in 2005 and the game is played in Reliant. The Texans win their home opener for a 2-0 record

09.25 Bye: W

The bye puts up a heck of a fight (as always) but the Texans hang in there and win in overtime to preserve their perfect start.

10.02 at Cincinnati: W

Can the NFL please show us some mercy with the Bengals and get them off our schedule? Sometimes it feels like we're still in the AFC Central because we play these bums in their clown suits ever year. Maybe it just seems that way because so far they always beat us which really needs to stop if we're going to be seeing them almost every year. Finally we're going to turn that around. Yes, I'm predicting a 3-0 start to the season. I know how messed up that is but, well there you go.

10.09 Tennessee: L

The sweep isn't in the cards this year and when young teams who've never won start the season 3-0 they tend to let down. This is when it happens. The Texans fall to 3-1 here.

On a side note however I predict that if the team manages to again lose to the Bengals (please no) then we rebound to win this game. Regardless we're going to be 3-1 on the Monday following this game.

10.16 at Seattle (national tv - 04 playoff team): W

Maybe this is a bad, homer like prediction based on the simple fact that I have no respect for Holmgren or the Seahawks. So be it. I think we're going to be 4-1 after this game and the talk of the NFL.

10.23 Indianapolis (04 playoff team): W

First win over the Colts. Make a point of being at this one. Texans are 5-1 and people are packing that bandwagon.

10.30 Cleveland: W

Yes, I'm actually thinking that we beat the Browns to go 6-1. I understand that this is starting to look like a pipe dream type prediction but I think this a very winnable game. We owe these guys so bad for last season and they're going through some serious changes this off season. I think we win this one. 6-1 and people are talking about our first trip to the playoffs.

11.06 at Jacksonville: L

The wheels are literally going to fall off the team this week. Just like the Browns have it coming the previous week the Texans are due one smack in the head from the Jags this week. We drop to 6-2 and this game will not look pretty. I bet we get our butts kicked here.

11.13 at Indianapolis (04 playoff team): L

The extreme fair weather fans start hopping off right here because the Colts are going to do exactly what Jacksonville did to us the week before. Beat us badly. Record is 6-3 now.

11.20 Kansas City (national tv): W

Again, like the Bengals this is getting old. It seems like we're always playing the Chiefs. Anyway we're what? .500 against them? We win this one because the Chiefs are going to have a down year IMO and we're going to be part of it. 7-3 as we tie our previous high in wins. No way we can not improve over 2004 with 6 games left.

11.27 St. Louis (04 playoff team): W

This is going to be a tough game but the Texans can do it. Orlando Pace played the Texans this year so he could get more money out of the Rams. He'll be wishing he was on our team after this game. Pace will do his job but he won't be the problem and he won't be able to prevent the loss. Texans are 8-3 now.

12.04 at Baltimore: L

I don't know why, I just think the Ravens will win this game. I guess it could go our way but we're going to lose a couple more and I suspect it'll be here and against Jacksonville. Call it 8-4

12.11 at Tennessee: W

At this point the Titans are out of it and we get the split for the year. 9-4

12.18 Arizona: W

Another young team learning how to win consistently. I really think this could go either way. If the Cards have lost a bunch before this game (say two or three in a row) then I'm more worried then if they come in on a roll. I think we win though and hit 10-4

12.24 Jacksonville: L

Nothing like the first game where I think the Jags will beat us bad but we're not going to win this one. The Jags finally sweep us. It was bound to happen. 10-5

01.01 at San Francisco: W

We finish the year beating the stuffing out of the 49'rs new franchise QB. It'll be fun and we're going to the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

If this happens exactly as I've described I will be accepting cold beer as "tribute" for my predictions.
Old 06-22-2005   #13
mmontgo
Rookie

great analysis...I think there will be a little less bandwagoing early on, but great story...I do think we take Indy down this year for sure....
mmontgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #14
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

My W/L game calls

W Sun. Sept. 11 Noon @Buffalo Bills (CBS) Ralph Wilson Stadium
- Sun. Sept. 25 BYE WEEK
L Sun. Oct. 2 Noon @Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium (IN Overtime)
W Sun. Oct. 16 7:30 p.m. @Seattle Seahawks (ESPN) Qwest Field
W Sun. Oct. 23 Noon INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (CBS) Reliant Stadium
W* Sun. Nov. 6 Noon @Jacksonville Jaguars (CBS) ALLTEL Stadium
L* Sun. Nov. 20 7:30 p.m. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (ESPN) Reliant Stadium
L Sun. Nov. 27 Noon ST. LOUIS RAMS (FOX) Reliant Stadium
L Sun. Dec. 18 Noon ARIZONA CARDINALS (FOX) Reliant Stadium

*denotes that these two MAY swap.

9-7. My goal for our team. Wildcard? Ummmmm, that itself is a wildcard!

Note the streak in October, then in Nov. Still will have a problem with consistancy and this reflects that.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

My turn.

- Sun. Sept. 25 BYE WEEK
W Sun. Oct. 2 Noon @Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium
W Sun. Nov. 6 Noon @Jacksonville Jaguars (CBS) ALLTEL Stadium
W Sun. Dec. 18 Noon ARIZONA CARDINALS (FOX) Reliant Stadium

Ie final record:10-6

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #16
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6

W Sun. Sept. 18 Noon PITTSBURGH STEELERS (CBS) Reliant Stadium
- Sun. Sept. 25 BYE WEEK
L Sun. Oct. 2 Noon @Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium
W Sun. Oct. 23 Noon INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (CBS) Reliant Stadium
W Sun. Nov. 27 Noon ST. LOUIS RAMS (FOX) Reliant Stadium
L Sun. Dec. 11 Noon @Tennessee Titans (CBS) The Coliseum
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #17
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

- Sun. Sept. 25 BYE WEEK
L Sun. Oct. 2 Noon @Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium
W Sun. Oct. 16 7:30 p.m. @Seattle Seahawks (ESPN) Qwest Field

If the defense plays like it did last year and the o line can keep Carr on his feet, 9-7 seems very likely.
Old 06-23-2005   #18
THEFUTURE
All Pro

i guess ill do it too...
Sun. Sept. 11 Noon @Buffalo Bills (CBS) Ralph Wilson Stadium-W
Sun. Sept. 18 Noon PITTSBURGH STEELERS (CBS) Reliant Stadium-W
Sun. Sept. 25 BYE WEEK
Sun. Oct. 2 Noon @Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium-L
Sun. Oct. 9 Noon TENNESSEE TITANS (CBS) Reliant Stadium-W
Sun. Oct. 16 7:30 p.m. @Seattle Seahawks (ESPN) Qwest Field-W
Sun. Oct. 23 Noon INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (CBS) Reliant Stadium-W
Sun. Oct. 30 Noon CLEVELAND BROWNS (CBS) Reliant Stadium-L
Sun. Nov. 6 Noon @Jacksonville Jaguars (CBS) ALLTEL Stadium-W
Sun. Nov. 13 Noon @Indianapolis Colts (CBS) RCA Dome-L
Sun. Nov. 20 7:30 p.m. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (ESPN) Reliant Stadium-W
Sun. Nov. 27 Noon ST. LOUIS RAMS (FOX) Reliant Stadium-W
Sun. Dec. 4 Noon @Baltimore Ravens (CBS) M&T Bank Stadium-L
Sun. Dec. 11 Noon @Tennessee Titans (CBS) The Coliseum-W
Sun. Dec. 18 Noon ARIZONA CARDINALS (FOX) Reliant Stadium-W
Sat. Dec. 24 Noon JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (CBS) Reliant Stadium-W
Sun. Jan. 1 3:05 p.m. @San Francisco 49ers (CBS) Monster Park-L (S.F. wins only if we got the playoffs rapped up by the final week, and none of our starters play)
...so possibly 11-5 or maybe 12-4
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #19
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
If we can take one from Indy, we'll be 9-7. If not it'll be 8-8.
W - @Buffalo Bills
L - PITTSBURGH STEELERS
BYE WEEK
L - @Cincinnati Bengals
W - TENNESSEE TITANS
L - @Seattle Seahawks
W - INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
W - CLEVELAND BROWNS
L - @Jacksonville Jaguars
L - @Indianapolis Colts
L - KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
W - ST. LOUIS RAMS
L - @Baltimore Ravens
W - @Tennessee Titans
W - ARIZONA CARDINALS
W - JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
W - @San Francisco 49ers

Ending the year on a pretty good note. This will be the set up for our playoff run the following year. I don't see us making it to the playoffs with a record of 9-7 this year (Although it would be nice).
Thats exactly how i think it will go. Maybe the Jacksonville & Cincy games might be a winnable too. But Pitt, KC, Baltimore and seattle i dont think.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #20
texan2061
Rookie

10-6, and they will lose the first round in the playoffs.
texan2061 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read