Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2nd player announcement

It is speculation just something have fun with and pass the time with. I'm going outside the box and gonna say Brian urlacher maybe

Speculation for past day is the Texans will announce another suprise FA acquistion along with the Ed Reed signing.

Some dude Bulls On Parade speculated we are gonna sign Reed, Pollard AND Winston by today.

Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Speculation for past day is the Texans will announce another suprise FA acquistion along with the Ed Reed signing.

Some dude Bulls On Parade speculated we are gonna sign Reed, Pollard AND Winston by today.

Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Well now the surprise is ruined. Our FO will have to scrap their plans and get other players we aren't expecting now.

Pollard could be a cheap hire (maybe) but I doubt the Texans need him; that would be over the top.

Winston is too rich (probably); so maybe Casey Hampton.

I want to see a heavy dose of Keenum In training camp and preseason. I don't like the way Yates played when he came in last season didn't look the same

Of the three you listed: Winston. But I'm thinking Casey Hampton.

I would be dancing in the streets if Reed/Hampton were signed on the same day. Bring Hampton home, he was one of the best 2 down run stoppers in the NFL last yr.

Hampton, healthy Cushing, Reed = major upgrade at each level of the defense.

I want to see a heavy dose of Keenum In training camp and preseason. I don't like the way Yates played when he came in last season didn't look the same

Me too; I'm rather high on Keenum.
Whether or not he's going to work out, it doesn't matter.
He doesn't cost but peanuts and a few bag of chips, haha!

I would be dancing in the streets if Reed/Hampton were signed on the same day. Bring Hampton home, he was one of the best 2 down run stoppers in the NFL last yr.

Get your blue suede shoes ready, bubba, LOL!

Here we go (crazy amounts of optimism but has some logic)... Elvis Dumervil. They've cleared space and nickel and dimed three of their guys to make room for Dumervil and Reed. However, they have to wait until he's "officially" cut before they can say anything.

I liked Keenum in college I think he has a legit chance, he has the tools and knowledge. It doesn't help I'm officially off the schaub wagon.

I'd rather have Pollard, but not by much.

Winston's upside is his run blocking...which let's face it, the circus on the right side of the line and the shenanigans at LG, too, would make Winston a good choice to calm down the right side of the line and maybe try a platoon of Newton/Brooks/Jones at LG and swing guard at RG if needed.

Pollard, though, he brings more of a 46 look to our defense whereby we go with heavy hitter in Pollard and let Manning and Reed play more coverage on WRs. Pollard matches up with those pesky TEs and slot receivers like Welker and Hernandez/Gronk who always abused our LBs last year. Pollard as a nickel DB would be right: He plays shallow and his job is to thump anything thrown within the first 10 yards of the LOS. He'd be nasty on a blitz, too.

My choice of Pollard is because I think Winston is into playing "poor me!" victim card, and this team is not ready to go back there with him. Pollard is just a worker. He wants to knock da piss out of people every play, and frankly that attitude needs to be there in our backfield so that Manning and Reed can ballhawk and make QBs pick a choice that doesn't really give the QB much hope. Especially since we face Andrew Luck twice a year now. Know what I mean? Gotta' think about what killed us the past two years: Inability to stop the pass in the divisional round each year.

Here we go (crazy amounts of optimism but has some logic)... Elvis Dumervil. They've cleared space and nickel and dimed three of their guys to make room for Dumervil and Reed. However, they have to wait until he's "officially" cut before they can say anything.

Lamp you got crazy amount of optimism right he WS scheduled to make 12 mil next season !! But I did say dream big or not at all lol

The chemistry between Reed and Pollard would be valuable too!

They have played and worked together on knowing how to adjust from play to play, etc. It'd be a it of a dream scenario to pull down two awesome DBs who know each other's tendencies and can trust one another right from the start.

But, the surprise player might be someone who is completely off our radar.

Hampton? I dunno.

Crabtree in a trade? I dunno, either.

Or it could be someone WAY off the radar, like Leach! Hey, it could happen. Might be why we let James Casey go.

Ooooo, what if it IS Leach? That'd be sick. But many analysts say that Leach wasn't really that much of a factor last season. That his days might be dwindling rapidly. Did he sign or is he a free agent? I don't even know if he is!

Ed Reed

and

Kevin Kolb

smileys-vomiting.gif

Via CSN AJ also has been recruiting Chad Johnson to come to the Texans.

Mmmm don't know if I get that one. He's the biggest diva the Texans would have signed to this point. But if he comes and and plays I think its a positive signing. They say he couldn't learn the patriots playbook. Wondering if he would have that same problem here?

Last edited:
The chemistry between Reed and Pollard would be valuable too!

They have played and worked together on knowing how to adjust from play to play, etc. It'd be a it of a dream scenario to pull down two awesome DBs who know each other's tendencies and can trust one another right from the start.

Yeah, but what about the chemistry between Pollard and Kareem Jackson. They also have worked together. I think I'd rather sit in a room with a mixture of bleach and ammonia, rather than watch those two work together in the Texans' secondary.

Mmmm don't know if I get that one. He's the biggest diva the Texans would have signed to this point. But if he comes and and plays I think its a positive signing. They say he couldn't learn the patriots playbook. Wondering if he would have that same problem here?

It dont matter we still dont have a QB to throw them the ball :kitten:

Ok...so...I heard this from a guy who heard it from someone who does the lawn for someone who lives next to the guy who does Rick Smith's laundry.

We're signing Reed, Woodson, Harrison, and Urlacher.

It would give us the 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, and 2012 Defensive players of the year.

It's a done deal, but they're announcing it during the concert tonight at the rodeo. They wanted to do it last night, but Pitbull didn't want to share the spotlight.

Our playbook is easy. Well, for a receiver. You just have to know who to block.

It dont matter we still dont have a QB to throw them the ball :kitten:

Agree completely what's the point of getting more playmakes at that position if we have the same noodle armed choke artist Golmer Pyle qb? It shows McNair still thinks ol schaub can somehow get it done

Yea I feel the same way! Was with him until last season. He proved to me at least he's not a big lights qb. I feel a Ryan Fitzpatrick coming on

I'd be fine with that. He's a better QB than what the Bills made him into, IMO.

He's known for being very cerebral, which Kubiak wants in his "Yes Sir, No Risky Moves, Sir!" QBs. Just need to identify the pre-snap look, then make the high percentage throw. That's it. And Schaub is on the ropes here.

Via CSN AJ also has been recruiting Chad Johnson to come to the Texans.

OK, well...look, that's just been AJ being AJ and has no implication on anything at all. There's zero chance of that happening, not even if CJ was available for $1.99 or $2.15 max. And I'm not talking millions. Not even thousands.

Yeah, but what about the chemistry between Pollard and Kareem Jackson. They also have worked together. I think I'd rather sit in a room with a mixture of bleach and ammonia, rather than watch those two work together in the Texans' secondary.

Whuh? Come on now, you jest...surely you jest!

That was 2010 under David Gibbs. Everybody looked like hammered dog ****, Dale. Everybody. KJ is miles beyond his 2010 self. And so is Pollard.

The only thing I dislike about Pollard is knack for getting the occasional 15-yarder for going too strong on the hits. But that's it. The guy is fine, so is Reed, and them and KJ would all three be fine together.

It'd be a hellacious secondary, maybe the best ever in Houston.

You and about every texan fan. So dont feel bad i was a big Schaub Supporter until last season.

Dont count me in those " every texan fan" I still think Schaub can get it done if you give him somebody else to pass the ball beside AJ and OD! how do you expect a QB to succeed if the coach always tells him to throw the ball to the people that everybody knows will be thrown to? Give him a legit WR2 another good catching TE or a good slot WR and give him some freedom Kubiak please! You suck at play calling and you are dragging the whole offense with you, even worst, you are throwing Schaub under the bus so most fans will be against him.

back on the first player announced lol i think we just got used big time. on to the next one before its to late. i really dont want to head into next season with a rookie safety or even worse keo :faildetector:

i think we just got used big time.

So you think Reed never had any intention of considering playing for the Texans? I guess you think AJ was complicit as well.

Damn people, it isn't over yet and even if it never happens it doesn't mean Reed "used" the Texans. The Texans would be stupid to not have a limit on what they are willing to pay and Reed would be stupid not to check on what other teams are willing to pay.

So you think Reed never had any intention of considering playing for the Texans? I guess you think AJ was complicit as well.

Damn people, it isn't over yet and even if it never happens it doesn't mean Reed "used" the Texans. The Texans would be stupid to not have a limit on what they are willing to pay and Reed would be stupid not to check on what other teams are willing to pay.

i say screw Reed lets use that money on Dumerville.

i say screw Reed lets use that money on Dumerville.

I would be more than happy with that. Frankly I think it would be a better signing.

I am just tired of this crap that Reed is playing the Texans like the Texans are just too stupid to realize these players we don't sign have no intention of signing with us. I think it is foolish fan commentary and nothing more.

PS - for the Ryan Fitzpatrick people, pull your Schaub hating heads out of your butts. Fitzpatrick's best results don't come close to Schaub's worst. Fitz is about to find a clipboard to hold.

Back