Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2013   #161
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin *update* SIGNED BY LIONS

Tap, tap, tap

Quote:
Tania Ganguli‏@taniaganguli
ESPN's initial report withdrawn, and we are also told that the #Texans are still in play for S Glover Quin.
Old 03-13-2013   #162
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

Well we will see. I don't think the Colts will be that great personally. They had a emotional year and the games they won they barely won. Not a lot of talent on that team and the guys they have signed are 'meh' guys.

It's the NFL and if a team does good for one year, good for them. We always see this though, a team gets hot for a year maybe even make the playoffs and then the next year go to being what people expected them to be. So the verdict is still out on them for me until they prove it again. If they had all this talent on the team then yeah...but I look at the roster and think "Whose there?" one QB isn't going to carry the entire team. Those old Manning colts were loaded with talent though.

I agree for sure. I see the Colts as a 9-7 team that could be on the outside looking in for a wild card.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #163
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Quote:
Texans a complete and utter mess at safety outside of D Manning. I assume they already have a deal in place with a veteran

Bad news for Texans. RT @ttwentyman: Lions have agreed to terms on a five-year deal with S Glover Quin, according to league source.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #164
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Now it's done. Smdh

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
And now Lions web site just tweeted Detroit has a five-year deal with former Texans S Glover Quin. Glad they saw things my way..
Old 03-13-2013   #165
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133377 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's official.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
And now Lions web site just tweeted Detroit has a five-year deal with former Texans S Glover Quin. Glad they saw things my way..
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #166
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133377 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, we're on the ball, haha.
Old 03-13-2013   #167
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are so ****ed

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2013   #168
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed muthafuggin reed!
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #169
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
We are so ****ed
Why? Because we lost a below average linebacker, an average fullback, and a good (but replaceable) safety?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #170
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I agree for sure. I see the Colts as a 9-7 team that could be on the outside looking in for a wild card.
I think they are a 9-7 at best...and you'll find Texan fans more optimistic about the Colts than colts fans funnily enough. They just don't have the depth or talent you'd expect from a team that is a 'Lock' for winning the division like some have them here for some reason.

Meanwhile the Texans have several all-pro players on offense and defense. Not sure why Texan fans wouldn't be more confident of this team winning the division. The other three teams are all rebuilding and this team just went 12-4.

Casey, is good but if we can get a grinding FB then that may be better for Arian.

Barwin is very much replaceable.

Quinn will be hard to replace. I hope the Texans sign a vet though to do so, my perfect scenario is getting Ed Reed mainly because the teams we are trying to beat are the Patriots and Ravens...and Reed knows how to beat the Patriots and by getting him we'd take away the last leader Baltimore has.

Wait and see, I just hope they have a plan for losing Glover.
Old 03-13-2013   #171
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed muthafuggin reed!

Please get r done rick!
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #172
Vance87
Hall of Fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRtD4vdN45M

Get acquainted
Old 03-13-2013   #173
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lions are really going to be in a cap pickle soon - mortgaged their future for right now. Will be interesting.
Old 03-13-2013   #174
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we need to ready to lose Cushing next yr and Watt the year after as of now I have zero confidence in the HOU front office to get deals done.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #175
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Losing Quin sucks for my team. This team was weak on defense to begin with. I hear Bernard pollard is available. Just kidding. This dyke has so many leaks.
Old 03-13-2013   #176
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, i'm not too upset I would've liked for him to stay but oh well.....i have enough faith in the FO to feel that they would've resigned him long ago if they really wanted him back. That's what they do with all of their top guys.....my guess is that they wanted him back, but weren't going to be too upset if he walked. Kinda how felt about him all pretty much all of our FA crop this year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #177
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston FO is a joke. We can't resign anybody.

Okay, I get it, we can't resign everybody because there are other teams bidding for our players. But why the hell can't we sign a FA? It's not like we need the cap space to sign Glover Quin or James Casey.
Old 03-13-2013   #178
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't really care if we loose Barwin because we at least have a guy to replace him with. As far as Quin, he finally solidified a long time hole in our defense. Back to the revolving door players at the safety position.
Old 03-13-2013   #179
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't like losing him. Our safety play was really bad for a lot of years and was finally clicking the last two. Now we have another hole to fill. The draft will be interesting...

I really hope we add a quality Rt via free agency as I think that was our biggest hole last year.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #180
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
JJ will be the most expensive player we likely ever pay.

Right now though the Texans need to worry about right now and building the best team they can. When the time comes for JJ and Cushing they can deal with that when the time comes but they need to be building a team that has a legit shot at winning the superbowl.

I won't get angry now, but if they are going to trot out a young inexperienced player at safety then we can all look forward to much of the same from last year barring a guy like Merciless bursting onto the scene as a star pass rusher or something.
Watt and Cushing should be TWO BIG reasons why the Texans should be patient. They will make tons of money if they stay healthy and the Texans need to save every penny they got for them.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read