Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2013   #141
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Sad to see GQ go. I don't know how we are going to replace his on the field impact. This so far is a really depressing off season.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #142
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

So yeah.

We better sign some vets in here. If we depend on rookies to fill their spots we will deserve what we get. Which is likely wildcard exit...if lucky.
Old 03-13-2013   #143
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Barwin to eagles as well
Nothing compared to the loss of Glover. We have good backups for Barwin, with Quinn we have jack and ****.........(aka Keo). I'm not sure WTF they were thinking.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #144
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Barwin to eagles as well
Are they trying to become Houston-East?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #145
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Maybe that's why they reached out to Charles Woodson.
What makes y'all think we can pay Woodson if we couldn't afford to pay Quin?
Old 03-13-2013   #146
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Nothing compared to the loss of Glover. We have good backups for Barwin, with Quinn we have jack and ****.........(aka Keo). I'm not sure WTF they were thinking.
I don't care about either one.

Just sharing news.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #147
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Let's at least wait until the off-season moves to its second phase before we pretend as if the Texans don't have a plan. I'm like you in that I have no clue what it is, but I do believe they have one.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2013   #148
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't think Woodson would want to come here anyways.
Old 03-13-2013   #149
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Woodson would probably command about the same money yearly with less years added onto the agreement. I'm not a contract guru, but we're going to have to shell out some money for JJ, Cush, and Kjax soon. Won't be cheap for those three.
Old 03-13-2013   #150
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is terrible news.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #151
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a crappy day... We have no one who can play FS and now were stuck with Reed at OLB. Pass rush is weakened and our coverage...
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #152
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Woodson would probably command about the same money yearly with less years added onto the agreement. I'm not a contract guru, but we're going to have to shell out some money for JJ, Cush, and Kjax soon. Won't be cheap for those three.
JJ will be the most expensive player we likely ever pay.

Right now though the Texans need to worry about right now and building the best team they can. When the time comes for JJ and Cushing they can deal with that when the time comes but they need to be building a team that has a legit shot at winning the superbowl.

I won't get angry now, but if they are going to trot out a young inexperienced player at safety then we can all look forward to much of the same from last year barring a guy like Merciless bursting onto the scene as a star pass rusher or something.
Old 03-13-2013   #153
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin *update* SIGNED BY LIONS

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Hold off on Glover Quin's agreement with Detroit. Another source said, Not so fast. Situations in free agency, as we see, can be fluid.
Old 03-13-2013   #154
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin *update* SIGNED BY LIONS

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Hold off on Glover Quin's agreement with Detroit. Another source said, Not so fast. Situations in free agency, as we see, can be fluid.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #155
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
JJ will be the most expensive player we likely ever pay.

Right now though the Texans need to worry about right now and building the best team they can. When the time comes for JJ and Cushing they can deal with that when the time comes but they need to be building a team that has a legit shot at winning the superbowl.

I won't get angry now, but if they are going to trot out a young inexperienced player at safety then we can all look forward to much of the same from last year barring a guy like Merciless bursting onto the scene as a star pass rusher or something.
Its hard to get angry when we don't know what product we're going to put on the field. I understand what you're saying on worrying about the now, but I'm sure Glover's deal in going to be in the range of 5 years. I have the feeling the Texans plan is to get a vet and draft a replacement who we can groom for a year or 2.

I'm pretty sure they may take care of JJ after next year so we have to stay reasonably cheap in some areas. It sucks, but its the nature of the beast.
Old 03-13-2013   #156
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
So yeah.

We better sign some vets in here. If we depend on rookies to fill their spots we will deserve what we get. Which is likely wildcard exit...if lucky.
Even if we brought back all of our FAs, I was of the opinion we'd be a wild card team at best. I see the Colts winning AFC South this year. And now, if we're losing Quin and Barwin it's going to be even harder.
Old 03-13-2013   #157
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
So the same board that despised Jacoby Jones wants us to sign Heyward-Bey...?

That is ridiculous.
I loved Jacoby.
Old 03-13-2013   #158
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Its hard to get angry when we don't know what product we're going to put on the field.
It's hard to get upset until we find out what he signed for. If he signed for $4-5M..... I'm upset (if he signed that is). If it's $6M+, it was nice knowing ya...
Old 03-13-2013   #159
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Even if we brought back all of our FAs, I was of the opinion we'd be a wild card team at best. I see the Colts winning AFC South this year. And now, if we're losing Quin and Barwin it's going to be even harder.
Before this I thought we'd be pressing for a play off spot. I don't think we'll win the division as is. Barwin, Quinn have little to do with my opinion.

It's hard for me to find enthusiasm right now as I see next season as being a big let down. I can't see the draft changing my feelings, but I'll reserve complete judgment until closer to the season. As of right now though this is about as least interested as I've been in the texans since day 1. I'm not feeling it.
Old 03-13-2013   #160
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Its hard to get angry when we don't know what product we're going to put on the field. I understand what you're saying on worrying about the now, but I'm sure Glover's deal in going to be in the range of 5 years. I have the feeling the Texans plan is to get a vet and draft a replacement who we can groom for a year or 2.

I'm pretty sure they may take care of JJ after next year so we have to stay reasonably cheap in some areas. It sucks, but its the nature of the beast.
I agree, I'm not angry at them I'm just wondering what the plan is really. It looks like the Quin deal is not official, seemed that way since it was Schefter reporting it. I also think the plan was to sign a vet and draft a guy to eventually replace him in a year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Well we will see. I don't think the Colts will be that great personally. They had a emotional year and the games they won they barely won. Not a lot of talent on that team and the guys they have signed are 'meh' guys.

It's the NFL and if a team does good for one year, good for them. We always see this though, a team gets hot for a year maybe even make the playoffs and then the next year go to being what people expected them to be. So the verdict is still out on them for me until they prove it again. If they had all this talent on the team then yeah...but I look at the roster and think "Whose there?" one QB isn't going to carry the entire team. Those old Manning colts were loaded with talent though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read