Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2013   #61
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions interested in Glover Quin?

Quinn is also the primary blitzer from the secondary for Wade...We need him.........................................unless we've got plans to go after Charles Woodson....He just moved to safety last year for GB can still cover in spurts & he's been an excellent blitzer from the secondary throughout his career..The more i think about it the more i want the FO to make this happen.

Get er' done Rick!!!!!!!!!!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Our secondary wasn't that strong folks. So far I have heard KJax was great, Joseph was good, McCain was good before being injured and now Quin is amazing too. LOL so where is the weakness that the spreads attacked so much if everyone is so good? Sure wasn't just linebackers or Manning since his season was similar to Quin's.
Jjo & Manning. Those two have fallen quite a bit from 2011. Jjo hurt... I get that. I mentioned before it was public that something was wrong & you could see it in his play. He wasn't healthy until late in the season, by my eye, I'm thinking Indy.

Manning I think is the main reason we won't sign Quin. If I were Quin, I'd think I deserved more than Manning..... whose season was not comparable to Quin's. But he's not going to get there here & I don't think he should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
In any case, as said earlier. No one is saying he is a bad player. Haven't heard one person say it yet. He's just not exceptional. He's solid and we all rather keep him. So again what is the discussion unless you think he is top notch.
Preaching to the choir..... I thought I was on the same side of the fence as you. From the post you quoted:
Quote:
Hopefully he understands what his true value is & Rick Smith is at least in the ball park. If he decides to walk after that, then it is what it is. Can't blame Rick for not overpaying, can't blame Quin for getting all he can while he can.
Old 03-12-2013   #63
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
but... but... Wade SINGLEHANDEDLY is responsible for us being in the playoffs for the past two seasons!! Just ask SteelB.
We did make the p[ayoffs the last 2 yrs? Correct? How many times did the Texans make the playoffs before Wade? How much imput did Wade have in the FA signings of JoJo and Manning? The drafting of Watt and Reed?

Yeah, I would say Wade had more to do with the Texans making the playoffs the last 2 yrs than anybody else in the Texans org. Will this be yr 8 for Gary and yr 7 for Rick? How much more shelf life do you think they have in this org.

BTW, I've been preaching that this is the yr to fix the offense. It's a great yr for WR/OL/TE.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How much imput did Wade have in the FA signings of JoJo and Manning?
I'm going to say none. It didn't take a genius to figure out we needed help at CB & safety. It might be a coincidence that everyone else thought Jjo was the 2nd (maybe third but since Taylor resigned with the Steelers it doesn't matter) best corner available.

I doubt Wade walked in one day & said, "Forget that Aso Ashole.... I can make Jjo work."

Quote:
The drafting of Watt and Reed?
Again, I doubt Wade crossed everyone else's name off the list & highlighted these two names. I seriously doubt that Watt was at the top of Wade's list.... the one Rick Smith gave him to begin with. & when Watt was available when our pick came, I don't think Wade snatched the card from Rick Smith & ran to the podium.

When that cupcake makes a star out of Braman or Crick, come holla, until then, I think he's getting way too much credit around here.

He deserves some, but this is a little overboard.

jmo.
Old 03-12-2013   #65
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Glover is going on a trip. Damnit!

Glover Quin Jr @ GloverQuin29
Airport flow!!
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #66
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56098 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Looks like Glover is going on a trip. Damnit!

Airport flow!!
Was just gonna post that. GAHH!
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #67
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Was just gonna post that. GAHH!
Lol. He might be out of here for good. Really bad move by the Texans to let him hit free agency without locking him down first. Who do we got now? Brice freakin McCain?!!?!?
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2013   #68
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Airport flow!!
Does that mean he's travelling or everyone else is travelling???
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #69
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm going to say none. It didn't take a genius to figure out we needed help at CB & safety. It might be a coincidence that everyone else thought Jjo was the 2nd (maybe third but since Taylor resigned with the Steelers it doesn't matter) best corner available.

I doubt Wade walked in one day & said, "Forget that Aso Ashole.... I can make Jjo work."

Again, I doubt Wade crossed everyone else's name off the list & highlighted these two names. I seriously doubt that Watt was at the top of Wade's list.... the one Rick Smith gave him to begin with. & when Watt was available when our pick came, I don't think Wade snatched the card from Rick Smith & ran to the podium.

When that cupcake makes a star out of Braman or Crick, come holla, until then, I think he's getting way too much credit around here.

He deserves some, but this is a little overboard.

jmo.
Lets just say that we disagree on Wades imput on FA and the draft. If Rick was great at picking defensive talent, then why was the defense historically bad despite numerous high draft picks being spent before Wade got here? Then all of the sudden Rick had an enlightenment the moment Wade was signed on as DC and Rick started making HOF picks in the 1st rd and adding solid starters in the draft after that. If you believe that I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

I'm also sure Wade gave Rick a list of DB's he liked. Rick tried to get Aso couldn't get a deal done and moved on to JoJo and Manning. Seems reasonable to me.
Old 03-12-2013   #70
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
FS Glover Quin is visiting the Lions, according to his agent, Mike Hoffman.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #71
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56098 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Detroit is a dead end, hope he realizes this
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #72
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Just great!!!!!!

If the Texans dont spend the $$$$ on Quin/Barwin they better spend it on other FA's and not just pocket the $$$$.
Old 03-12-2013   #73
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Detroit is a dead end, hope he realizes this
Hey, not that many places you can get a house for under $1000!
Old 03-12-2013   #74
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just great!!!!!!

If the Texans dont spend the $$$$ on Quin/Barwin they better spend it on other FA's and not just pocket the $$$$.
Steel,

they cut Walter so they are making room for something. If there is one thing we can agree on, it is that Kubiak would not participate in the exit of Kevin Walter without just cause. Even in our more active free agent years, we aren't newsmakers on day one for two good reasons:

1. top-tier, day one, free agents are universally overpaid.
2. reporters don't have insiders in Texans' organization.

Again this year, the market is flooded with free agents. The cap is actually 10% smaller than it was three years ago and there is a ton of talent available, particularly at the following positions: TE, CB, S... We just need to breathe deep for the next 24 hours. Things will start happening.

Also, we have between 7-12 free agents that could sign qualifying contracts for compensation in next year's draft. So, what we want is for a lot of our free agents to sign premium deals this week if they aren't staying here... Particularly, if guys like Dobbins, James, McCain, Routt, Caldwell get interest and sign reasonable deals, that will give us room to add some free agents this year and still receive draft compensation in 2014.
Old 03-12-2013   #75
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Steel,

they cut Walter so they are making room for something. If there is one thing we can agree on, it is that Kubiak would not participate in the exit of Kevin Walter without just cause. Even in our more active free agent years, we aren't newsmakers on day one for two good reasons:

1. top-tier, day one, free agents are universally overpaid.
2. reporters don't have insiders in Texans' organization.

Again this year, the market is flooded with free agents. The cap is actually 10% smaller than it was three years ago and there is a ton of talent available, particularly at the following positions: TE, CB, S... We just need to breathe deep for the next 24 hours. Things will start happening.

Also, we have between 7-12 free agents that could sign qualifying contracts for compensation in next year's draft. So, what we want is for a lot of our free agents to sign premium deals this week if they aren't staying here... Particularly, if guys like Dobbins, James, McCain, Routt, Caldwell get interest and sign reasonable deals, that will give us room to add some free agents this year and still receive draft compensation in 2014.
Hope you're right, I dont have a good feeling about this offseason for the Texans.

The 1 yr they spent on top tier FA's they made the playoffs. (Just Saying.)
Old 03-12-2013   #76
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I dunno man, Pee Wee Herman had his moments, but when it comes to the 4th quarter, I get the feeling that he will pull out at the most inopportune time.
Not to mention the "off the field" incidents...
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #77
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I really love what Quinn brings to the table overall. He's been such a versatile player and has brought stability to the safety spot.

Honestly though he lacks ballhawk instincts and top speed you want in an elite FS.

I'd love to see him back because he fits well with what the defense does.

Honestly though my bigger concern is what's behind him and who they have rotated in Keo and Demps. Also will this staff make a big enough effort to get a viable replacement and keep the secondary from falling apart with the lack of quality players behind him.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #78
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hope you're right, I dont have a good feeling about this offseason for the Texans.

The 1 yr they spent on top tier FA's they made the playoffs. (Just Saying.)
Sure, but the one year they sat on their hands and let key veterans go, they won 12 games.

Cutting Walter is the key. That put the Texans somewhere between $9 and $12 million under the cap. They don't make that move unless they are spending that money and need the room. I predict that they will have made (at least) two "significant" free agent signings by early next week... Could be Barwin and Quin... but not looking like that right now.
Old 03-12-2013   #79
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure, but the one year they sat on their hands and let key veterans go, they won 12 games.

Cutting Walter is the key. That put the Texans somewhere between $9 and $12 million under the cap. They don't make that move unless they are spending that money and need the room. I predict that they will have made (at least) two "significant" free agent signings by early next week... Could be Barwin and Quin... but not looking like that right now.
I think Quin will be retained and they don't even see what Barwin wants. Resigning Quin and getting a free agent at a need position that could make some sort of impact would be enough for me, given our cap room.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #80
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd let both of them go for Ed Reed.

Just saying. He can still play and that leadership would go far on this team. Would still look to draft a safety but Reed would be a great stop gap.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read