Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

MIN trades WR Percy Harvin to SEA for 1st rounder

b0ng

Bad Hombre
http://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/311160128743280640

The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/311164127496245248

Any trade between MINN and SEA for Percy Harvin, which still is being finalized, is expected to include Seahawks' 2013 first-round pick.

http://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/statuses/311165153376870400

The Seahawks gave up at least a first-round pick in the Harvin trade.

I imagine playing against that team in Madden would result in many broken controllers.

I think this means the Seahawks are going to cut Sidney Rice. Good deal for them, he's an upgrade at WR and returner.

Seattle is gonna be nasty next year... Wilson having Harvin coming off that zone read against us is....

I think this was an overpay, based on the number of teams who would not take Harvin and the Vikings necessity to get him off the roster.

But a good addition, no doubt.

I think this was an overpay, based on the number of teams who would not take Harvin and the Vikings necessity to get him off the roster.

But a good addition, no doubt.

@JayGlazer: Seattle sends this years first round pick and a 7th rounder as well as a mid-round pick next year for Harvin. Win-win for both teams

To me that's a steal. Percy Harvin for the #25 and a 7th round throwaway this year, and a "mid-round" pick next year? I think a lot of NFL teams would've signed up for that.

This also directly affects the Texans draft, as Minnesota with the 25th pick is drafting twice just ahead of us.

Do they need a WR now???
nod.gif

To me that's a steal. Percy Harvin for the #25 and a 7th round throwaway this year, and a "mid-round" pick next year? I think a lot of NFL teams would've signed up for that.

Agreed, very good deal based on draft picks alone. The real measure of this deal is going to be how much Seattle shells out to re-sign Harvin, dude wants to get paid.

I wonder what kinda contract they're going to sign Harvin to.

Hate for them to give up their first & dude holds out on them.

Dream trade for Houston. We are most likely drafting a receiver first round. Cut Walter, Daniels, and Smith = Enough for Percy Harvin.

I don't think so!
Jason La Canfora Jason La CanforaVerified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Perhaps Mike Wallace will get $12M a year, but sounds like Harvin is averaging more than that in his new deal with Seattle

Seattle better hope they enjoy their $12 mil spread all over the field while they watch Harvin sitting on the bench with ice packs, splint, or cast/

What does this tell a young team that just put together a winning season? A lot of these guys have yet to get paid, and Percy Harvin comes in and makes $12 million? Can't be good for team chemistry.

I vaguely recall in another thread about Harvin being told a high 1st round pick was dumb. We were all wrong but at least I can say I was closer to right about Harvin's trade value.

I would rather see Texans trade their first rounder for Victor Cruz - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-wr-victor-cruz-1st-205911937--nfl.html

Me too

Harvin wants Megatron $$$$$.

Harvin has bad ankles.

Glad Rick/Gary passed, not that they would've ever considered a deal like this. One things for sure, Carroll is a risk taker. Probably why the Hawks are farther ahead than the Texans even though Carroll hasn't been in Seattle near as long as Garys been in Houston.

I don't think so!

Seattle better hope they enjoy their $12 mil spread all over the field while they watch Harvin sitting on the bench with ice packs, splint, or cast/

Tell me about the nfl games Percy Harvin has missed due to these injuries.

Man....1st round picks are gold. Even late first round picks.

You can still find superstar hall of fame players until about middle of the 3rd round. 22 positions and most drafts have depth.

I think Minnesota did themselves good if they can draft the right guys then no doubt.

Man....1st round picks are gold. Even late first round picks.
I agree. And this guy also has "off-field" issues. Just wait until he finds out there's never any sunshine in Seattle, that's the opportunity for this diva to have a new issue - SAD. He'll be joining Royce White in therapy. He's talented, but also temperamental. Texans don't need this headache.

I vaguely recall in another thread about Harvin being told a high 1st round pick was dumb. We were all wrong but at least I can say I was closer to right about Harvin's trade value.

Just because Seattle did it doesn't make it right. It makes them dumb, considering the money he wants & there's only been one receiver "like" him that produced what that contract will expect & that's Wes Welker (who is not & most likely won't get paid like that).

Just because Seattle did it doesn't make it right. It makes them dumb, considering the money he wants & there's only been one receiver "like" him that produced what that contract will expect & that's Wes Welker (who is not & most likely won't get paid like that).

Please excuse me for saying high as I meant late.

It's not a justification, it's a projection. Teams routinely do far dumber things with first round picks and money all the time. See Tebow. Harvin is a damn fine player with a history in the NFL. A first round pick for Harvin was not a leap of faith if your familiar with him.

The mercurial Harvin started 43, played in 54 out of a total 64 regular season games. His non-starts and missed games were due to "sinus infections" that later became migraine headaches, and ankle injuries that landed him on the IR last year missing 7 games.

He averaged 61 yards receiving and had 20 receiving/4 rushing TDs over that span.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12569/percy-harvin

Excluding games where he might have only played a handfull of snaps (the 54 games) and using 43 games where he actually played a full game...

6.51 receptions per game
76.79 yards per game
15.88 rushing yards per game
.465 touchdowns per game

Not to mention Harvin KR/PR abilities. I know he's returned a few for TD's. He wouldn't be able to do that with the Texans though. (Coach Joe)

Excluding games where he might have only played a handfull of snaps...
Harvin had no games where he had a handful of snaps. He had 5 games in his rookie year with snaps in the 20s, 1 in 2010, and 1 in 2011. all other games were higher.

Vikings put up some low team snaps from 2009-12 -- down to 45. Having AP took him off the field more than usual.

He scored TDs on KR/PR 5 times: 2 ('09), 1, 1, 1.

No way. Draft one, maybe sign Mike Wallace?

Well then it shouldn't affect our draft.
Instead of Seattle, now it's the Vikings.
There's no additional need created.
If anything, it hampers the Seahawks next year, when they lose a mid round pick.

Harvin had no games where he had a handful of snaps. He had 5 games in his rookie year with snaps in the 20s, 1 in 2010, and 1 in 2011. all other games were higher.

Do you have a link to verify any of this? I cant find a per game snap count for individual players anywhere.

What does this tell a young team that just put together a winning season? A lot of these guys have yet to get paid, and Percy Harvin comes in and makes $12 million? Can't be good for team chemistry.

That's a good point.
Didn't Seattle just pay big bucks for a QB that ended up getting outplayed by a rook? I kinda thought that move showed the team that performance, not payroll impact, is what counts most.

...then they go after Pay-Me Percy.

The mind boggles.

Seattle's wr's were a crapbag. Harvin is a stud. Winning is the best thing for chemistry. There are no Percy Harvins in this years draft.

Seattle's wr's were a crapbag. Harvin is a stud. Winning is the best thing for chemistry.
Did he help the Vikings win all that much? I thought they played better down the stretch without him.

I think Harvin is a cancer for a young team. Pete Carill has never been afraid to bring in anyone he thought could play. I guess he'll figure it out.

Did he help the Vikings win all that much? I thought they played better down the stretch without him.

I think Harvin is a cancer for a young team. Pete Carill has never been afraid to bring in anyone he thought could play. I guess he'll figure it out.
I think Harvin is a game changer. He would take us over the top offensively. He can run like a running back and is a weapon you can put anywhere on the field.

Harvin is a beast, Adrian Peterson was quoted something to the tune of "it's like having two Michael Jordans on the field at the same time." He immediately becomes the best player on their offense.

Not sure if he's a cancer or not but he was pretty pushy about getting the hell out of Minnesota.

Harvin is a beast, Adrian Peterson was quoted something to the tune of "it's like having two Michael Jordans on the field at the same time."

Blasphemy. Not sure if Harvin even makes a good Scottie Pippen.

Blasphemy. Not sure if Harvin even makes a good Scottie Pippen.

Eh.... there's no doubt that Seattle has a talented offense. Now let's see if Carrol can keep it together. I don't think he can. I've never been a fan of his.

Do you have a link to verify any of this? I cant find a per game snap count for individual players anywhere.

ProFootballFocus keeps snap counts and even drills down to position. So a guy like Michael Huff who played both FS and RCB in 2012, you can snaps at each position.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Pete Carroll concedes Harvin may need surgery as they seek second opinion

Percy Harvin's hip injury reinforces that fear for top strength/conditioning coaches when they don't see players for at least 30 days.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
WR Percy Harvin's hip injury is problematic. He is scheduled to get a second opinion and there is concern about the injury.

Seahawks placed on PUP:
DE Chris Clemons (knee), WR Percy Harvin (hip), TE Zach Miller (foot), RB Robert Turbin (foot).

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Remember when many were wanting for us to pick up Harvin and I warned that he was the perfect set up for another injury?

Well, just keep in mind what situation Seattle is now potentially facing:

Seattle sent this year's first round pick and a 7th rounder as well as a mid-round pick next year for Harvin.............not to mention the ~$15 million in guaranteed money.

From PFT:
Harvin will have surgery Thursday, return late in the season
Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT

Now that Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin has decided to have surgery to repair the slight tear in the labrum in his hip, he’s wasting no time to get it fixed.

Per a league source, Harvin will have surgery on Thursday in New York.

While one of Harvin’s tweets could be read to imply he won’t play at all in 2013, we’re told that Harvin is expected back late in the season.

Since Harvin is on the physically unable to perform list, the Seahawks likely will shift him to the reserve/PUP list before the start of the regular season. He’ll then have to be activated for practice purposes between Week Six and Week Nine. Once he begins to practice, the Seahawks will have three weeks to shift him to the active roster or shut him down for the season.

With his history of lower limb injuries, his aspiration to return to play this season.........and be an effective receiver.........and not expect to sustain another lower limb joint injury (hip, ankle or knee)........is probably not very realistic. He would do much better to rest and rehab the entire season and try to return "fresh" next year for another try.

From PFT:
Harvin will have surgery Thursday, return late in the season
Posted by Mike Florio on July 30, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT

Now that Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin has decided to have surgery to repair the slight tear in the labrum in his hip, he’s wasting no time to get it fixed.

Per a league source, Harvin will have surgery on Thursday in New York.

While one of Harvin’s tweets could be read to imply he won’t play at all in 2013, we’re told that Harvin is expected back late in the season.

Since Harvin is on the physically unable to perform list, the Seahawks likely will shift him to the reserve/PUP list before the start of the regular season. He’ll then have to be activated for practice purposes between Week Six and Week Nine. Once he begins to practice, the Seahawks will have three weeks to shift him to the active roster or shut him down for the season.

With his history of lower limb injuries, his aspiration to return to play this season.........and be an effective receiver.........and not expect to sustain another lower limb joint injury (hip, ankle or knee)........is probably not very realistic. He would do much better to rest and rehab the entire season and try to return "fresh" next year for another try.

[Don't believe that Florio's got the new PUP sequence down.]

Back