Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

ATL Falcons Safety gets new Contract with 14 Million Guaranteed

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with safety William Moore on a five-year contract.
Moore's deal is worth a maximum of $32 million, including $18 million in the first three years, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

A 2009 second-round pick, Moore was expected to command a salary near the top of the safety market. San Diego's Eric Weddle, whose deal last July averaged roughly $8 million, has the top salary for a safety.

Moore, an integral part of the Atlanta secondary, made the Pro Bowl as an alternate last season.

Moore, 27, finished fifth on the team with 75 tackles last season despite missing four games with a hamstring injury. He also added four interceptions in 2012, giving him 11 over his four-year career.

Also Saturday, right guard Garrett Reynolds, who started seven games last year before having season-ending back surgery, agreed to a two-year contract.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9034212/william-moore-agrees-five-year-deal-atlanta-falcons
The Atlanta Falcons and strong safety William Moore agreed to a five-year deal Saturday, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, that is worth $30 million, $14 million guaranteed.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-was-an-absolute-must-for-the-atlanta-falcons
OK so the Texans gave Daniel Manning a 20 million dollar deal with 8 million guaranteed, so I'm thinking that Glover Quin is probably looking for money somewhere between these these 2 deals ? Moore is more highly rated than Quin, but Quin almost certainly expects more money in 2013 than the Texans other safety received 2 years ago.
Now I'm feeling even more uncertain about Grover playing in Reliant in 2013 ?

OK so the Texans gave Daniel Manning a 20 million dollar deal with 8 million guaranteed, so I'm thinking that Glover Quin is probably looking for money somewhere between these these 2 deals ? Moore is more highly rated than Quin, but Quin almost certainly expects more money in 2013 than the Texans other safety received 2 years ago.
Now I'm feeling even more uncertain about Grover playing in Reliant in 2013 ?

Quin was a 4th round pick, who has made about 2 million dollars in his entire career so far. Chances are, he will be going to the highest bidder. All it comes down to is who is interested and how much they are willing to pay.

Back