Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-19-2013   #61
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pro day updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dr. CND has me totally off anyone with that injury. Multiple concussions & Lisfranc are deal breakers for me.
That's why I knock him down a couple of rounds (pending his performance at the pro day.)
Lisfranc is not as devastating, I don't think (as compared to multiple-concussion.)

I still don't know how Joe Montana did it.
That guy wasn't big but his head must be really tough.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #62
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SS Cooper Taylor

Cooper Taylor had an outstanding pro-day, despite inclement weather:

6'-4 3/4" and 228 lbs
40 yds.............4.45/4.53
Bench..............23 reps
V.J..................36.5"
L.J..................127"
3-cone............6.9
20 yd shuttle....4.2

He likely moved himself into the Top 100.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SS Cooper Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post

6'-4 3/4" and 228 lbs
3-cone............6.9
20 yd shuttle....4.2

Man, they kept moving up on me.
Old 03-19-2013   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Words are the condition of the field was pretty bad at Florida St. pro day.
There were some slip and slide out there, not the optimum condition to gauge a performance.

Some is saying Jenkins is borderline top 100 (he did slip on his forty.)

I have no idea how to evaluate him now.
Old 03-19-2013   #65
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

6'-4 3/4" and 228 lbs
3-cone............6.9
20 yd shuttle....4.2

My sleeper guys keep on moving up the board.

Taylor will probably be gone before 125. The guy is smart,huge, fast and strong. He has 10yr starter written all over him. As far as value goes a 3rd rd pick would be a great get for Taylor.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #66
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

6'-4 3/4" and 228 lbs
3-cone............6.9
20 yd shuttle....4.2

I'm not familiar with the player but those are some good measurables. What's his 10 yd. split on the 40? How are his hips in change of direction? And is he any good in pass coverage? We need a Safety that can cover, and I'd love to find a tall one that can handle the new era athletic TE's that kill us over the middle.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #67
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans at UT's pro day

Quote:
Tania Ganguli‏@taniaganguli5m
RT @calvinwatkins: Houston Texans asst GM Brian Gardner is in attendance at Texas' Pro Day.
Old 03-28-2013   #68
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Hearing Barkley was unimpressive in his Pro Day, and reading between the lines from some higher profile writers I can see them putting lipstick on a pig.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #69
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76785 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hearing Barkley was unimpressive in his Pro Day, and reading between the lines from some higher profile writers I can see them putting lipstick on a pig.
And I'm hearing ignore those who say it was unimpressive.

I'd ignore all of them - there's reasons to falsely downgrade his performance also. You can find any opinion you'd like of his pro day, and anyone in a position to matter (Scouts, GM's, and Coaches actually employed by NFL teams) have zero reason to truthfully say anything to anybody.
Old 03-28-2013   #70
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...except Pro Football Weekly who ranks USC's Matt Barkley as the top QB in the 2013 NFL Draft.

2. Ryan Nassib,
3. E.J. Manuel,
4. Tyler Wilson,
5. Zac Dysert,
6. Geno Smith.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #71
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And who's this guy? (Also from Rice).

Taylor Cook

Height: 6-7
Weight: 262 pounds
Wingspan: 82"
Bench reps @ 225: 20 times
Vertical: 37"
Broad Jump: 10'2"
40 yard dash: 4.71 seconds

I checked his school bio and stats from ncaa stats site, and he's a TE.
He played QB at Rice Consolidated (Eagle Lake area, SSE of I-10 and Columbus, West of Sugarland, and Northwest of Wharton.)

He signed with Miami, but tranfer to Rice the following year.
Scout Inc. showed that he was just 206 at the time he was recruited by Miami.

Besides playing TE, he's also the punter and the back-up QB.
An UDFA possibility???
I'm from the WC area, but I never heard of him. 2* player coming out of HS, but I hope he gets a job in the NFL. Rice are getting a good player out of Cole Hunt(6'7" TE from El Campo) and Trey Martin is pretty good as well.
Old 04-06-2013   #72
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
TE Lucas Reed (Brooks Reed's brother) looks good in catching drills; DeAndre Hopkins (Clemson) did likewise.
So far Raiders, Bears and Broncos have been in town to work out 3 players, Reed being the best pro prospect.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read