Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-29-2013   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Verizon NFL Mobile

Does anyone utilize this service? The premium service is $5 a month and you can stream live NFL games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday nights, the NFL Network, and NFL Redzone plus a few other minor features.

http://www.verizoninsider.com/nfl/mobile

I am going to give it a shot this season, or at least for a few months. I really want the NFL Redzone and I am not going to pay DirecTV $300 or whatever they are charging to get it.

Now I just need to figure out a way to transfer the feed from my phone to my TV or tablet because even on smartphones those screens arent big enough and the service is only for phones. The other concern I have is the video quality while on 4G. I was just streaming the NFL Network channel while on 4G and it was a bit grainy. It even cut out one time. I assume people will pay for this service because they want to watch NFL stuff while away from their home wifi, unless they are at a bar or friends house with wifi.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Does anyone utilize this service? The premium service is $5 a month and you can stream live NFL games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday nights, the NFL Network, and NFL Redzone plus a few other minor features.

http://www.verizoninsider.com/nfl/mobile

I am going to give it a shot this season, or at least for a few months. I really want the NFL Redzone and I am not going to pay DirecTV $300 or whatever they are charging to get it.

Now I just need to figure out a way to transfer the feed from my phone to my TV or tablet because even on smartphones those screens arent big enough and the service is only for phones. The other concern I have is the video quality while on 4G. I was just streaming the NFL Network channel while on 4G and it was a bit grainy. It even cut out one time. I assume people will pay for this service because they want to watch NFL stuff while away from their home wifi, unless they are at a bar or friends house with wifi.
I've never used it, but as far as transfering from phone to TV they make micro USB to HDMI cables.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #3
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Verizon NFL Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I've never used it, but as far as transfering from phone to TV they make micro USB to HDMI cables.
I actually have a Droid Razr which has a micro-HDMI out. I have a cable that does micro-HDMI to HDMI but alot of times video-out will be disabled or blocked. And then I have to worry about video quality and download speed. If the video sometimes looks like crap on my phone, just imagine what it would look like going to my '50 HDTV.
Old 07-30-2013   #4
Blake
MMQB

Looks like a root would need to be done to get the video-out to work with NFL Mobile.
Old 07-30-2013   #5
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

This might help, but I haven't gotten mine yet, so I don't know what exactly you're able to stream to your TV using Google Cast.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read