Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2005   #21
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLIONS2006
Our D-line
LE Kalimba Edwards/Robert Porcher
DT Shaun Rogers(very underrated)
DT Dan Wilkinson
RE James Hall

sure it might not look good on paper but these guys are all good enough to make this a good D-Line.
We both have "look good on paper players" cause we are young as is San Diego. I think these 3 teams are going to make some noise in the coming years. It will be nice to see the Lions and Chargers back to there old championship form. The Lions are one of the oldest teams to not win a Super Bowl. Just before the SB was introduced the Lions and Oilers were the power houses of the AFL. Funny how neither have make and it to the SB. Titans went but lost but i dont count that. The Oilers go down in history with there best effort being 2 AFC chamiopnship matchups with Pitt. 78' and 79' i do believe. Then Bum Philips traded Pastorini and a ton of picks to the Raiders for Stabler and Casper. The Oilers lost to the Raiders in the playoffs that year and thats why Bum was fired. Bud let Bum do what he had never done before and thats let a coach have the final say in trade negotiations. Bum took a risk and lost. Considering the circumstances the Bum firing was more deserving than most i have seen. Anyway, Id like to see the Lions make it and win but never at the Texans expense.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #22
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I believe the closest I have seen the Oilers get was 30 minutes away with a huge lead against Buffalo.

I also think it is worth noting that Shaun Rodgers is a beast. I remember him plowing through the Texans line the last time we played.

Finally how does anybody have a schedule to know that we play week 2?
Old 03-21-2005   #23
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz

Finally how does anybody have a schedule to know that we play week 2?
The posts that mention a game 2 match-up were from before last season...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read