Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who Do You Want the Texans to Draft?

Which player do you want the Texans to draft?

Which player gives the Texans the most help?

What position do we need the most?

Which players do you see the Texans drafting?

Discuss....

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
DeAndre Hopkins, Xavier Rhodes, or Matt Elam in the first round.

Would love for us to get Kasheem Greene in the 2nd even though I don't think it is possible.

EJ Manuel
Matt Scott

Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Quinton Patton

Barkevious Mingo
Arthur Brown

Matt Elam
Eric Reid

I had previously liked Margus Hunt in the 2nd-3rdish-how sweet would our line be with Hunt and Watt?-but his workout likely put him out of reach.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
Tavon Austin WR WVA
Marquis Goodwin WR Texas
Matt Scott QB Arizona
so far this is my list. I'll add to it.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Unrealistically....

Dion Jordan
Geno Smith

As these 2 are the only ones i'm 90% sure are gonna be all-pros 1 day...

Realistically...

I have no clue..i just know i'd like to see an upgrade at MLB, WR, OLB and QB.

tru80texan

Waterboy
I like some of the usual suspects such as Keenan Allen, Hopkins, & Hunter. Some names I wouldn't mind seeing later in the draft would be Aaron Dobson WR from Marshall. Good size, decent speed, & good hands. He made some great catches & plays tough imo.

Then Schwenke C/ OG from Cal. This guy held his own very well against some decent competition at the Senior Bowl. He stood up Jenkins out of Georgia quite a few times. Good mobility & could play G w/ the hopes of eventually replacing Myers at C. His versatility between the 2 positions would be a good asset imo.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I like some of the usual suspects such as Keenan Allen, Hopkins, & Hunter. Some names I wouldn't mind seeing later in the draft would be Aaron Dobson WR from Marshall. Good size, decent speed, & good hands. He made some great catches & plays tough imo.

Then Schwenke C/ OG from Cal. This guy held his own very well against some decent competition at the Senior Bowl. He stood up Jenkins out of Georgia quite a few times. Good mobility & could play G w/ the hopes of eventually replacing Myers at C. His versatility between the 2 positions would be a good asset imo.
Even though Schwenke at OC/OG isn't a huge need in 3rd when the Texans are picking he will probably be BPA and a 10 yr starter. You could do worse than picking a guy like him. I also like Dobson in rd 2 if the Texans decide to go another direction in rd 1.

A couple of guys I also think would be great fits on the Texans because they would add what the Texans are desparately missing. SPEED

1. Hunter
2. Swope
3. Xavier Gooden

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
I'll use this thread for narrowing down our potential selections based on chatter:

I'm hearing Datone Jones DL UCLA would be snapped up if he's there at 27. I have not studied as much tape as I need to, I guess, because what I saw early on was a questionable motor and him get blown out a few times. Can anybody make me love Datone? Likely won't be there for us, but I'm interested in other opinions?

Johnathan Cyprien S FIU I like a lot and would be good with us taking him at 27.

Deandre Hopkins WR Clemson is a favorite of mine. Just looks the part to me and doesn't have the injury concerns of others. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee is darn intriguing, but I can't ignore his hands problems. There's a passel of other WRs that I think fit better in Round 2. No slam dunks, but there will be some quality starters developed out of this class. I'm less expecting WR @27 for us now.

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame has been recently mocked to us by people I respect -- and a few I don't. Anybody see any holes in his game? How does he compare to a Kyle Rudolph? On TE, anybody see a Dwayne Allen out there this year??? Loved him last year, much more than Fleener taken ahead of him.

Menelik Watson OT Florida I see mocked to us in the first. I see potential there, but that early feels like a reach value wise???

As far as Alec Ogletree LB Georgia being mocked to us so often, I see no way the Texans select him. He's a stone knucklehead. Outside of that, I don't think he's all that. 2nd rounder for a criminal team: Ravens/Bengals/etc.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Datone Jones had a good Senior Bowl week.
He looks pretty good on tapes, too.

I don't know where to put him though.

Insideop

All Pro
Of that list I'd have to say my favorites would be:
1) DeAndre Hopkins
2) Tyler Eifert
3) Johnathan Cyprien

My thinking now is the Texans may trade back if they have a partner. If not, they may go with best TE (Eifert) if he's still on the board and they value him higher than the others at different positions. My guess is Eifert will be gone by then and I'm not sure how much the Texans will value the WR's that are left at #27 over other positions. They could go in several different directions, which seems to be the problem with all the teams in this whole draft. Nobody seems to know what anybody else is thinking! So it's hard to come up with a good mock draft.

drs23

Veteran
I've liked Deandre Hopkins for a while now. I read somewhere, on one of the blogs I think, that there wasn't a WR that the Texans had a first round grade on. I expect to see a team trade back into the back end of the first. I'm not so sure Rick will have that hard of a time moving back. Can't wait till next Thursday!:kingkong:

bckey

All Pro
Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State. He is a former basketball player that is quick and agile. Very athletic. Perfect for the zone blocking the Texans run. He could fill in at LT in a pinch if something ever happened to Brown. I know typically you don't draft a RT in the first round but this guy could be the exception. Too good to pass up at 27. I can't wait until thursday to see if the Texans trade out of the first round or stand pat.